TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
FYI - the latest OEM CV part number ending in AG is supposed to fix the problem of torn boots which lead to the joint failure. Before exploring expensive aftermarket options, it might be easier to get a set of the AG's and give them a try...just my 2c.
Hope this is true. My second boot since buying used in November, but it ends in AG!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0754.webp
    IMG_0754.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 63
FYI - the latest OEM CV part number ending in AG is supposed to fix the problem of torn boots which lead to the joint failure. Before exploring expensive aftermarket options, it might be easier to get a set of the AG's and give them a try...just my 2c.
I just installed 2 new axles ending in ag and the fuckers are leaking grease already after just 32 miles!! Wtf
 
I'm thinking these axles have far to much grease in them and it's being forced out the clamp. I broke one axle after 22k miles and it had been leaking for the last 5k and when it broke there was still a massive amount of grease left. It is coming out between the clamp on these new axles. I've been a pro technician for 35 years so I did the repair myself. Didn't want the dealer working on this truck. Not sure what to do next?
 
So, is this a thing? Is there an actual group buy? I'd like to bring this thread back to life since I have 17,000 mi and just broke my second CV axle. I offroad my truck, very hard, meaning 80 mph over whoops, jumping it, etc. This is no mall crawler.
 
So, is this a thing? Is there an actual group buy? I'd like to bring this thread back to life since I have 17,000 mi and just broke my second CV axle. I offroad my truck, very hard, meaning 80 mph over whoops, jumping it, etc. This is no mall crawler.
Pics or it never happened ;)
 
So, is this a thing? Is there an actual group buy? I'd like to bring this thread back to life since I have 17,000 mi and just broke my second CV axle. I offroad my truck, very hard, meaning 80 mph over whoops, jumping it, etc. This is no mall crawler.
How did it break? Was it just a torn boot?
Did the cv cage break?

Did the stub break? That’s the most common actual real break. It’s because the plunging spline shaft didn’t extend due to stiction and pulled the stub and it got into a bad angle and then breakage.
This can be solved in the future by cv-2 grease on a rebuild.
I think the mid 22 (feb and newer) plus trucks use a different lube. I haven’t heard of the issues on the newer trucks.
 
How did it break? Was it just a torn boot?
Did the cv cage break?

Did the stub break? That’s the most common actual real break. It’s because the plunging spline shaft didn’t extend due to stiction and pulled the stub and it got into a bad angle and then breakage.
This can be solved in the future by cv-2 grease on a rebuild.
I think the mid 22 (feb and newer) plus trucks use a different lube. I haven’t heard of the issues on the newer trucks.
I will ask the dealership what exactly was broken. Mine is a 2022 and I broke the previous axle about 9 months ago but I think it was on the other side if I remember correctly. This time it's the driver's side last time it was the passenger side.
 
I drive, I'm not a mechanic. I take it to the dealership, they replace the axle, I drive again.
Oh I don't care about that haha. I meant the offroading hard. Love meeting others that use these trucks the way I do.
 
Oh I don't care about that haha. I meant the offroading hard. Love meeting others that use these trucks the way I do.
Awesome! Sorry, misunderstood. Where are you located?
 

Attachments

  • 20230624_150035.webp
    20230624_150035.webp
    507.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230624_145700.webp
    20230624_145700.webp
    574.4 KB · Views: 41
Awesome! Sorry, misunderstood. Where are you located?
That's what I'm talking about! Love to see it.

I'm in SoCal. Truck sees most of its dirt in Johnson Valley and in Mexico
 
what's ur suspension & tire setup?
Stock. My viewpoint is the engineers know what they're doing and leave it alone unless I want more problems. I should exclude from this list their axles, I don't think they knew what they were doing. That said, when this is out of warranty I may do a Robbie Williams long travel kit with kings.
 
That's what I'm talking about! Love to see it.

I'm in SoCal. Truck sees most of its dirt in Johnson Valley and in Mexico
I'm a single dad of a 5-year-old girl so I don't get to go too far from home too often but I have a great off-road area 5 minutes from my house in Flagstaff Arizona
 
I'm a single dad of a 5-year-old girl so I don't get to go too far from home too often but I have a great off-road area 5 minutes from my house in Flagstaff Arizona
Lived there for 5 years 2013 -2018. LOVED it there, so many areas for off-roading/trails. A lot of times i wish i stilled lived out there.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top