RAVELCO THREAD

Got it installed earlier this week. One question tho. After trying to start it without the ravelco key plugged in, i'll have an engine light on for the next few days and then it'll go away. The installer said that is normal. Does it happen with y'all too?
Mine didnt do that.

Weird, could it be a thing with the 23’s? 🤔
I don’t mind it but I’d rather it not be there lol.

Weird, could it be a thing with the 23’s? 🤔
I don’t mind it but I’d rather it not be there lol.
This is one of those, "Doctor - it hurts when I do <this>. Doctor says 'well don't do that'", kind of situations

In all seriousness, once you realize that you forgot to install your plug (by the truck not doing anything when you press the start button), take your foot off the brake and press the start button again to shut the ignition off.

By doing this, you kill power to the PCM, so it can not continue trying to initiate the start sequence, time out, and set the code. You have about 5 seconds to do so.

This is one of those, "Doctor - it hurts when I do <this>. Doctor says 'well don't do that'", kind of situations

In all seriousness, once you realize that you forgot to install your plug (by the truck not doing anything when you press the start button), take your foot off the brake and press the start button again to shut the ignition off.

By doing this, you kill power to the PCM, so it can not continue trying to initiate the start sequence, time out, and set the code. You have about 5 seconds to do so.
Gotcha! Thanks

Got it installed earlier this week. One question tho. After trying to start it without the ravelco key plugged in, i'll have an engine light on for the next few days and then it'll go away. The installer said that is normal. Does it happen with y'all too?
it varies by the vehicle - haven't noticed it on TRX, Challenger Redeye or Durango Hellcat but on a Chevy SS (aka Holden Commodore) it takes quite the convoluted chain of steps (opening and closing the door, etc.) to go through before the car will even start.

Mine doesn’t do that. I always follow the procedure @Tom488 described.

I have only tried to start mine two or three times without the plug. I did not get any engine lights afterwards. Maybe it depends on which circuits the installer wired into?

Mine doesn't do that.....

it varies by the vehicle - haven't noticed it on TRX, Challenger Redeye or Durango Hellcat but on a Chevy SS (aka Holden Commodore) it takes quite the convoluted chain of steps (opening and closing the door, etc.) to go through before the car will even start.
that is after pushing start button without plug in

that is after pushing start button without plug in
Depends on which connections used. All of mine were the same installer, none of them do a check engine without plug when attempted to start. I think I saw a fuel pump error one time on my Jeep, but went away after I remembered to put the plug in and recycled it. This is normal as the system is disconnecting whichever circuits are interrupted by the plug.

Your light will go away once the car cycles through all of its checks and etc

Depends on which connections used. All of mine were the same installer, none of them do a check engine without plug when attempted to start. I think I saw a fuel pump error one time on my Jeep, but went away after I remembered to put the plug in and recycled it. This is normal as the system is disconnecting whichever circuits are interrupted by the plug.

Your light will go away once the car cycles through all of its checks and etc
I had Brett do all of mine - my comments only apply to the Chevy SS - if you remember to push stop button back to off before inserting the plug (after pushing start without the plug in) then it is as you say - the check engine light goes off - but if you commit the cardinal sin of plugging in the Ravelco with the engine start button still on run and try to start it you have to go through the convoluted door opening and closing, etc. (a solution that Brett researched and found for me) - not really relevant here unless someone else happens to have a Chevy SS and runs into the same problem.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back