TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
Is anyone having issues with the CV's just running the stock springs? It seems everyone that is having issues has altered the ride height but maybe I'm missing something.
 
Is anyone having issues with the CV's just running the stock springs? It seems everyone that is having issues has altered the ride height but maybe I'm missing something.
No, lots of people including myself have had issues with the CV's on stock springs and tire set up. When mine went it took out the front diff too, thank God it was all covered under warranty!
 
Please reach out to us! We'd certainly like to see where we can assist in rectifying the concern you're facing.

Chris,
Ram Cares
Hi Chris,

Yea, I mean, I ordered a set of $3800 CV's that folks on this forum are referring to. You can see that owners with stock trucks have the same issue and in one case even took out a diff. This is exactly what happened to mine the first time around when it was stock height. The diff went as well and you can see it in the warranty records. Both the axle and diff were replaced.

I have worked with Mike McDonald and he is great. At this point I can't have the axle failing again and taking out another diff so I bit the bullet and ordered the new axles/CV's from Rogue off road. That's just the parts let alone the labor.

I know RAM likes to say it is a 1.5" level kit. But again, I have a perch collar that maintains the original 13" of travel. It is not a block on top that changes the extension angle. So the suspension angles at full extension are the same as factory. Again, 1.5" level kit on a truck with 13" of travel should be ok if well designed.

Let me know how you can help. I can send you a copy of the receipt for the CV's I ordered on 8/19/24. They are same as the link below.


Thanks!
 
Hi Chris,

Yea, I mean, I ordered a set of $3800 CV's that folks on this forum are referring to. You can see that owners with stock trucks have the same issue and in one case even took out a diff. This is exactly what happened to mine the first time around when it was stock height. The diff went as well and you can see it in the warranty records. Both the axle and diff were replaced.

I have worked with Mike McDonald and he is great. At this point I can't have the axle failing again and taking out another diff so I bit the bullet and ordered the new axles/CV's from Rogue off road. That's just the parts let alone the labor.

I know RAM likes to say it is a 1.5" level kit. But again, I have a perch collar that maintains the original 13" of travel. It is not a block on top that changes the extension angle. So the suspension angles at full extension are the same as factory. Again, 1.5" level kit on a truck with 13" of travel should be ok if well designed.

Let me know how you can help. I can send you a copy of the receipt for the CV's I ordered on 8/19/24. They are same as the link below.


Thanks!
When are you actually getting your New CVs though??
 
Quick question.

About to make warranty claim for new CVs and I have a lift from eibach springs.

Has anyone been denied in the past?

I read anything 3 inches and lower is covered.

Thanks
 
Keep us posted!
They are in! Getting the install done 10/24. Let’s hope they work out. My stock driver side is shot again. I don’t understand how it’s possible. I have the same factory 35” tire diameter with a 1.5” level. As basic as it gets. Hopefully these RCV’s do the trick.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7883.webp
    IMG_7883.webp
    190.5 KB · Views: 67
They are in! Getting the install done 10/24. Let’s hope they work out. My stock driver side is shot again. I don’t understand how it’s possible. I have the same factory 35” tire diameter with a 1.5” level. As basic as it gets. Hopefully these RCV’s do the trick.

I get mine Friday and also have a shot drivers side 😂! Eibach pro lift and on 37s. I hope they do the trick as well.
 
any visual difference from the stockers??
Definitely different materials, the main shaft is different (no neck down), the splines are different. Everything looks better quality as you would expect from RCV but none of that is the issue w/ the stocks. The issue is the boots tearing. The boots are definitely different on the RCVs. The stocks are more of a hard plastic type material rather than rubber. The RCVs are way more compliant so hopefully can take flex angles better without permanently deforming like the stocks. Will keep everyone posted after the install.
 
Definitely different materials, the main shaft is different (no neck down), the splines are different. Everything looks better quality as you would expect from RCV but none of that is the issue w/ the stocks. The issue is the boots tearing. The boots are definitely different on the RCVs. The stocks are more of a hard plastic type material rather than rubber. The RCVs are way more compliant so hopefully can take flex angles better without permanently deforming like the stocks. Will keep everyone posted after the install.
Great info man keep us posted! Safe to assume you offroad ur Rex some? Tell us how many axles you've been through in how many miles and with what suspension setup so we have a baseline to go off of!
 
Great info man keep us posted! Safe to assume you offroad ur Rex some? Tell us how many axles you've been through in how many miles and with what suspension setup so we have a baseline to go off of!
Will do... truck is pretty basic. I have Vossen wheels but the tire is still a 35", same as stock. I have a 1.5" level kit, nothing crazy. I have 17,000 miles on the truck and I got it December 2021 so I don't even drive that much and have gone through 4 driver side CV axle replacements. The first one took out the diff as well. So at this point, I'm giving these $3,800 RCV's a shot. If they work then great. If not, I'm selling the truck. I don't even take it off road too much. I do one desert run a year for like 150 miles of uneven sand/dirt, etc. but it is hard packed and more or less any 4WD/AWD vehicle can make it. Just sad that the stocks can't handle a pretty basic setup where I have had other trucks at 1/4 of the cost that can handle more and very reliably.
 
Will do... truck is pretty basic. I have Vossen wheels but the tire is still a 35", same as stock. I have a 1.5" level kit, nothing crazy. I have 17,000 miles on the truck and I got it December 2021 so I don't even drive that much and have gone through 4 driver side CV axle replacements. The first one took out the diff as well. So at this point, I'm giving these $3,800 RCV's a shot. If they work then great. If not, I'm selling the truck. I don't even take it off road too much. I do one desert run a year for like 150 miles of uneven sand/dirt, etc. but it is hard packed and more or less any 4WD/AWD vehicle can make it. Just sad that the stocks can't handle a pretty basic setup where I have had other trucks at 1/4 of the cost that can handle more and very reliably.
1.5" level lift meaning Eibach level springs, a spacer lift or something else?

All 4 CV replacements were on the driver front? Which part of the diff took a dump? Man you've had bad luck! Hopefully ur good to go now!
 
1.5" level lift meaning Eibach level springs, a spacer lift or something else?

All 4 CV replacements were on the driver front? Which part of the diff took a dump? Man you've had bad luck! Hopefully ur good to go now!
1.5" perch collar... not a spacer on top. The spacer on top will increase the overall extension of the suspension when at full travel exerting more force than designed for. A perch collar puts a preload on the spring but maintains the original overall travel. I was specific to not add a spacer as I didn't want to change the overall angles at full travel.

All 4 on the driver side.

Basically the driver side axle pulled from the diff. Something happened inside the diff and it had to be replaced.

Thanks man and hopefully this does the trick. I'm really hoping it does or else I'm selling it.... The truck is a beauty and awesome (put some pics below) but can't keep going through CV's. One would say just take the level kit off but I don't like how it looks like that. :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1486.webp
    IMG_1486.webp
    373 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5279 (1).webp
    IMG_5279 (1).webp
    257.3 KB · Views: 42
Quick question.

About to make warranty claim for new CVs and I have a lift from eibach springs.

Has anyone been denied in the past?

I read anything 3 inches and lower is covered.

Thanks
Me…. My last one was denied. I have a 1.5” level with a perch collar. Maintains the same overall wheel travel and angles. Same 35” wheel diameter. They told me STAR asked the dealer to measure the angles. Supposedly they said it would not be covered. Was about $1300 out of pocket.

All bullsh*% because RAM knows the stock CVs suck from the factory.
 
2024 w 5,800 miles. 37”s on vossens, Eibach pro 1.6”.

Right driver’s shit show grease grenade below.

Sadly, driven on nothing more than well maintained dirt roads and daily around town commute. Babied this truck and the freaking CV front axle breaks…WTF!

Looks like I’ll move to East Coast Drivetrain (797) or RCV (Rogue) next on the fronts. Any other recommendations?

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4356.jpeg


Beginning to wonder about Rapter R again! Seems they might br better engineered suspensions.
 
Last edited:
Just confirmed registration and attendance at SEMA this year (Tues. Nov 5th -> 8th)... any booths/related vendors I could visit that may help this CV issue?
 
Just confirmed registration and attendance at SEMA this year (Tues. Nov 5th -> 8th)... any booths/related vendors I could visit that may help this CV issue?
Yes please, RCV vs. East Coast Drive Line seem to be the only non Mopar options. At $3,800 RCV is 3 times the cost of factory. Totally worth it if they don’t break and work with a lift and more extreme angles.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top