TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
I wish someone could send me their broken axle.

I’ve worked on 3 different cv axle design programs for different projects and learned way more than someone who is not in the business should.

But most of these issues are usually simple fixes

And believe it that an oem will know about a problem and not redesign or recall a part for 7 years of production.

Gm for instance has a truck and the axle shaft is about 1/2 inch too short, and the cup in the inner cv smashes the retaining clip.

Silly thing is, when the aftermarket suspension company made their “long travel” kit, all the did was take the oem length and add the .6 inches of extra width their arm has.
So the lomg travel axle shaft is the fix for oem trucks.

Anyways, see the pics below. The cup is an aftermarket one (rcv), but notice how the balls on the cv cup can hit the retaining ring still.

The other pic is a destroyed Gm oem cv pieces, including the broken retainer.
 

Attachments

  • 91EF3DCB-E49E-41C5-8C4C-B72B71B78981.webp
    91EF3DCB-E49E-41C5-8C4C-B72B71B78981.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2967.webp
    IMG_2967.webp
    129.2 KB · Views: 120
I wish someone could send me their broken axle.

I’ve worked on 3 different cv axle design programs for different projects and learned way more than someone who is not in the business should.

But most of these issues are usually simple fixes

And believe it that an oem will know about a problem and not redesign or recall a part for 7 years of production.

Gm for instance has a truck and the axle shaft is about 1/2 inch too short, and the cup in the inner cv smashes the retaining clip.

Silly thing is, when the aftermarket suspension company made their “long travel” kit, all the did was take the oem length and add the .6 inches of extra width their arm has.
So the lomg travel axle shaft is the fix for oem trucks.

Anyways, see the pics below. The cup is an aftermarket one (rcv), but notice how the balls on the cv cup can hit the retaining ring still.

The other pic is a destroyed Gm oem cv pieces, including the broken retainer.
I have a CV axle I can send you. It just had a leak in the boot. No damage and less than 10k miles on it.
20230319_114700.webp
 
Whos got the cheapest place to buy an OEM CV (P/N: 53011128AG)? I'm gunna do some shopping and will post up what I find too
 
So i Google searched the Mopar CV axle part # and opened about 10 websites in separate tabs. I proceeded to the last step at check-out on each website to see what prices were including $50 core charges & shipping. Most ranged from $505-$530 shipped but I found a couple under $500. The lowest i found was Mopar World OEM parts.com. Total was $476.07 shipped.

Just need to make sure I have all the requisite tools on board to swap it out if/when the time comes...
 
EDIT: apparently my order has been canceled as the item is not available. Waiting for more info from them lol
 
$486.82 from MOpar parts on sale.com. Let's see if they cancel my shit lol. Otherwise, some seller on ebay has 2 in stock for $492 shipped...
 
Im going to rebuild esm’s for him.
Once I get all the part numbers for the heavy duty boots etc, I’ll post up the info.

If people want me to rebuild theirs with heavy duty boots etc I’ll get you sorted.
 
So i Google searched the Mopar CV axle part # and opened about 10 websites in separate tabs. I proceeded to the last step at check-out on each website to see what prices were including $50 core charges & shipping. Most ranged from $505-$530 shipped but I found a couple under $500. The lowest i found was Mopar World OEM parts.com. Total was $476.07 shipped.

Just need to make sure I have all the requisite tools on board to swap it out if/when the time comes...
IF YOU HAVE A BOXO KIT YOU GOT IT COVERED ON THE TOOLS
 
I have a message into RCV. I spoke with them at length earlier this year at KOH. At the time they were not planning on making any for the TRX but I was trying hard to change their mind. Based on the Rogue website is possible that has happened. I am going to get to the bottom of it on that end of things.
 
I have a message into RCV. I spoke with them at length earlier this year at KOH. At the time they were not planning on making any for the TRX but I was trying hard to change their mind. Based on the Rogue website is possible that has happened. I am going to get to the bottom of it on that end of things.
Love it!
 
According to RCV this morning:

“We have not ventured much into the TRX world. The ball spline axles are very costly to manufacture and we are unsure if the market would support the cost.”
 
According to RCV this morning:

“We have not ventured much into the TRX world. The ball spline axles are very costly to manufacture and we are unsure if the market would support the cost.”
Who do we email to show them our collective interest?
 
Definitely don’t Tell Josh at RCV that Charles with the zr2 influenced this lol.
 
Ok so we’d need to place an order for 50 sets per the email response below. Im waiting on clarification if that’s 50 sets of both left & right, as well as pricing & anticipated improvements over stock.

“Hi Rick, thank you for your interest.

We've had several interested parties in this application, but we would need an order of 50 sets to produce. We do not plan to make these until that happens.”

Regards,

Christian
RCV Performance Customer Support
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top