RAVELCO THREAD

Ravelco was Installed this morning.
Overall experience was good. Samantha from the Ca/Az regional office was on point with communication.
The installer (Deyaa) was scheduled at 8am and showed up at 7:59 (a little early).

He walked me thru the install and listened to all of my concerns and ideas of the placement of the Frankenstein bolt. He talked me out of putting it below the ignition button, he said there was too much stuff behind the panel in that location.

Another concern he mentioned is he needed the shortest run possible because the Ravelco comes pre-fabbed in a flexible metal conduit. The entire unit (Ravelco, conduit and wires) is about 3.5 feet. It needs to feed from the mounting location to the fuse box under the hood and every inch counts :) . Could he have added an extension...yes. Did he want to...nope.

I was his first stop for the day and also third(?) TRX overall. I think if I was his last stop of the day he might have taken my extra $100 offer to explore behind the panel near the ignition switch. He was reluctant so I settled with the typical location, but facing out instead of down. I want it to be somewhat visible if the bad guy does gain entry.

I am not sure if I am going to paint it black, bright yellow or leave it alone just yet.
It took him 1.5 hours for the install and I paid in cash with a tip.

Pros: Huge peace of mind (not piece of mind...you know who you are)
Cons: fugly, somewhat cumbersome and no remote start which I never really used anyway

Satisfied.

View attachment 32207
Lol why you bully me. Enjoy your piece of sh...... did I use it right there? Just joking I'm glad you feel good with it that all that's matters
 
Lol why you bully me. Enjoy your piece of sh...... did I use it right there? Just joking I'm glad you feel good with it that all that's matters
:ROFLMAO:

This was a great read:

1642726941340.webp
 
Is everyone on here that’s so concerned about carrying two key fobs because they don’t fit in the pockets of skinny jeans?
lol not me. I wear real pants with 47 pockets. Most have knives in them. The problem is (1) remembering which pocket the fobs are in, and (2) digging past all the knives to get to the fobs.
 
Page 127 of the TRX Owners Manual states, “Under no circumstances should you wear flip flops and shorts in a TRX”.
If that's the case, the TRX and I are going to have a tense relationship...
 
I can spot you 95 cents 😜 In all honesty, I left the .95 off but $599.95 was my cost, excluding tax. OTD was $658.45. Also tipped the guy for good customer service.
He quoted me $699 + tx. Guessing because I'm technically in Bowling Green KY i don't know. Maybe I'll respond and say no no I'm interested in the $599 version lol yes please
 
He quoted me $699 + tx. Guessing because I'm technically in Bowling Green KY i don't know. Maybe I'll respond and say no no I'm interested in the $599 version lol yes please
I'll have to pay a local tax too. Just depends on city. Austin is 50 bucks more than Dallas.
 
Cool device. Too bad they don't have installers in MI, OH or IN. I refuse to drive to Chicago to get one ☝🏿
No dealers here in NY. I wonder if it's against thieves working rights of this state
There is a dealer in NJ who covers NY. A lot more posts to look so someone might have posted it already.
 
what spot would that be Ducc? From what i've seen the best placement is next to the knob where the dash brightness is adjusted. It's not inconspicuous but all the other spots are a problem for tall guys with long legs.
Mine is installed and not visible and i can reach in before getting in the truck and plug it in without bending to look at it. You just have to get used to the plug position.
 
For those asking about installation on the East Coast (ie: New York) , I'm in Maryland and spoke with Chuck Whigham today. He's in NJ, travels, and services Maine to SC and will install at your home.

His email today "I am the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Moreover, I have over 40 years of automotive experience and I DO NOT use subcontractors or dealers. I will personally come to your home, office or mutually agreed upon location to professionally and meticulously install the device in a craftsman like manner which takes about 3.0 - 5.0 hours. "



.
This is who did mine he did a clean install but do yourself a favor……. Don’t start talking to him lol he never stops talking lol. He was a very nice man and it works perfectly with no issues or complaints. U der the hood looks like nothing was touched.
 
I sent an email to Ravelco last night asking where the nearest dealer is located to Oklahoma and product pricing. Here’s the response I received back from the guy who seems to be the owner based on the last name and where to write the check.
Thoughts?
Well those letters sure does make this product seem iffy, it for sure makes the manufacture or should we say the guy a little sketchy. What business does anyone do business with that has it same kind of “hey just send me a check cashiers check cash don’t make it out to my company‘s name make it out to my name“ and I’ll get it to you as fast as I can?

Hopefully some of the forum members have a long-standing relationship with his company and can vouch for it.
 
He quoted me $699 + tx. Guessing because I'm technically in Bowling Green KY i don't know. Maybe I'll respond and say no no I'm interested in the $599 version lol yes please
I assume that price increase may be due to travel. I think he said he lived in Lynchburg which is about 1.5 hours from me. He also had another install in my area which may lower the price.
 
Well those letters sure does make this product seem iffy, it for sure makes the manufacture or should we say the guy a little sketchy. What business does anyone do business with that has it same kind of “hey just send me a check cashiers check cash don’t make it out to my company‘s name make it out to my name“ and I’ll get it to you as fast as I can?

Hopefully some of the forum members have a long-standing relationship with his company and can vouch for it.
I wrote a check in the same name. $650 installed, presumably inclusive of sales tax (8.25% locally). I assumed the use of the owner's name rather than the company's name may be some kind of tax play at most. There are other potential risks created by the commingling of personal and corporate matters (e.g., personal liability exposure), but, then again, he may be operating as a mere DBA or the like, with limited or no "entity" protections anyway. I concluded it wasn't impactful to me, so I moved forward with the install. I understand the questions and questioning, though.
 
I just had the Revelco installed by Charles Whigham today. He did a great job. You cannot see anything under the hood, and barely notice it under my dash (vertical install). You can plug It in by feel while seated, or connect it as you get in. He was meticulous about keeping everything neat. He used blankets around hood as he worked, and around the door when he was inside. I have an Optimus GPS tracker the Revelco now. You get two Revelco key plugs. I used Paypal and he just sent an invoice when he was done. Great guy, and professional. I highly recommend him.
 
I just had the Revelco installed by Charles Whigham today. He did a great job. You cannot see anything under the hood, and barely notice it under my dash (vertical install). You can plug It in by feel while seated, or connect it as you get in. He was meticulous about keeping everything neat. He used blankets around hood as he worked, and around the door when he was inside. I have an Optimus GPS tracker the Revelco now. You get two Revelco key plugs. I used Paypal and he just sent an invoice when he was done. Great guy, and professional. I highly recommend him.
Nice!

Which tracker did you buy? Wired or battery?
 
I just had the Revelco installed by Charles Whigham today. He did a great job. You cannot see anything under the hood, and barely notice it under my dash (vertical install). You can plug It in by feel while seated, or connect it as you get in. He was meticulous about keeping everything neat. He used blankets around hood as he worked, and around the door when he was inside. I have an Optimus GPS tracker the Revelco now. You get two Revelco key plugs. I used Paypal and he just sent an invoice when he was done. Great guy, and professional. I highly recommend him.
Which area are you in?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top