EBC Brakes Announce NEW High Performance Pads

To all that have received pads for testing, does anyone else have any feedback and first thoughts so far?

Are we able to order these pads yet?
We need to wait for adequate feedback from all those that tested before we can sell them, as we believe there may be some slight adjustments needed for noise reduction

Reactions: esm
To all that have received pads for testing, does anyone else have any feedback and first thoughts so far?
I received the pads, and I will be installing them on my truck next week and will give feedback. I’m towing this weekend and dont want the first test to be while towing. Ill be sure to report back next week. Thanks!

My pads are going on this coming week as well. I will leave the OEM rotors on and just have them turned,

I was able to install the ED brake pads today on all four corners of my TRX. I am happy to report that there is a noticeable improvement in bite/stopping power over stock. We have two TRX’s so its easy to test side by side. The one thing I have noticed is the brake squeal that wasn’t there before I changed the pads. I read on EBC’s website that it should subside in 500 miles. If it does, then these are a great, effective, and affordable brake upgrade to do to your TRX.

I was able to install the ED brake pads today on all four corners of my TRX. I am happy to report that there is a noticeable improvement in bite/stopping power over stock. We have two TRX’s so its easy to test side by side. The one thing I have noticed is the brake squeal that wasn’t there before I changed the pads. I read on EBC’s website that it should subside in 500 miles. If it does, then these are a great, effective, and affordable brake upgrade to do to your TRX.
The squeal is really, really, bad and it doesn’t get better. I’ve logged 500+ miles and still sounds like an old school bus.

The squeal is really, really, bad and it doesn’t get better. I’ve logged 500+ miles and still sounds like an old school bus.
all my diesels I've ran ebc and same exact thing... squeal is terrible. Gets worse actually lol

The brake squeal for the ED+ pads should go away between 500-1000mi, for the ST pads this is a completely new material and I will be interested to know a few things;
- if brake dust is higher than OE
- If/ when (no. of miles) the brake squeal goes away
- how they compare to OE for performance on hills, towing, at speed.

Thanks everyone who has already provided feedback and to those still waiting to fit the pads I look forward to hearing your experience, the more info and further details we can get the better, we appreciate it

You should pm them. That way they can get your business info and location for which international distributor to forward you to.
I would like to know the part number of the brake pads front oem and rear oem

I would like to know the part number of the brake pads front oem and rear oem
Hi there, we do not currently have the part numbers as they have not been generated yet. We will keep you informed once a decision has been made after receiving the feedback from the winners of the giveaway

Hi there, we do not currently have the part numbers as they have not been generated yet. We will keep you informed once a decision has been made after receiving the feedback from the winners of the giveaway
I can get these installed and reviewed within a week! I drive my TRX daily, in traffic, at speed etc, so if you're tired of waiting for reviews or feedback, Ill gladly even pay for a set and put them to the test. OEM brakes are seriously lacking for what I need and the only thing stopping me from doing a BBK is this set up

OK, I had the pads installed last week. Full disclosure, EBC sent me some shims but the brakes were already installed, missed opportunity by 1 day. Also, the dealer could not resurface my rotors like the tech said they could, so there is that as well. I always have my rotors resurfaced when new pads go on (or rotors replaced if needed). I usually replace my own brakes but the timing just sucked this time around.
My OEM brakes had a lot of meat on them still and the rotors did not have any visible grooves, heat spots or glazing.

Here is my take on the EBC pads so far:
  • They grip really, really good. I ran around some secluded streets testing them doing 80-0 mph
  • I was surprised that the ABS allowed all four wheels to lock up a few times
  • There is a noticeable amount of superior braking capabilities with the EBC pads
  • I caught myself being surprised a few times during normal operation on how quick the pads bit into the rotor and slowed the truck down
  • The pads are loud! Like city-bus type of loud (maybe even louder). I regret not getting the shims sooner and not turning the rotors like planned, because I am sure it would make some difference
Like most high performance brakes, you can expect some noise. Unfortunately, this is just too much for my liking. I am going to get the rotors resurfaced and shims installed and try it again. If they are still too noisy after that, I will look for another solution (OEM?) :(

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back