EBC Brakes Announce NEW High Performance Pads

EBC Brakes

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Coming in 2022, EBC are excited to announce the new MGP Military Grade Pads, high performance pads designed for towing, off roading, and all truck related activities. They will employ the all new Transfer Film Technology used in our latest SR series race pads and be the longest lasting, highest friction pads we have ever produced for trucks, 4X4's and SUVs.

They are currently in the final stage of what we call NVH testing (noise vibration and harshness) and we are hoping to launch them in the first few months of 2022. Prior to launch, we would like to give the opportunity to a few RAM TRX members to test them for us, free of charge.

To enter for your chance to win, please comment below with a photo of your vehicle and outline for us what you use your vehicle for. Any upgrades/ specs and accolades highly welcomed, the more detail the better.

We will choose from the participants up to 3 winners for the pads, along with a set of Rotors to match.
This offer will be running until January 7th, the winner(s) will be chosen and posted shortly afterwards.

You can find out more about the SR Series race pads HERE to give you an idea of the quality of these pads.

Thank you in advance to all who apply :)

EDIT: Due to the concerns and feedback raised in this thread we have chosen to rename the product the ST-Series (Sintered Truck) as it will fall in line with the SR-Series (sintered Race) which uses the same tech/materials.

We truly appreciate all of your comments and strive to be seen as a company that cares for and listens to their customers.

Last edited:
Longtime user of EBC pads and can’t say enough about the improvement in pedal feel and stopping power. Looking forward to this upgrade!

Current use is towing, high speed high desert runs and rock crawls.
3A306EE4-3462-4281-81F4-6C02192BF048.jpeg
EA7A4909-B48A-4823-85A0-7F2F93CAF9D5.jpeg

I use the truck daily for work hauling and pulling trailers that are way beyond the capacity of the truck. It works well and would look forward to the extra stopping power. When I not working it I'm running the daylights out of it. My TRX doesn't have an easy life but it provides smiles. It has a race chip and is getting an incogneto pulley this weekend.
Beyond that I'm a big MAGA supporter which should place me high on the list regardless of any options others have.
Thanks for joining the forum as a supporting member!

RAM on beach.jpg

TRX sheetrock.jpg

Just a regular blue collar guy , use my truck as a daily, when I’m not working I’m running the truck through the mountains of up state ny hunting or camping . In the summer I’m hitting quarter mile races where I can find them . I have experienced brake fade a couple times doing high speed runs and coming down some of the mountain roads I climb. Can’t wait to try your product when it’s available.

As far as mods go
Lower incognito
SLP loudmouth resonators
JLT catch can
Still waiting on high flow air cleaner pre-ordered in summer.
F003A801-062A-4028-A36F-26802201D27D.png
C88DD37A-5AC0-4F19-BF9C-31D2AE6750C1.jpeg
901AA3B6-789B-4937-9827-CF9814E45208.jpeg

trx.jpg

Truck is a daily. freeway driving, tows, lots off-road driving, drags, has 6800 mi 20 inch fuel rims with 35x13.5 ridge grapplers could use better braking...
Lower incognito
JLT catch can
BWoody 5 inch Velocity Plus intake
Tazer DT

Coming in 2022, EBC are excited to announce the new MGP Military Grade Pads, high performance pads designed for towing, off roading, and all truck related activities. They will employ the all new Transfer Film Technology used in our latest SR series race pads and be the longest lasting, highest friction pads we have ever produced for trucks, 4X4's and SUVs.

They are currently in the final stage of what we call NVH testing (noise vibration and harshness) and we are hoping to launch them in the first few months of 2022. Prior to launch, we would like to give the opportunity to a few RAM TRX members to test them for us, free of charge.

To enter for your chance to win, please comment below with a photo of your vehicle and outline for us what you use your vehicle for. Any upgrades/ specs and accolades highly welcomed, the more detail the better.

We will choose from the participants up to 3 winners for the pads, along with a set of EBC Rotors to match.
This offer will be running until January 7th, the winner(s) will be chosen and posted shortly afterwards.

You can find out more about the SR Series race pads HERE to give you an idea of the quality of these pads.

View attachment 29936
Looks really cool and promising. I am more of a pavement princess and have fun with the truck on pavement. Light off roading on the beach in the summer. I don't hold a candle to the off-roading stuff everyone else does but will say, used EBC pads and rotors on my 07 Escalade and they were pretty insane. Night and day difference over anything else I ever used on that SUV.

My trucks stock with tint and resonator swap. First to try out the SLP loudmouths so got that going for me.

Ram TRX.jpg

20210502_161727.jpg

Thanks for joining the forum and look forward to seeing the product line unfold.

51CF2022-0971-4E89-997E-184747E313D0.jpeg
Daily driver with the usual drop kids off at school, trip to Home Depot, and camping trips. Sometimes open it up on the highway. It is all stock.

I have used EBC Red stuff pads with DBA rotors when I did a lot of autocross and your pads performed fantastic and the low brake dust is a huge factor of why I purchased. Looking forward to increased stopping distances and confidence due to crazy city drivers haha!

Attachments

• 6A535B98-29B7-42DB-946F-F01B33764E59.jpeg
    6A535B98-29B7-42DB-946F-F01B33764E59.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 41
I bought mine for a toy and a truck to pull toys. I have a wide array of side by sides and motorcycles. They all use your products and I would look forward to giving them a try on the TRX. They have sure never let me down in the abuse they get with the other toys.
IMG_6870.jpeg
IMG_6872.jpeg
IMG_6873.jpeg

@Half Black Viking thank you…

“Hey let’s slap some green on it and call it military grade… and then let’s run an add campaign saying We support our troops… yet we will refuse to ship apo/fpo and won’t cut a discount”

I’m pretty sure there is a mil spec to the brake pads out there. And for every piece of uncle sams motor that I was not supposed to be or qualified to drive but did anyways… those brakes sucked ass.

So if EBC won a contract for an mrap or some other type of transpo and is providing pads to oshkosh I really hope these will not be the same compound.

Military grade… yea… graded 36 on their asvab

1640726702860.jpeg

1640726782967.jpeg

My 2022 TRX is a daily driver used for a plethora of driving conditions including country roads, purposeful off-roading, city bumper-to-bumper, highway, light-duty towing, etc. Driven year round in Iowa, it will see temperatures in excess of 100 and below 0 with all the weather that comes in-between. Unfortunately, this truck will see rather significant gravel road miles traveling between farms. In our particular area, whiterock gravel is used which creates excessive dust, so I would be curious to see how theses high-performance brakes would fair in the noise department when exposed to above average dust conditions. On various trucks, utvs, and other equipment we have experimented with many different brake pads to see which fair best at eliminating noise without sacrificing performance. I have experience with EBC Redstuff pads on hellcat applications and well as EBC Greenstuff on a variety of applications and have been very satisfied with the products over the years.

Further, my TRX is currently equipped with aftermarket wheel/tire set-up which have increased the unsprung weight and rotational mass. I have noticed slight decrease in the already lackluster braking performance post wheel/tire change. I would like to see how this product would impact the TRX's lacking brake performance. These wheel are also a major PIA to clean ;) so evaluating the brake dust would be another criteria to rate these brakes.

I appreciate the opportunity to "test" your product and would look forward to providing a detailed report of my findings and opinions.

Thanks,

Alex

@Half Black Viking thank you…

“Hey let’s slap some green on it and call it military grade… and then let’s run an add campaign saying We support our troops… yet we will refuse to ship apo/fpo and won’t cut a discount”

I’m pretty sure there is a mil spec to the brake pads out there. And for every piece of uncle sams motor that I was not supposed to be or qualified to drive but did anyways… those brakes sucked ass.

So if EBC won a contract for an mrap or some other type of transpo and is providing pads to oshkosh I really hope these will not be the same compound.

Military grade… yea… graded 36 on their asvab
Over the last five years millions of dollars worth of the pads supplied to the USA military and used on Humvee have come from the EBC USA facility in Ohio and that’s where the new MGP range will come from - made from a sintered metal compound and 100% USA made.

All we are saying is these pads are tough, they endure severe conditions - they stop heavily loaded vehicles, they last and have been put to the military test.

If you have any suggestions for a better name we would love to hear your thoughts, we want nothing less than to disappoint or offend customers with a name they do not deem fit for application.

Thanks guys

Over the last five years millions of dollars worth of the pads supplied to the USA military and used on Humvee have come from the EBC USA facility in Ohio and that’s where the new MGP range will come from - made from a sintered metal compound and 100% USA made.

All we are saying is these pads are tough, they endure severe conditions - they stop heavily loaded vehicles, they last and have been put to the military test.

If you have any suggestions for a better name we would love to hear your thoughts, we want nothing less than to disappoint or offend customers with a name they do not deem fit for application.

Thanks guys

I just do normal street driving with the occasional flooring it then slamming on the brakes so I don’t crash kind of driving cause you just can’t hold back on this truck. If I see a trail I’ll go on it. I don’t take it to the track or live by a desert. Maybe I’m not using it as I should, I’d love to, but I don’t live in that kind of area. So if you want to give me a pair of brakes then I’ll give you my address lol

What the absolute fuck is “military grade”?
Military grade..."Soldier you are a NO GO at this station! See your instructor for additional training and return for retest"=FAIL

Thanks guys
Are these the same spec you put in the hmmwv?
Because amgeneral calls you and says “we want this at this below bargain price” just like Oshkosh does with rotors.

So are they the same “sintered metal” compound material?

If they are the exact same compound as you supply am general then have at it. I’ll support you 100% in saying they are military grade. (And good lord I’ll stay off the roads. At least a snail pack can only do 51 mph)

My point is everyone flexing the mil this mil that when it’s more likely junk. And the defense suppliers are not supplying their best, they are supplying the least they can at the highest price they can.

And then to top it off, the companies are flexing on Veterans Day but won’t even ship to apo…

We will choose from the participants up to 3 winners for the pads, along with a set of EBC Rotors to match.

View attachment 29936
What if our trucks have not arrived yet? Are we excluded from this contest? Maybe you could do a separate contest for us unlucky guys and gals that have been waiting forever and ever to take delivery of our trucks. Thank you

Are these the same spec you put in the hmmwv?
Because amgeneral calls you and says “we want this at this below bargain price” just like Oshkosh does with rotors.

So are they the same “sintered metal” compound material?

If they are the exact same compound as you supply am general then have at it. I’ll support you 100% in saying they are military grade. (And good lord I’ll stay off the roads. At least a snail pack can only do 51 mph)

My point is everyone flexing the mil this mil that when it’s more likely junk. And the defense suppliers are not supplying their best, they are supplying the least they can at the highest price they can.

And then to top it off, the companies are flexing on Veterans Day but won’t even ship to apo…
I have used their products before and can't speak to material and build stuff as I am not in manufacturing but can say.......their stuff was a huge improvement over factory. I did their heavy duty green pads on my F350 and no brake dust and stopped the truck with a trailer way better then any of the other brands I have used. Did full slotted rotors and pads on an Escalade and sold the SUV with maybe 30k on the brakes and they were awesome the whole way through. I haven't owned anything long enough to need brakes since that Escalade so I'm not much of a brake expert lol. Just my limited experience but they make good stuff.

I have used their products before and can't speak to material and build stuff as I am not in manufacturing but can say.......their stuff was a huge improvement over factory. I did their heavy duty green pads on my F350 and no brake dust and stopped the truck with a trailer way better then any of the other brands I have used. Did full slotted rotors and pads on an Escalade and sold the SUV with maybe 30k on the brakes and they were awesome the whole way through. I haven't owned anything long enough to need brakes since that Escalade so I'm not much of a brake expert lol. Just my limited experience but they make good stuff.
I have used ebc red yellow and green. That’s not the point. The point is “military grade”.
For those in the military that doesn’t mean much. And I doubt they are using the same compound… or I hope they aren’t, that they say they make for amgeneral.

If they want to make a heavy vehicle performance brake pad… and market it to those who want high mu at cold temp with thick pads for trucks. Say that.

What if our trucks have not arrived yet? Are we excluded from this contest? Maybe you could do a separate contest for us unlucky guys and gals that have been waiting forever and ever to take delivery of our trucks. Thank you
Pretty sure they are looking to give them to people with trucks for TESTING. Which unfortunately includes several of us.

Back