TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
ANTHONY SCHINCARIOL
Current Ride
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Current Ride #2
2020 Ram 1500 Night Express
@Nitro , just a sugggestion but maybe you could make a sticky thread for the wheels and tires section where people can post pics of their trucks with various brands and sizes of wheels and tires that they have installed on their TRX. Request that people post the size, brand, and specifications of both the tires and wheels they are running. There is a similar thread on a square body forum I'm on, and it's a great reference for people to use when they want to get a visualization of how their truck might look with different wheels and tires.

Here is my contribution:

Tires: 37x13.50r20 Toyo Open Country MT
Wheels: Fuel "Rebel" 20x9 with +20mm offset
Suspension Modifications: None
Trimming required: None
That looks awesome and I say that because I bought the same wheels. Should be here in about 3-4 days. I couldn't find any sight with a wheel visualizer for the TRX so I improvised and uploaded a pic of a Big Horn but now I see it on your TRX and I'm thrilled. Once the wheels are on I've matched the color of the vinyl to wheels and I'm custom making my ow decals

Attachments

• Fuel Rebel 6 D681.jpg
    Fuel Rebel 6 D681.jpg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 13

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Did they allude to anything else regarding the truck in the pic? Does seem photoshopped and lowered or something. Aren't stock wheels slightly less than 35"? Just seems like we have a lot of wheel well gap to cover but also not rub so I am sure a fine line. Thanks guys for the info this far.
Jrex pics above of the Black TRX with the 4play wheels are real. I also received those in the email from the sales rep. I made a bad assumption when i went thru the websites gallery thinking it was actual customers trucks with 4plays backdrop

OP
CustomPerformance

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
That looks awesome and I say that because I bought the same wheels. Should be here in about 3-4 days. I couldn't find any sight with a wheel visualizer for the TRX so I improvised and uploaded a pic of a Big Horn but now I see it on your TRX and I'm thrilled. Once the wheels are on I've matched the color of the vinyl to wheels and I'm custom making my ow decals
Your're going to love it person. Looks awesome. So you have already matched the vinyl to the wheels? If so, do you mind sharing the color as I was going to have some vinyl stuff done on another truck with the same color wheels and it would be nice and easy if I could just tell my vinyl guy what color and brand it is. Thanks!

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Jrex pics above of the Black TRX with the 4play wheels are real. I also received those in the email from the sales rep. I made a bad assumption when i went thru the websites gallery thinking it was actual customers trucks with 4plays backdrop
No worries, I thought the same also. They should just stick to real trucks on the with actual wheels on or have a different section with simulated looks. I don't think they have an actual RAM with those wheel on it yet. I think they are new design?

Last edited:

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone orders the Fuel Shok bronze wheels and don't like the chrome F in the center caps that they come with.

The manufacturer's part number for the caps with the bronze F is 1003-46MBZ.

I got them from this bay listing:

627-E69-F5-E6-A1-4954-828-A-7-EC4-B4781-F99.jpg

Do keep in mind that there are several versions of Fuel caps and many are not interchangeable. I can confirm that these work with the Shok but I don't know about other model compatibility.

Skiborsy

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Just in case someone orders the Fuel Shok bronze wheels and don't like the chrome F in the center caps that they come with.

The manufacturer's part number for the caps with the bronze F is 1003-46MBZ.

I got them from this bay listing:

627-E69-F5-E6-A1-4954-828-A-7-EC4-B4781-F99.jpg

Do keep in mind that there are several versions of Fuel caps and many are not interchangeable. I can confirm that these work with the Shok but I don't know about other model compatibility.
I'm really torn on the Shoks vs. the Blocks (in either case, 18 x 9 +1mm). Both look so good to me. Weight and cost savings on the Shoks are hard to pass up (29 vs. 38 lbs is a big penalty for a black, non-useful trim ring and some fatter spokes).

1620061976436.png

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm really torn on the Shoks vs. the Blocks (in either case, 18 x 9 +1mm). Both look so good to me. Weight and cost savings on the Shoks are hard to pass up (29 vs. 38 lbs is a big penalty for a black, non-useful trim ring and some fatter spokes).

View attachment 12228

I had 17" Rotiform Six wheels on my Raptor that are very similar to the Fuel Block.

Screen%20Shot%202018-03-11%20at%203.42.15%20PM_zpsu3ykr9wg.png

Both are a great looking wheel. What I've discovered over the years is that smaller diameter wheels look even smaller when they have a black lip/ring that blends with there tire because it makes the spokes look that much smaller. So it really depends what you're looking for as a look, as in bigger looking wheel or beefier looking tire.

My Shok wheels are the -12 offset variant for reference.

Skiborsy

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
I had 17" Rotiform Six wheels on my Raptor that are very similar to the Fuel Block.

Screen%20Shot%202018-03-11%20at%203.42.15%20PM_zpsu3ykr9wg.png

Both are a great looking wheel. What I've discovered over the years is that smaller diameter wheels look even smaller when they have a black lip/ring that blends with there tire because it makes the spokes look that much smaller. So it really depends what you're looking for as a look, as in bigger looking wheel or beefier looking tire.

My Shok wheels are the -12 offset variant for reference.
Agreed. I had the VenomRex 17s on my Raptor and would buy those again (in bronze this time, I think) if they had an 18" version.
1620062962758.jpeg

Two

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
Curious if anyone here has tried running 295/70s on the OE wheels. I'll likely go that route, in hopes of better cornering and snow/ice performance.

TheTiger

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
ANTHONY SCHINCARIOL
Current Ride
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Current Ride #2
2020 Ram 1500 Night Express
Your're going to love it person. Looks awesome. So you have already matched the vinyl to the wheels? If so, do you mind sharing the color as I was going to have some vinyl stuff done on another truck with the same color wheels and it would be nice and easy if I could just tell my vinyl guy what color and brand it is. Thanks!
Sorry it took so long to reply but I had not received my wheels until today. Shipments from USA to Canada are very unpredictable. I'm going to do the decals tomorrow so I'll post a picture and the vinyl I'm using is a very good match. Here it is: KPMF K75400 SERIES MATTE ANODIZED BRONZE VINYL WRAP | K75549 × 1. If your not familiar with it, it is also an air release. Goes on great. I purchased it on the internet from a Canadian source "Instawraps" but I'm sure you can find a local dealer. I'll post pictures either tomorrow or Sunday.

MaceP

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Mace
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Welp, tires finally showed up this afternoon. Too late to get them mounted on the new wheels. Hopefully tomorrow. Shout out to Johnny@JustBoltOns for the hook-up on the wheels.

I'll probably be selling the factory black take-off wheels and tires. 800 miles on them.

Raptor2TRX

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Name
Andy Miles
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Hey TRX Fam - this is my first forum... happy to be here. Just got my truck and want to swap out the beadlock wheels for methods. Was thinking the 301 Standard or 305 NV, but I do not know what wheel size/ratio will fit the TRX. I like CustomPerformance's Toyo 37s, but I want a smaller wheel. (17" or 18")

IMO: the 37" look great, but I think the tires will more than "kiss" the fenders on highspeed turns and whoops.

Without a leveling kit I don't think I should experiment with 37s, so I am thinking methods 17/18 and 36' tires.

Would love any feedback and advice. thank you!

OP
CustomPerformance

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey TRX Fam - this is my first forum... happy to be here. Just got my truck and want to swap out the beadlock wheels for methods. Was thinking the 301 Standard or 305 NV, but I do not know what wheel size/ratio will fit the TRX. I like CustomPerformance's Toyo 37s, but I want a smaller wheel. (17" or 18")

IMO: the 37" look great, but I think the tires will more than "kiss" the fenders on highspeed turns and whoops.

Without a leveling kit I don't think I should experiment with 37s, so I am thinking methods 17/18 and 36' tires.

Would love any feedback and advice. thank you!
Welcome to the forum! 17” wheels don’t fit on the TRX and a few people even had some clearance issues with 18” wheels depending on offset and particular wheel styles. Regardless of wheel diameter I’d suggest you stick close to the factory offset and wheel width if you plan on going with a bigger tire and taking it Offroad.

humble

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
A few BMWs
has anyone tried a 20x12" -44 wheel? Comparing that setup with a 20x9.5" -18 offset. Don't want to ruin the ride by going too wide but also will not be offroading this truck much.

OP
CustomPerformance

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
has anyone tried a 20x12" -44 wheel? Comparing that setup with a 20x9.5" -18 offset. Don't want to ruin the ride by going too wide but also will not be offroading this truck much.
I haven't seen this set up, but I would think you might run into clearance issues even sticking with a 35" tire. A 12" wide wheel with -44 offset sticks out almost 4" more than stock.

KingsCamo

TRX Launch Edition!!
Reaction score
Name
Kevin Pritchett
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
2017 Ford Raptor 2013 Ford Raptor 2019 Land Rover 1996 Toyota Landcruiser
Nitro Ridge Gapplers 35x12.5 22
Fuel Rebel 22x10 -18 offset

Attachments

• 8EEFD371-8123-4AA6-AF5F-7B98A85DEA53.jpeg
    8EEFD371-8123-4AA6-AF5F-7B98A85DEA53.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 80
  • AC5323CA-E71D-43D9-8BE5-51B079CCB245.jpeg
    AC5323CA-E71D-43D9-8BE5-51B079CCB245.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 45B2832B-A087-4488-B060-68A7560F2472.jpeg
    45B2832B-A087-4488-B060-68A7560F2472.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DD2F2830-E67A-4955-8853-CB58A2FADF3B.jpeg
    DD2F2830-E67A-4955-8853-CB58A2FADF3B.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 84

DrKid

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
GT3 Touring, RR Supercharged, P90DL
Posted a new thread but thought I’d ask here too - anyone with 37” tires throw suspension fault codes?
Ram is saying me dynamic suspension codes are due to having 37” tires - I’m guessing they just have no clue what is wrong and are blaming the only not stock item on the truck - but can people who have 37” tires chime in and let me know if they see this code or not?

OP
CustomPerformance

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Posted a new thread but thought I’d ask here too - anyone with 37” tires throw suspension fault codes?
Ram is saying me dynamic suspension codes are due to having 37” tires - I’m guessing they just have no clue what is wrong and are blaming the only not stock item on the truck - but can people who have 37” tires chime in and let me know if they see this code or not?
I haven't heard of that issue yet, but I'm doubting it's the tires. Without outright saying it, the engineers made this truck able to fit 37s. Did you install a leveling kit, or is it all factory suspension? I know on some G Wagons if you lift them you can get a suspension fault code due to sensors thinking the ride height is wrong for the speed you are traveling.

DrKid

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
GT3 Touring, RR Supercharged, P90DL
I haven't heard of that issue yet, but I'm doubting it's the tires. Without outright saying it, the engineers made this truck able to fit 37s. Did you install a leveling kit, or is it all factory suspension? I know on some G Wagons if you lift them you can get a suspension fault code due to sensors thinking the ride height is wrong for the speed you are traveling.
Thanks for getting back to me - no other mods at all besides simple tire size difference - even rolling with the stock wheels - just with 37" tires.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com