TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can certainly understand how an experience like this can be frustrating. If anyone is facing concerns, our team be more than happy to document, as well as look into them further. Please reach out to us via private message individually with the 17-character VIN, and details of the concerns for us to review. Thank you and we hope to connect with each of you.

Chris,
Ram Cares
Hi @RamCares,

Mine is a very well documented case. I have gone through 4 driver side axles, like others here, on my 22 TRX. The last time they said it was because of my "1.5 level kit" which is a perch collar and does not change the total wheel articulation. So that is just BS, but okay. My latest one installed about 2 months ago has developed the same "crinkle" on the drive side boot that will eventually lead to a tear. Very disappointing that this is well known and not fixed by RAM.

At this point I am not sure what to do.
 
Hi @RamCares,

Mine is a very well documented case. I have gone through 4 driver side axles, like others here, on my 22 TRX. The last time they said it was because of my "1.5 level kit" which is a perch collar and does not change the total wheel articulation. So that is just BS, but okay. My latest one installed about 2 months ago has developed the same "crinkle" on the drive side boot that will eventually lead to a tear. Very disappointing that this is well known and not fixed by RAM.

At this point I am not sure what to do.
Let's see pics of the crinkle you're referencing!
 
Let's see pics of the crinkle you're referencing!
Sure thing... the image with the small crinkle is what it starts off as... then it turns into the second image... then it just tears and grease everywhere... ridiculous.

The small crinkle is what I have right now.

The larger crinkle was on my previous one that completely tore after about 1000 miles after that image.

Known issue due to crappy material. Nothing to do with a 1.5 perch collar level kit.
 

Attachments

  • Boot 1.webp
    Boot 1.webp
    221.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Boot 2.webp
    Boot 2.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 55
Sure thing... the image with the small crinkle is what it starts off as... then it turns into the second image... then it just tears and grease everywhere... ridiculous.

The small crinkle is what I have right now.

The larger crinkle was on my previous one that completely tore after about 1000 miles after that image.

Known issue due to crappy material. Nothing to do with a 1.5 perch collar level kit.
I've had the small crinkle and it's gone away. I also had the large crinkle and it lasted like 10 minutes and then destruction haha. the large crinkle was 100% a defective axle. Only lasted about 150-200 miles of street driving and 7 minutes of light offroading before it imploded
 
I've had the small crinkle and it's gone away. I also had the large crinkle and it lasted like 10 minutes and then destruction haha. the large crinkle was 100% a defective axle. Only lasted about 150-200 miles of street driving and 7 minutes of light offroading before it imploded
Yea, on the large crinkle axle it started off as the small one... then it got worse.... then like you said imploded... the very strange part is that it only happens on the drive side boot.... the passenger one is the original one... yet... both axles are the same part number... so I'm confused.
 
Would 37s without the lift cause these issues as well? Or is it the lift that makes things worse?
 
Yea, on the large crinkle axle it started off as the small one... then it got worse.... then like you said imploded... the very strange part is that it only happens on the drive side boot.... the passenger one is the original one... yet... both axles are the same part number... so I'm confused.
Hah! mine was the driver's side too that imploded.
 
Would 37s without the lift cause these issues as well? Or is it the lift that makes things worse?
It's a roll of the dice TBH. We ran 37s for about 15k miles with no issues. About 7k with no lift and 8k with a 1.6/1.5 level lift.

Then we swapped to the 38s and the 2.7/2.6 lift and both CV boots went within 1000 miles. I suspect they were already weak/brittle from the 37s and the overall mileage (30k) though.
 
It's a roll of the dice TBH. We ran 37s for about 15k miles with no issues. About 7k with no lift and 8k with a 1.6/1.5 level lift.

Then we swapped to the 38s and the 2.7/2.6 lift and both CV boots went within 1000 miles. I suspect they were already weak/brittle from the 37s and the overall mileage (30k) though.
I can see the lifts changing the angles on those boots but 37s with no lift would keep the angles the same right? I just don’t see how 37s alone would start to prematurely grenade boots. I’m thinking of just throwing on 37s on stock rims to keep the offset the same as well
 
I can see the lifts changing the angles on those boots but 37s with no lift would keep the angles the same right? I just don’t see how 37s alone would start to prematurely grenade boots. I’m thinking of just throwing on 37s on stock rims to keep the offset the same as well
I would 100% do it!
 
I've been told the CV angles dont change with tire size. I'm not an expert on that so I wouldn't say with certainty 1 way or the other.
37” tires alone would not change any suspension angle. It would only raise the overall truck by 1” from stock.

The real issue is… if the truck was designed for 13” of travel in the front and can’t handle a 1.5” perch collar kit that does not change the overall 13” of travel that is pretty bad.

I can understand if you used a spacer on the top of the shock. That would increase the travel beyond the designed 13” putting stress beyond the design. I get that.

A 1.5” perch collar should be well within the design capability of a 13” of travel design.

It’s just a bad quality boot design. Poor material that needs more silicone in the material.

Just my $0.02.
 
Hi @RamCares,

Mine is a very well documented case. I have gone through 4 driver side axles, like others here, on my 22 TRX. The last time they said it was because of my "1.5 level kit" which is a perch collar and does not change the total wheel articulation. So that is just BS, but okay. My latest one installed about 2 months ago has developed the same "crinkle" on the drive side boot that will eventually lead to a tear. Very disappointing that this is well known and not fixed by RAM.

At this point I am not sure what to do.
Please reach out to us! We'd certainly like to see where we can assist in rectifying the concern you're facing.

Chris,
Ram Cares
 
So whats the verdict here? Are we gonna be able to get these for $2,999? Or do we have to buy them from rogue for $3800?
 
So whats the verdict here? Are we gonna be able to get these for $2,999? Or do we have to buy them from rogue for $3800?
I believe rogue has exclusivity now since we couldnt get enough people on board...sooo $3800 seems to be the only option other than a diff drop kit (which we just opted for).
 
Ok well damn… i just had my drivers side take a shit on me at 60,100 miles. Kudos to the engineers to design mine to last exactly to the point of warranty o_O
 
Ok well damn… i just had my drivers side take a shit on me at 60,100 miles. Kudos to the engineers to design mine to last exactly to the point of warranty o_O
Yea, they're pretty dam good. I just ran my 36k out and my side mirror broke + my headliner is splitting + my AC compressor went out + my diff seal. Luckily the latter 2 are covered under powertrain or my extended
 
Yea, they're pretty dam good. I just ran my 36k out and my side mirror broke + my headliner is splitting + my AC compressor went out + my diff seal. Luckily the latter 2 are covered under powertrain or my extended
I'm only at 21k miles but almost at 3 years. Getting a little nervous.

I know this is frowned upon, but I will likely switching to the dark side in the next year. The TRX is by far the best truck I've ever had but the lack of aftermarket support, quality concerns long term with hard offroading, and OEM parts availability in baja are pushing me that way. #RaptorR
 
I'm only at 21k miles but almost at 3 years. Getting a little nervous.

I know this is frowned upon, but I will likely switching to the dark side in the next year. The TRX is by far the best truck I've ever had but the lack of aftermarket support, quality concerns long term with hard offroading, and OEM parts availability in baja are pushing me that way. #RaptorR
You'll be back ;)
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top