RAVELCO THREAD

I think a less-obtrusive spot would be up on the top of the center stack (in the little cubby where the 12V outlet is). It could be mounted below, with the plug sticking up. That way, you could also rest your keychain there if the plug is attached to your keychain.
many have this installed there
 
What does the sticker for the window look like?
F242B978-710F-4C8B-AC5F-A394D9F08E4E.webp
 
My install is tomorrow and so far Sam (Samantha) has been spot on with communication. For ease of use and theft deterrent/prevention reasons, I really am thinking about mounting that ugly thing right here:

View attachment 32155
It might keep them from tearing shit up more...or it might have the opposite effect and they tear the dash up entirely :unsure:.
The installer will have better info, so we will see mañana.
It’s usually installed in sight at the driver’s window to hopefully convince them to move on before breaking into the vehicle.
 
For those that are interested. Here is the video.


$155 bucks and they say it is a 40 minute install job that you can do yourself. This with the Ravelco seem like a reasonable combination. You already cannot open the door or the horn sounds, so bust a window now, the horn sounds. That should end it, but if not them having to screw with the missing plug will certainly cause them to hit the road.

They also have a module for the tail gate too. I am probably going to have that installed too. I like the way it all works with the factory fob.

Ravelco defeats fob cloning, Shock defeats smash window and push thefts . . .

. . . but, I'd like to have a tilt sensor as well ( that defeats the tow truck and dolly theft - no broken windows )
I plan to go with the Ravelco kill switch and the Compustar Security System with DroneMobile and DAS-II. Drone X1 adds LTE connectivity to your vehicle, giving you access from your smartphone to control, track, check and secure your truck. Drone X1 can be installed as a standalone GPS tracking system OR as an add-on to an existing remote starter/alarm. The Compustar system with DAS-II, according to their website, is a 4-in-1 security sensor that detects two stages of impact/intrusion, tilt, forward motion, and glass breakage. The DroneMobile does have a monthly cost. I am going with Premium for GPS tracking.

DroneMobile Basic Cost: $5.99/month
DroneMobile Premium Cost: $11.99/month.

Compustar Security System
PRO T13 with LTE
Pro 2-Way RFX Bundle w/ LTE Module
Model: RFX-P2WT13-SF.

DroneMobile X1 MAX
DroneMobile X1 MAX Video
LTE + GPS + Backup Battery Add-On for U.S. Customers
Model: X1MAX-LTE

Compustar DAS-II
DAS-II Programming
4-in-1 Security Sensor
Model: FT-DAS-II

Let us know which direction you go. I like the viper system but weighing the options. Had a local dealer quote me $1200 (w/install) for a Compustar T13 Pro Lte system. You have to carry two remotes….
So I was quoted about the same ($1,100) but that price included the Remote Start + Security Alarm system. I told the company that is doing my installation of the Compustart system that I only wanted the alarm system. I told them I was adding an additional security feature (Ravelco) that would not work with a remote start. They quoted another piece for just the alarm system with the DroneMobile and DAS-II option which was $400 installed.
 
Last edited:
There are multiple members here who have lost vehicles. A compounding issue is that normally someone suffering a theft can take their insurance check and go and buy a new replacement vehicle quickly, that’s not exactly the case now. And what does someone do in that ~6 month interim for a vehicle if they don’t have a spare standing by?

I have to ask, it appears that you are dead set against this or other theft devices, why do you continue to post to this thread? Just curious....


,
I like to stay informed on multiple topics even if I wouldn't do it myself. Although I'm never opposed to having my mind changed about something. I don't tell people how to spend there money so if you want piece of mind or if you feel you need extra protection go ahead.
 
I plan to go with the Ravelco kill switch and the Compustar Security System with DroneMobile and DAS-II. The Compustar system with DAS-II, according to their website, is a 4-in-1 security sensor that detects two stages of impact/intrusion, tilt, forward motion, and glass breakage. The DroneMobile does have a monthly cost. I am going with Premium for GPS tracking.

DroneMobile Basic Cost: $5.99/month
DroneMobile Premium Cost: $11.99/month.

Compustar Security System
PRO T13 with LTE
Pro 2-Way RFX Bundle w/ LTE Module
Model: RFX-P2WT13-SF.

DroneMobile X1 MAX
DroneMobile X1 MAX Video
LTE + GPS + Backup Battery Add-On for U.S. Customers
Model: X1MAX-LTE

Compustar DAS-II
DAS-II Programming
4-in-1 Security Sensor
Model: FT-DAS-II


So I was quoted about the same ($1,100) but that price included the Remote Start + Security Alarm system. I told the company that is doing my installation of the Compustart system that I only wanted the alarm system. I told them I was adding an additional security feature (Ravelco) that would not work with a remote start. They quoted another piece for just the alarm system with the DroneMobile and DAS-II option which was $400 installed.
Well, you've definitely taken this very seriously and put some thought and research into this. Thanks for that. I think all of this sounds great and now I'm just wondering how well everything will work together. Keep us posted!
 
The only thing I don't like about other alarm systems is you have to use their remotes. Or carry two.

I'm going Ravelco, shock sensor and hidden GPS.
 
I plan to go with the Ravelco kill switch and the Compustar Security System with DroneMobile and DAS-II. The Compustar system with DAS-II, according to their website, is a 4-in-1 security sensor that detects two stages of impact/intrusion, tilt, forward motion, and glass breakage. The DroneMobile does have a monthly cost. I am going with Premium for GPS tracking.

DroneMobile Basic Cost: $5.99/month
DroneMobile Premium Cost: $11.99/month.

Compustar Security System
PRO T13 with LTE
Pro 2-Way RFX Bundle w/ LTE Module
Model: RFX-P2WT13-SF.

DroneMobile X1 MAX
DroneMobile X1 MAX Video
LTE + GPS + Backup Battery Add-On for U.S. Customers
Model: X1MAX-LTE

Compustar DAS-II
DAS-II Programming
4-in-1 Security Sensor
Model: FT-DAS-II


So I was quoted about the same ($1,100) but that price included the Remote Start + Security Alarm system. I told the company that is doing my installation of the Compustart system that I only wanted the alarm system. I told them I was adding an additional security feature (Ravelco) that would not work with a remote start. They quoted another piece for just the alarm system with the DroneMobile and DAS-II option which was $400 installed.
So, my question for this system, like @ChemLab pointed out, is: do I have to carry the Compustar remote AND my Ram fob, or can I just carry one? I‘m looking into this system in addition to the Ravelco as well, but two fobs may be a dealbreaker for me. Also, I would likely get the remote start to use when my truck is parked at home in the garage. Thanks for any additional input!
 
If you want the rolling code tech you have to use their's. In fact, I was told they have to disable the factory remote for the Viper system. I don't care for that.
 
Southeast Ravelco completed my install this afternoon. Bret was professional, took the time to answer a ton of questions, and left the truck as he found it (clean). I chose to go the discreet route with the device mounted upside down to the left of the hood release. You barely notice the device yet I can easily install the plug before jumping into the truck. Bret also explained the warranty and how to order new plugs. No complaints.
I'm in that same area. How much does Bret charge for his services if you don't mine sharing.
 
Well, you've definitely taken this very seriously and put some thought and research into this. Thanks for that. I think all of this sounds great and now I'm just wondering how well everything will work together. Keep us posted!
My philosophy is you cannot have too much security. Now I just have to wait for my truck to come in so I can put all of these solutions together. I will update the post once I have everything installed and working.

So, my question for this system, like @ChemLab pointed out, is: do I have to carry the Compustar remote AND my Ram fob, or can I just carry one? I‘m looking into this system in addition to the Ravelco as well, but two fobs may be a dealbreaker for me. Also, I would likely get the remote start to use when my truck is parked at home in the garage. Thanks for any additional input!

Yes, you will need both keys fobs. The key fob that your car requires to start (factory), and the Compustar key fob to activate features like the proximity unlock. I agree with you that carrying more than one key fob is a bit much. However, having your truck stolen is much, much worse. ;) There are a couple of ways to solve this problem. One you could leave your factory key fob locked in the glove box assuming you have the Ravelco kill switch. Then you would only carry the Compustar key fob and the Ravelco plug. Another option is to carry the factory key fob and Ravelco plug and then use your cell phone to arm/disarm the Compustar system. Not the most ideal situation, but I always have my phone on me. I am sure there are other solutions, those are just the ones I was thinking of at the moment.
 
So, my question for this system, like @ChemLab pointed out, is: do I have to carry the Compustar remote AND my Ram fob, or can I just carry one? I‘m looking into this system in addition to the Ravelco as well, but two fobs may be a dealbreaker for me. Also, I would likely get the remote start to use when my truck is parked at home in the garage. Thanks for any additional input!
Is it too soon to ask if I can have your TRX after you get carbon monoxide poisoning?
 
$599 plus tax.
I just got a quote from Bret as well - but I'm a little pissed because he quoted me $599.95 plus tax. You got a sweetheart deal there.

Haven't heard back from him yet on an install date.
 
I just got a quote from Bret as well - but I'm a little pissed because he quoted me $599.95 plus tax. You got a sweetheart deal there.

Haven't heard back from him yet on an install date
I just got a quote from Bret as well - but I'm a little pissed because he quoted me $599.95 plus tax. You got a sweetheart deal there.

Haven't heard back from him yet on an install date.
I can spot you 95 cents 😜 In all honesty, I left the .95 off but $599.95 was my cost, excluding tax. OTD was $658.45. Also tipped the guy for good customer service.
 
Ravelco was Installed this morning.
Overall experience was good. Samantha from the Ca/Az regional office was on point with communication.
The installer (Deyaa) was scheduled at 8am and showed up at 7:59 (a little early).

He walked me thru the install and listened to all of my concerns and ideas of the placement of the Frankenstein bolt. He talked me out of putting it below the ignition button, he said there was too much stuff behind the panel in that location.

Another concern he mentioned is he needed the shortest run possible because the Ravelco comes pre-fabbed in a flexible metal conduit. The entire unit (Ravelco, conduit and wires) is about 3.5 feet. It needs to feed from the mounting location to the fuse box under the hood and every inch counts :) . Could he have added an extension...yes. Did he want to...nope.

I was his first stop for the day and also third(?) TRX overall. I think if I was his last stop of the day he might have taken my extra $100 offer to explore behind the panel near the ignition switch. He was reluctant so I settled with the typical location, but facing out instead of down. I want it to be somewhat visible if the bad guy does gain entry.

I am not sure if I am going to paint it black, bright yellow or leave it alone just yet.
It took him 1.5 hours for the install and I paid in cash with a tip.

Pros: Huge peace of mind (not piece of mind...you know who you are)
Cons: fugly, somewhat cumbersome and no remote start which I never really used anyway

Satisfied.

1642720691083.webp
 
Congrats, I think you will be very happy with that location and guess the color will become unimportant to you as you can’t see it once in the truck...


.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top