RAVELCO THREAD

BlueTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
Being it seems TRXs can be started by a 5yo with a paperclip and multiple trucks are being stolen, please leave your review of the RAVELCO anti theft system.
I think some here have gotten it installed, care to share details?
Im sure many like me are avoiding driving their trucks to some places and trucks are being stolen mid day at big store parking lots.

grim

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Triumph Street Triple RS
I’ve scheduled my install and will reply back with feedback soon.

TedRex

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 2500 Diesel
Current Ride #2
Hydro Blue TRX
Cool device. Too bad they don't have installers in MI, OH or IN. I refuse to drive to Chicago to get one there.

BobbyVA

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Audi S6
Will our remote start work with this? I'm thinking not but wanted to check

TerrysTRX

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
No dealer in Iowa either. I just got an email from them saying I could purchase directly from them and have a mechanic of my choice install it in approximately 1-2 hours ($100-200). Still thinking, I hate to lose my remote start.

OP
OP
BlueTRX

BlueTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I’ve scheduled my install and will reply back with feedback soon.
Thank you. At this point this is a necessity.
Ravelco has extremely good reviews but I rather hear from TRX owners.

OP
OP
BlueTRX

BlueTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
No dealer in Iowa either. I just got an email from them saying I could purchase directly from them and have a mechanic of my choice install it in approximately 1-2 hours ($100-200). Still thinking, I hate to lose my remote start.
Not bad though. At least an option for those who live in states without representation.

ChemLab

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
This along with Addshocksensor.com kit would be quite effective and only be around $900 installed. I like the idea of a shock sensor along with the Ravelco. If they do indeed work together. I've asked.

I do wish the remote start worked without the plug inserted, but that isn't that big of a deal. Mine will fit in a garage, so that would really only come into play when out and about when it's really hot. That said, it's all about mitigation. If you've parked in a very secure and filmed area then I would be ok leaving the plug in. Just depends.

Phillytrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
No dealers here in NY. I wonder if it's against thieves working rights of this state
So you can’t legally carry and you can’t protect your investment?
Why do you punish yourself living in that horrible state?
I think there is an installer NJ if it’s not far for you. Don’t know where in NY you live.

Ronin47

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Cool device. Too bad they don't have installers in MI, OH or IN. I refuse to drive to Chicago to get one there.
You need to stand guard with an ak in hand while they are doing the installation.

TheMuffinOfEvil

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You need to stand guard with an ak in hand while they are doing the installation.
Man you joke, but back in 2017 none of the dealers down here would order me a Colorado ZR2 Diesel the way I wanted it, I found one on the lot in downtown Chicago and bought it and drove up to go get it. The salesman and the finance manager both warned me to be out of the area before dark and not to stop to eat anywhere. They were completely serious and it was an eye opening experience for me being from a medium sized town in the south.

Taurian

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX - Silver, LVL 2, Red Inserts, Carbon, Vossen Rims, Nitto Recon Grapplers.
No dealers here in NY. I wonder if it's against thieves working rights of this state
I'm in Huntington...let me know if you find a good solution.

Ducc

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
I plan on going the Ravelco route too especially knowing you can ditch the hideous plug in an inconspicuous spot

ChemLab

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I've just emailed my local Ravelco installer. I'll report back on a response and the questions I asked ranging from cost, to if it'll work with Addshocksensor.com kit, etc.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com