Uconnect update I actually like… so far

I guess we should just shut this topic down. They are obviously never going to fix it.
 
I guess we should just shut this topic down. They are obviously never going to fix it.
Nooo, we should keep posting and posting here all the issues. Potential future owners should know what are the issues and if any solution was done.
 
Are there any members that have a high level of coding? Surely there’s a way to “hack” the system and fix these issues. Hell, I’d be willing to pay for their time to investigate/try. Just a thought.
 
Are there any members that have a high level of coding? Surely there’s a way to “hack” the system and fix these issues. Hell, I’d be willing to pay for their time to investigate/try. Just a thought.
I’m a software developer by not at that level. You will need to have access to their repository, download the code, check all the instructions and fix it up. Then compile and release a new firmware version, I guess they have to setup a release update environment or something to send that out by air. Here is the funny thing: they might be able to get the latest firmware version that really worked, put that in a file and upload in their website, so we can download it to an usb drive and connect it to the truck, go at setting -> updates and this should be able to detect it and rewrite the current version. THEY SAY THEY CANT DO THAT. I bet that’s no true… Do they want to?

This is how my 2020 Shelby GT350 infotainment system gets updated. So, RAM/uConnect won’t allow you to do that?? Why?? Control?
 
I’m a software developer by not at that level. You will need to have access to their repository, download the code, check all the instructions and fix it up. Then compile and release a new firmware version, I guess they have to setup a release update environment or something to send that out by air. Here is the funny thing: they might be able to get the latest firmware version that really worked, put that in a file and upload in their website, so we can download it to an usb drive and connect it to the truck, go at setting -> updates and this should be able to detect it and rewrite the current version. THEY SAY THEY CANT DO THAT. I bet that’s no true… Do they want to?

This is how my 2020 Shelby GT350 infotainment system gets updated. So, RAM/uConnect won’t allow you to do that?? Why?? Control?
Yes that’s how every Android architecture works. There is always a back door. It’s one of the reasons devs like it so much. The story of “we can’t go back” is horseshit.

I bet the IP for the previous working version wasn’t owned by Stellantis… I bet someone in Legal fucked up, they didn’t realize it until they canned the previous dev contractor. I bet they “can’t go back” because they have nothing in their possession to go back to. It’s the only thing I can think of that explains what’s happening.
 
Yes that’s how every Android architecture works. There is always a back door. It’s one of the reasons devs like it so much. The story of “we can’t go back” is horseshit.

I bet the IP for the previous working version wasn’t owned by Stellantis… I bet someone in Legal fucked up, they didn’t realize it until they canned the previous dev contractor. I bet they “can’t go back” because they have nothing in their possession to go back to. It’s the only thing I can think of that explains what’s happening.
This is the closest story to the truth.
That’s why we are fucked because they won’t do a shit to fix anything. And they think we will accept that, or we will sell the truck.
 
Stellantis not only changes our TRX engine graphic, now the mySFS graphic. I didn’t know I have a Rubicon 😂😂😂

IMG_9320.webp
 
@RamCares - do you have any updates on the software updates for the TRX? My 2022 TRX still hasn't received any updates (I still have the RHO graphic, still missing several gauges on the performance page, etc.). I was under the impression that updates were going out to all vehicles. Was it paused?
 
So with new 2027s rolling off the line for customers, leads me to assume that there is a fix for the Uconnect that exists for the TRX… right?

All the new YouTube videos showing the new trucks seem to be skipping over the Uconnect interface. I’m curious if they were told not to display it.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top