RAVELCO THREAD

1641762645370.webp
 
What are you the ravelco police? F off

You are talking shit about this company based on what exactly?

Find some negative reference anywhere on the company or product and post it up pal for all of us to see, then perhaps someone will listen.

Please don’t buy one..... ;)


.
 
You are talking shit about this company based on what exactly?

Find some negative reference anywhere on the company or product and post it up pal for all of us to see, then perhaps someone will listen.

Please don’t buy one..... ;)


.
Clearly some of us who aren't shitheads don't like mailing checks to third parties before first doing some checking, regardless of how much we might like the product.
Who was talking shit about the company? I merely wrote I didn't like the fact of mailing a check. Can understand the dude/installer is old school so I contacted the company and requested an instal.

For those who care, response is pretty quick, a form is emailed back asking questions about the truck and a desired instal date.
I requested January, hope I won't be told they are way out in installation slots for the next months
 
Last edited:
@Zach@Granger do you have an installer for this? Would be nice. Also, why dont you guys install tint? I've never had a dealer not.
Front window tint in the state of Iowa is illegal. That certainly cuts down on any opportunity for us.

I am not familiar with this product or install procedure, etc.
 
So, I emailed Ravelco Friday evening requesting info, I received an email response an hour later. I then received a phone call Saturday morning. Today (Monday) I received an email at 0730 confirming my appointment this Thursday morning. I also received a text on my phone alerting me to the email. I accepted the appointment via email. Payment types include PayPal, Zelle, Cash, or Credit Card. I'm also purchasing a 3rd cap. Communication and the experience has been stellar so far.

More to come.
 
Last edited:
So, I emailed Ravelco Friday evening requesting info, I received an email response an hour later. I then received a phone call Saturday morning. Today (Monday) I received an email at 0730 confirming my appointment this Thursday morning. I also received a text on my phone alerting me to the email. I accepted the appointment via email. Payment types include PayPal, Zelle, Cash, or Credit Card. I'm also purchasing a 3rd cap. Communication and the experience has been stellar so far.

More to come.
Yikes...imagine if all companies were even half as communicative! I tell you, the more I read the more this seems like the best solution. Old-school, sure, but sometimes that's the best way to go.

If they want a truck with Ravelco installed they need to bring a flatbed.
 
Yikes...imagine if all companies were even half as communicative! I tell you, the more I read the more this seems like the best solution. Old-school, sure, but sometimes that's the best way to go.

If they want a truck with Ravelco installed they need to bring a flatbed.
And even then... if they don't have the Ravelco plug... they won't be able to start it once the unload it from the flatbed.

I assume it means the Ravelco installation is irreversible?
 
So, I emailed Ravelco Friday evening requesting info, I received an email response an hour later. I then received a phone call Saturday morning. Today (Monday) I received an email at 0730 confirming my appointment this Thursday morning. I also received a text on my phone alerting me to the email. I accepted the appointment via email. Payment types include PayPal, Zelle, Cash, or Credit Card. I'm also purchasing a 3rd cap. Communication and the experience has been stellar so far.

More to come.
This was exactly my superior experience. Very clear, communicative, helpful. They were right on time, we’ll prepared, professional and efficient. THIS is real experience, NOT the armchair theories seemingly and sadly posted above. To each his own.
 
And even then... if they don't have the Ravelco plug... they won't be able to start it once the unload it from the flatbed.

I assume it means the Ravelco installation is irreversible?
It is reversible, but even those that install it say it takes a couple of hours. All the wires are housed in a metal harness and they are all the same color, so it becomes a real PITA to reverse.
 
It is reversible, but even those that install it say it takes a couple of hours. All the wires are housed in a metal harness and they are all the same color, so it becomes a real PITA to reverse.
My installation Tech said the same thing. Reversible, but takes either them to perform the reversal or they can walk a dealership or Indy Tech through the process. Also told me if any dealer Tech ever has some perceived issue with the system, they can contact Ravelco for assistance. Finally, said it has no impact on new car warranty and not to let a crappy dealer try to hide behind that often used, lame excuse.
 
And even then... if they don't have the Ravelco plug... they won't be able to start it once the unload it from the flatbed.

I assume it means the Ravelco installation is irreversible?
Well my TRX has already been on a flatbed and it took the guy 15 -20 minutes to load it as it would not start and I have the Ebrake set everytime I park. This was even pulling the neutral release and trying to release the ebake(not sure why, but the body shop got the ebake to release).

Also they will only give you 2 plugs when you have it installed and you have to order the 1 plug if you want another one. Atleast this is why I was told.
 
Well my TRX has already been on a flatbed and it took the guy 15 -20 minutes to load it as it would not start and I have the Ebrake set everytime I park. This was even pulling the neutral release and trying to release the ebake(not sure why, but the body shop got the ebake to release).

Also they will only give you 2 plugs when you have it installed and you have to order the 1 plug if you want another one. Atleast this is why I was told.
This had nothing to do with the Ravelco system, though, correct?
 
This had nothing to do with the Ravelco system, though, correct?
This is correct

This is was due to someone hitting the truck and truck went into "limp mode" to protect it's self
 
Agreed, or club’s cylinder can be drilled out in 10 seconds....... many YouTube videos.....


.

LOL, I forgot to mention, I saw 1 Youtube video made by a car thief (wearing a mask and his voice altered) showing how quickly he can drill out the Club, he then said he always like to leave the Club on the ground in the (then vacant) parking space as a joke..

.
 
Also they will only give you 2 plugs when you have it installed and you have to order the 1 plug if you want another one. Atleast this is why I was told.

Correct. When I accepted my appointment via email this morning I stated that I wanted to purchase a 3rd cap. I received a text a few minutes later from Chuck the installer stating that the extra caps can only be purchased directly from Ravelco after the system is installed and that the sales invoice, copy of vehicle registration and copy of drivers license (and payment) is required. He also provided the ordering link in the text. No problem at all. That tells me that only the (2) original caps that come with the device are correctly set up and only the manufacturer has the ability to replicate the cap. I like that..

.
 
I just received another email from the Installer with a calendar invite reminder for my appointment Thursday morning....

More to come.
.
 
I wish they had an installer in Indiana. Can’t seem to locate an installer here, so may take a trip to Chicago for an install.
 
In process of getting mine set up for the end of the month. The Ravelco guy is just coming to my house to do it. I’m glad I don’t have to travel for it.
 
Front window tint in the state of Iowa is illegal. That certainly cuts down on any opportunity for us.

I am not familiar with this product or install procedure, etc.
Gotcha, one of those states. Makes sense on tint. Looks like no dealers in your state either. Would be good for a dealer to partner with you given your volume amd install before we pick up.

Ravelco Midwest appears to be the closest at 3 hours away.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top