Uconnect update I actually like… so far

@Louk

Just curious, does yours still show a 6.2 on the drive mode page or the Hurricane? I saw at least one other guy who just got this update tonight and they have an RHO engine pictured on that page now.
View attachment 144991
For reference…RHO motor and dyno graph on my TRX (this is software U35.26):View attachment 144987View attachment 144988
Original TRX pages (T27.46):View attachment 144989View attachment 144990
I play with these UC5 radios a lot. And my experience with most of these MY24 “U” software versions on my TRX is that they just don’t seem like they were designed or intended for pre-refresh trucks. That’s why I surprised to see this rolled out to them.
I miss the original version when I bought the truck. It was perfect
 
@RamCares there is another bug on the uConnect latest version for RAM and Dodge products. If I start the google map navigation, it will display “turn by turn” in the cluster. If I disable it in the settings, it will gone, but won’t save my preferred setting. So next time I turn the map navigation again, the annoying “turn by turn” option will shows up at the cluster. Please, let them know I want the system saves the setting and don’t show that again.

Thanks
 
@RamCares
Well… today got another dancing screen… tried the two button reset a couple times. Nothing.

After the third door reset and a lunch break the dancing screen was gone…. But so were performance pages and drive modes.

Actually the entire “dashboard” link was gone.
So to change drive modes now on the “lost coast “ trip I was on, hold the Trx button and then you can get to it.

Multiple stops and door cycles and it never came back.

why do the updates always make things worse?
 
Out of the blue I just checked my performance pages and it's back to 720 horsepower. The gauges also look right again. Here's the kicker, I keep getting a "uconnect error...take it to the dealer service message" that pops up every couple seconds! Geez Louise, how hard can it be... @RamCares... I'm guessing it's just stiff as a morning Woody🤷‍♂️🤦
 
Guys it’s just a bluetooth ios version compatibility mismatch. Lol. So they are blaming it on for me from my case manager with her kid yelling in the background teleworking from home @RamCares
 
I love how this thread started out as a positive and quickly devolved into a negative and now, more than a year and hundreds of posts later, the situation hasn't improved and there is still no resolution in sight.
 
I love how this thread started out as a positive and quickly devolved into a negative and now, more than a year and hundreds of posts later, the situation hasn't improved and there is still no resolution in sight.

And we've had the complete death and resurrection of the Stellantis V8s before it has been fixed, LOL.
 
I love how this thread started out as a positive and quickly devolved into a negative and now, more than a year and hundreds of posts later, the situation hasn't improved and there is still no resolution in sight.
It’s actually gotten worse… that’s the crazy part
 
It’s actually gotten worse… that’s the crazy part

I don't know a whole lot about software etc, but this whole thing seems pretty crazy they haven't figured it out after all this time. Why couldn't they just go back to what was working and adjust from there?
 
I think because the rho and new Trx use a different wiring and bcm architecture…
That they don’t have anyone who can adapt the software to the old system,

Ignore the owners long enough and the trucks will just go away.

Some of these press sucking dick to get to the srt releases need to ask the question about screwing the current truck owners and will the new trucks/owners suffer the same issues.

But then the influencer press won’t be invited back.
 
I don't know a whole lot about software etc, but this whole thing seems pretty crazy they haven't figured it out after all this time. Why couldn't they just go back to what was working and adjust from there?
Because they care a shit about us and resolve anything. They will patch once each 6 months and move on. New TRXs are a mystery. I’m curious to see that screen in action. Do you know when RAM will fix all their issues? When they got sued.

They invented they can’t go back because a lot of BS. Software is something simple to rollback, it is just code, instructions. And the stupid that did the release never tested what they did just for the damn RHO. They mixed up all together and boom. One day you have a damn V8 Supercharger, and next day a gay v6 truck. 😂😂 do you know it took almost 6 months to them just to replace the TRX engine graphic?
 
Last edited:
We understand your feelings on this, @RaptorTillNow and @undeadchaos86. If you would like to discuss this further, then we encourage you to send individual private messages our way.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Really? That's your solution send private messages your way? How about you fix the freekin software it's been over a year!

But you won't, you just want people to send you private messages so you can say you're doing something.

It's us TRX owners who have revived the V8 Ram brand, but you ignore us and the trucks we paid good money for. This is your screw up, Rams screw up, but you work for Ram so it is what it is.

Why don't you push this up the chain to Tim the CEO, and show him this thread, but you won't, because you really don't care...sad.🇺🇲
l
 
Last edited:
Really? That's your solution send private messages your way? How about you fix the freekin software it's been over a year!

But you won't, you just want people to send you private messages so you can say you're doing something.

It's us TRX owners who have revived the V8 Ram brand, but you ignore us and the trucks we paid good money for. This is your screw up, Rams screw up, but you work for Ram so it is what it is.

Why don't you push this up the chain to Tim the CEO, and show him this thread, but you won't, because you really don't care...sad.🇺🇲
l
I think we should start making noise at the social medias instead of only posting and sending PM here. Let’s upload in video every glitch, every issue, every damn think wrong about the truck, every ignored question or complain, let’s show the wickedness of those parts. I think we can do that and this might catch more attention than a thread. One of the admins in this forum has a YT channel about TRX, he has done this for years, it is time to upload every video to YouTube and let the world see how RAM cares about their customers!
 
We understand your feelings on this, @RaptorTillNow and @undeadchaos86. If you would like to discuss this further, then we encourage you to send individual private messages our way.

Hannah
Ram Cares
I have sent multiple private messages. You all state my issue is bluetooth compatibility with current ios version conflicts. Which is false. You offer no solution you offer no compensation for not having a radio or electronics working properly for over a year. While I’m in warranty. Why when I got a rental vehicle which was a jeep or another RAM truck that uses Uconnect had no issues? Why is my page skipping around or going blank? Why is my heads up display disappearing? Why is the navigation on the dash going blank? Why on the same part of the same roads does my CarPlay drop it can be duplicated over and over, and can’t be avoided. Why when the phone is hardlined, the CarPlay works and doesn’t disconnect ? Bluetooth? The dealer says they can’t do anything about it. They see the issues and state it’s a RAM issue. RAM blames it on Bluetooth and won’t look into it. The case manager works from home with screaming kids collecting a paycheck, not fixing anything. All because the engineers say so though! Makes so much sense, foolish peasant me. I only have like four dozen videos and pictures of all these issues that I’ve sent to the dealer. My offer stands from the private message. I will only trust RAM if they acknowledge they messed up, apologize and give me beyond a great deal on a new one with a guarantee of no issues.
 
Last edited:
I have sent multiple private messages. You all state my issue is bluetooth compatibility with current ios version conflicts. Which is false. You offer no solution you offer no compensation for not having a radio or electronics working properly for over a year. While I’m in warranty. Why when I got a rental vehicle which was a jeep or another RAM truck that uses Uconnect had no issues? Why is my page skipping around or going blank? Why is my heads up display disappearing? Why is the navigation on the dash going blank? Why on the same part of the same roads does my CarPlay drop it can be duplicated over and over, and can’t be avoided. Why when the phone is hardlined, the CarPlay works and doesn’t disconnect ? Bluetooth? The dealer says they can’t do anything about it. They see the issues and state it’s a RAM issue. RAM blames it on Bluetooth and won’t look into it. The case manager works from home with screaming kids collecting a paycheck, not fixing anything. All because the engineers say so though! Makes so much sense, foolish peasant me. I only have like four dozen videos and pictures of all these issues that I’ve sent to the dealer. My offer stands from the private message. I will only trust RAM if they acknowledge they messed up, apologize and give me beyond a great deal on a new one with a guarantee of no issues.
Agree! If you have instagram or YouTube, should be good to upload all of them or someone create a YouTube and social media dedicated to report every known issue, every weakness, so other people can see how shamelessly RAM fails to their customers.

I am going to create one YouTube channel to post everything I can find on my truck and system, and going to create a shared repository (OneDrive, Google Drive) so if you want to send your videos, I will post them and tag RAM, Tim, Stellantis and everyone I can. Not only related with uConnect, also failures with driveshaft, CV axles, radiator, water intrusion, sensor calibration, etc. all those well known issues that should be addressed by RAM long time ago. We need to make noise. Because you know what is going to happen? They will just stay radio silent and force us to buy the new TRX will modified pulleys and uglies headlights/taillights. Why someone should think that the new TRX have no issues with the uConnect like old ones? If that is the case, this is the biggest disrespect to the customers I have ever heard.
 
Last edited:
I have sent multiple private messages. You all state my issue is bluetooth compatibility with current ios version conflicts. Which is false. You offer no solution you offer no compensation for not having a radio or electronics working properly for over a year. While I’m in warranty. Why when I got a rental vehicle which was a jeep or another RAM truck that uses Uconnect had no issues? Why is my page skipping around or going blank? Why is my heads up display disappearing? Why is the navigation on the dash going blank? Why on the same part of the same roads does my CarPlay drop it can be duplicated over and over, and can’t be avoided. Why when the phone is hardlined, the CarPlay works and doesn’t disconnect ? Bluetooth? The dealer says they can’t do anything about it. They see the issues and state it’s a RAM issue. RAM blames it on Bluetooth and won’t look into it. The case manager works from home with screaming kids collecting a paycheck, not fixing anything. All because the engineers say so though! Makes so much sense, foolish peasant me. I only have like four dozen videos and pictures of all these issues that I’ve sent to the dealer. My offer stands from the private message. I will only trust RAM if they acknowledge they messed up, apologize and give me beyond a great deal on a new one with a guarantee of no issues.
Well, that pisses me off more than it should. Ram has regressed from acknowledging a widespread problem that likely affects every 22MY+ TRX to blaming individual owners.
 
Well, that pisses me off more than it should. Ram has regressed from acknowledging a widespread problem that likely affects every 22MY+ TRX to blaming individual owners.
They do what the lawyers tell them to do. "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations."
 
For those with extended warranty, do you think this would be covered under the Lemmon law?
 
For those with extended warranty, do you think this would be covered under the Lemmon law?
Lemon law (Magnuson Moss Act) only covers factory warranty cars. “Extended warranty” is a misnomer. They are actually categorized as prepaid service plans.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top