Uconnect update I actually like… so far

Did it finally download?
No. I even connected to WiFi and did two 30 minute run cycles and a soft restart. Still no performance page at all.

Edit: Tried a factory reset and the performance page returned, along with the second page of gauges, but still with the RHO HP numbers. It's connected to wifi for updates, but after the factory reset it wiped the PW but the maps still downloaded and app store works over cell. The "service Uconnect" error didn't return. It seems like I get that error anytime they push an update even though my hardware is functional.
 
Last edited:
Dashboard design better go back to this formant too
1777822767183.webp
 
I checked my truck. Still no change.
I put it on a charger too just in case it would be picky about battery power
 
@RamCares , is there an option to update via usb downloading from the website. Also is this update expected to fix the in dash navigation only working once a day?
 
Hi @thepro8 to provide some clarity, an AOTA is not the same as FOTA -- this is not something a dealer can update, nor does it change version numbers because it's not a change to radio software. AOTA is solely updating apps within the radio.

@masterchief In regard to the questions surrounding drive modes, we have reached out to our internal team for more information.

@2021HBTRX I can assure you that we are real people and our team is only active Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, so there will be delay in responses from the weekend. If you need faster response times, you can also reach our Ram Cares team directly at 866-726-4636.

Again, as mentioned, we are just the social media team and do not play a part in this process, we just update you all as we are made aware. If there are any additional questions, we will try our best to get an answer for you all.

Diamond
Ram Cares
 
Two years attempting to fix "the graphics". Sounds like they have not even began looking at the drive mode issue.

HO-LY shit what a disaster.
 
Two years attempting to fix "the graphics". Sounds like they have not even began looking at the drive mode issue.

HO-LY shit what a disaster.
Only 1 person has chimed in. Nobody has gotten it yet? He said he could customize his drive modes now? I surely thought someone on here would have gotten it by now.
 
Only 1 person has chimed in. Nobody has gotten it yet? He said he could customize his drive modes now? I surely thought someone on here would have gotten it by now.
Well I got something, started the truck 4-5 times yesterday running errands and radio froze, loud buzzing, and reboot every time. Used to do that every 4 starts...lol
 
I’ve started mine about 8 times since Ive noticed the drive mode settings were fixed. So far so good. my customized settings are retained.
 
I’ve started mine about 8 times since Ive noticed the drive mode settings were fixed. So far so good. my customized settings are retained.
What about other things? A screw blower on the boost gauge instead of a turbo? Propulsion page show the correct max horsepower instead of 600? When you switch modes does it stay on what you choose instead of resorting back to auto?
 
What about other things? A screw blower on the boost gauge instead of a turbo? Propulsion page show the correct max horsepower instead of 600? When you switch modes does it stay on what you choose instead of resorting back to auto?

I believe the drive mode has always reset back to auto after turning the truck off. I do have a Tazer, so that has dictated what my drive mode starts at. so i can't comment if that has changed.

I think they replaced boost pressure with oil pressure? Maybe because I'm in park, I'll check tomorrow in drive.

HP still shows 600

All in all some good some bad. But at least I can set my steering to Rock mode on Auto
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I believe the drive mode has always reset back to auto after turning the truck off. I do have a Tazer, so that has dictated what my drive mode starts at. so i can't comment if that has changed.

I think they replaced boost pressure with oil pressure? Maybe because I'm in park, I'll check tomorrow in drive.

HP still shows 600

All in all some good some bad. But at least I can set my steering to Rock mode on Auto
That's a bummer
 
I wonder if they really sent out an update. You would think more than 1 person on here would have gotten it by now.
 
Hi @thepro8 to provide some clarity, an AOTA is not the same as FOTA -- this is not something a dealer can update, nor does it change version numbers because it's not a change to radio software. AOTA is solely updating apps within the radio.

@masterchief In regard to the questions surrounding drive modes, we have reached out to our internal team for more information.

@2021HBTRX I can assure you that we are real people and our team is only active Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, so there will be delay in responses from the weekend. If you need faster response times, you can also reach our Ram Cares team directly at 866-726-4636.

Again, as mentioned, we are just the social media team and do not play a part in this process, we just update you all as we are made aware. If there are any additional questions, we will try our best to get an answer for you all.

Diamond
Ram Cares
Exactly! We bitch a lot @RamCares but they can’t do more than pass our concerns, and I appreciate in certain ways their information.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top