🔥 Black Friday / Cyber Week Starts NOW at K&N Speed Factory! 🔥

RAVELCO THREAD

esm

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Got my Ravelco installed. Stephen Byrnes is the Austin/San Antonio installer. He's been installing for 8+ years. Here is the site for the Austin area.

I watched him for about an hour of the install - he is very meticulous! Everything twisted, soldered, etc. and wrapped with heat shrink and taped back up professionally. He even saved the factory tape and reused it - everything looked factory and put back in the same place as it was. It would be very difficult to undo his work...unless you are him. :D

He worked a solid 2.5 hours and you cannot tell anything was done (save for the plug). He told me he has been booked solidly for quite some time. He gave me a couple of nice detachable key chains as well. I recommend those in the Austin/San Antonio are give him a shout - it may take a bit for a response, but he'll get back to you! @esm he mentioned it has been tough lately to keep up. Try him again.

I also got a DS4 Viper system installed. Works with the factory fob, gives a chirp when armed, disarmed - has a nice blue LED that pulses with the system is armed. When it goes off (shock or tilt) it is quite loud. Plug and play, no cutting. Lifetime warranty.

Last, I placed a Optimus 3.0 on the truck. Slick unit - very solid. The app works well too. Battery is said to last a month. USB charges. I put it in the corner of the bed for now just to see how it worked. Nice!

Let me know if you have any questions!
Glad it worked out for you! I got impatient and went to Houston and back in a day last week for the install.

Suprj1619

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Rebel
I have my Ravelco install scheduled for 2/28 and was curious about something. I believe they will need to disconnect the battery for that. When the battery is disconnected, do you lose all of yor settings for everything? Meaning all the personal settings you have set in Uconnect, do you have to go back and redo everything? Any input would be appreciated!
I had a little issues with apple car play not connecting but the next day everything was fine.

Johnkn

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
I'll share this only to potentially help someone. I had my Ravelco installed a month ago and could not be happier with my initial installation experience. It was initially installed in the vertical position where it was virtually hidden and could only be seen if your head was at or below the bottom of the dash. Doing so, installing the plug was purely a 'by feel' proposition. I struggled with that location for a few weeks, perhaps due to my age, or broken fingers over the course of my life, or just trying to reach up and install completely by feel, IDK. Another concern for me was potentially installing the plug in an emergency situation where I needed to get in and immediately go, where adrenalin it high and fine motor skills are diminished. I had the Ravelco relocated to the traditional under-dash location. For those worried about the look, to me after a month of ownership it absolutely is a non-issue, it's small and it can't be seen when in the truck driving and simply does not matter. I find it so much easier to access in that location now. I would suggest there is no right or wrong mounting location, just what works best in the long run for the person operating. HTH Good luck....

Ducc

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I'll share this only to potentially help someone. I had my Ravelco installed a month ago and could not be happier with my initial installation experience. It was initially installed in the vertical position where it was virtually hidden and could only be seen if your head was at or below the bottom of the dash. Doing so, installing the plug was purely a 'by feel' proposition. I struggled with that location for a few weeks, perhaps due to my age, or broken fingers over the course of my life, or just trying to reach up and install completely by feel, IDK. Another concern for me was potentially installing the plug in an emergency situation where I needed to get in and immediately go, where adrenalin it high and fine motor skills are diminished. I had the Ravelco relocated to the traditional under-dash location. For those worried about the look, to me after a month of ownership it absolutely is a non-issue, it's small and it can't be seen when in the truck driving and simply does not matter. I find it so much easier to access in that location now. I would suggest there is no right or wrong mounting location, just what works best in the long run for the person operating. HTH Good luck....

Good to know! Would you mind sharing a pic of the new location?

Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
I have been reading all of the posts and comments on the Revelco. I have already been in touch with the installer who services my area...will be about a 2.5 hr drive for him. He said to just give him a heads up and he will meet me when I am on my way back from picking my TRX up from Koons and install that day....whenever that may actually be...order officially got placed yesterday morning. I still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to work that yet since its over a 16 hour drive for me one way. Thinking I may pick it up before closing and then just drive through the night...less traffic is always better.
But back to my point.......
I use my auto start a lot! Especially in winter. But I do still want the revelco for less than ideal areas....some places I travel to for work aren't the best. I have seen quite a few mention putting in a shock sensor (would defiantly do that!) or Viper. Have heard some ramblings about Igla, but will have to research some more.
What would be your ideal pairing if you potentially were not going to use the Revelco at all times? I know it may be a stupid thing to do, but my southern backside does not like snow and ice!🥶
I just want to be prepared as best as I can....and there are so many options. I can say that I haven't actually installed any type of theft deterrent on any of my previous vehicles, so my personal knowledge with them is basically nonexistent.

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Destroyer Grey Hellcat Red Eye, 2021 Granite TRX, 2021 Durango Hellcat (wife's), 2016 Lingenfelter (700 HP) Chevy SS
I have been reading all of the posts and comments on the Revelco. I have already been in touch with the installer who services my area...will be about a 2.5 hr drive for him. He said to just give him a heads up and he will meet me when I am on my way back from picking my TRX up from Koons and install that day....whenever that may actually be...order officially got placed yesterday morning. I still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to work that yet since its over a 16 hour drive for me one way. Thinking I may pick it up before closing and then just drive through the night...less traffic is always better.
But back to my point.......
I use my auto start a lot! Especially in winter. But I do still want the revelco for less than ideal areas....some places I travel to for work aren't the best. I have seen quite a few mention putting in a shock sensor (would defiantly do that!) or Viper. Have heard some ramblings about Igla, but will have to research some more.
What would be your ideal pairing if you potentially were not going to use the Revelco at all times? I know it may be a stupid thing to do, but my southern backside does not like snow and ice!🥶
I just want to be prepared as best as I can....and there are so many options. I can say that I haven't actually installed any type of theft deterrent on any of my previous vehicles, so my personal knowledge with them is basically nonexistent.
somewhere on the forum i saw the layered security set up of ravel, shock-tilt sensor with glass break and gps tracker - i've got the ravelco and plan to add the other two - just leave the cap plugged in if you must have remote start on some days

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Destroyer Grey Hellcat Red Eye, 2021 Granite TRX, 2021 Durango Hellcat (wife's), 2016 Lingenfelter (700 HP) Chevy SS
raavelco (auto correct), shock-tilt sensor ...

ChemLab

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
somewhere on the forum i saw the layered security set up of ravel, shock-tilt sensor with glass break and gps tracker - i've got the ravelco and plan to add the other two - just leave the cap plugged in if you must have remote start on some days
Post 540. Yep.

Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Thank you!!

Pumphry Bigelow

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX (Granite)
Current Ride #2
2019 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid
Military
Navy Veteran
Just had my Ravelco install today with Chuck and Megan. They did a fantastic job, and I am very happy with the work they performed. All systems work as they should and no issues what so ever. I can now feel a little more at ease when I park the beast!

Ducc

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I joined the ugly plug crew today as well! 👍

Rich just finished up my installation. I wanted to go the fully hidden route, but based on @Johnkn relocation and the installer's suggestion I went traditional (like post 299).

He did bring to my attention that if I forget to put in the plug and go to start the truck, I need to ensure I turn it off before inserting the plug. If you go straight from brain fart to plugging it in, apparently it can throw some codes and shit. I asked him if battery disconnect would suffice (in case it does happen) and he said yes or to go to the dealer to have them clear the codes (not something I want to do)

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black

Rich just finished up my installation. I wanted to go the fully hidden route, but based on @Johnkn relocation and the installer's suggestion I went traditional (like post 299).

He did bring to my attention that if I forget to put in the plug and go to start the truck, I need to ensure I turn it off before inserting the plug. If you go straight from brain fart to plugging it in, apparently it can throw some codes and shit. I asked him if battery disconnect would suffice (in case it does happen) and he said yes or to go to the dealer to have them clear the codes (not something I want to do)
I've hit the start button a couple of times with the plug out. Then fished in my pocket and inserted the plug without turning the truck off, and it didn't throw any codes (your mileage may vary). But fair warning - the truck starts as soon as the plug makes contact.
I did try turning the truck off once when I realized the plug was out. But nothing happened - the truck was stuck in "run" until I inserted the plug. It was rather confusing, but I didn't stop to try it again. I just inserted the plug and moved on.

Ducc

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I've hit the start button a couple of times with the plug out. Then fished in my pocket and inserted the plug without turning the truck off, and it didn't throw any codes (your mileage may vary). But fair warning - the truck starts as soon as the plug makes contact.
I did try turning the truck off once when I realized the plug was out. But nothing happened - the truck was stuck in "run" until I inserted the plug. It was rather confusing, but I didn't stop to try it again. I just inserted the plug and moved on.
Good to know Eighty, thanks!

dswalterwi

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Current Ride #2
1986 Scirocco 2L 16V & 2016 Jeep Patriot
Military
brat
What if we just chained it to a pole through the tow hooks in parking lots.

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride

haven't had this in the TRX/Redeye/DHC yet but the Chevy SS did throw a "theft deterrent system code" and refuse to start after i did this - had to reset with a convoluted open door/lock-unlock reset procedure - car starts now but check engine light on so will have to clear that - even so did it again but remembered to make sure start button back to off before starting with plug in and it worked fine (even though check engine light still on from first time).

Jester

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
I got mine installed this past Wednesday and I feel 100 times better. Yes I lost remote start, but I have a truck to start that I can park at a store and feel much better. They used a grey plug on mine, not white. No issues

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping