RAVELCO THREAD

I had my Ravelco unit installed on my TRX last week. Easy to order online, with phone follow-up. Excellent, prompt service at my home. The area franchise owner and another tech did the work. Clean, efficient and seamless. No hassle to use and Works as advertised. Cost about $629, with a AAA discount. I feel much better and safer with the system installed and will be having one installed on my inbound 392 Wrangler too.
 
For those asking about installation on the East Coast (ie: New York) , I'm in Maryland and spoke with Chuck Whigham today. He's in NJ, travels, and services Maine to SC and will install at your home.

His email today "I am the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Moreover, I have over 40 years of automotive experience and I DO NOT use subcontractors or dealers. I will personally come to your home, office or mutually agreed upon location to professionally and meticulously install the device in a craftsman like manner which takes about 3.0 - 5.0 hours. "



.
 
For those asking about installation on the East Coast (ie: New York) , I'm in Maryland and spoke with Chuck Whigham today. He's in NJ, travels, and services Maine to SC and will install at your home.

His email today "I am the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Moreover, I have over 40 years of automotive experience and I DO NOT use subcontractors or dealers. I will personally come to your home, office or mutually agreed upon location to professionally and meticulously install the device in a craftsman like manner which takes about 3.0 - 5.0 hours. "



.
Can you give me he’s info I am in NYC.
 
Just go to Ravelco.com, upper right corner, 'contact us'. you will be routed to him.

Not sure if there's an issue with NYC, but he's close by based in NJ.......

good luck....


.
 
For those asking about installation on the East Coast (ie: New York) , I'm in Maryland and spoke with Chuck Whigham today. He's in NJ, travels, and services Maine to SC and will install at your home.

His email today "I am the top Ravelco installation technician in the country and a Master Certified Ravelco Technician with over 19 years of experience configuring custom Ravelco installations. Moreover, I have over 40 years of automotive experience and I DO NOT use subcontractors or dealers. I will personally come to your home, office or mutually agreed upon location to professionally and meticulously install the device in a craftsman like manner which takes about 3.0 - 5.0 hours. "



.
How does the cost of around $750 installed pay for the product, this guys travel, his 3-5 hours of labor, and the company still make a profit?
 
I'm in Huntington...let me know if you find a good solution.
Check out this thread.
 
RaptorToTRXGuy brings up a good point.
Is the Ravelco key unique, i.e. each key is different? What if a thief brings a key plug along?
 
RaptorToTRXGuy brings up a good point.
Is the Ravelco key unique, i.e. each key is different? What if a thief brings a key plug along?
From the Ravelco website:

”When the plug is removed from the RAVELCO, it is impossible to start the vehicle. There are more than 100,000 different combinations. NO MASTER PLUGS. An impossible obstacle for even the most persistent thief. No Bells or Whistles . . . Just Results!”
 
From the Ravelco website:

”When the plug is removed from the RAVELCO, it is impossible to start the vehicle. There are more than 100,000 different combinations. NO MASTER PLUGS. An impossible obstacle for even the most persistent thief. No Bells or Whistles . . . Just Results!”
Got you. So once you place the plug in the socket, you will enter a combination(created along with the installer) that will enable the vehicle?
 
Got you. So once you place the plug in the socket, you will enter a combination(created along with the installer) that will enable the vehicle?
No, each plug is unique. There is no code, just plug it in. There are >100,000 different combinations of physical plugs/receptors.
 
How does the cost of around $750 installed pay for the product, this guys travel, his 3-5 hours of labor, and the company still make a profit?
He is an installer, You would have to ask him, but the math work for me. He schedules installs in an area, I'm guessing that on our trucks the actual install time is less than 3 hours, he does (2) trucks a day. Actual cost of the product is relatively small, and he makes ~$1k of labor a working day, (these are only my assumptions).

Exotics are $2K each, he probably does one of those in a day. I would imagine that he does a lot of installs in his shop, and I would also assume that he probably does groups of installs when car clubs have him come to a single host's home and garage, members drive over, and he does several vehicles when he's there for a few days..

I can see a ~$150-$200k+ annual business if someone is in to that lifestyle.

.
 
Last edited:
On other bit I just learned from the affiliate site for Colorado is our insurance rates may go down with one installed:

“Most insurance companies will give 10% to 25% discount on your comprehensive rates.”

 
@Zach@Granger do you have an installer for this? Would be nice. Also, why dont you guys install tint? I've never had a dealer not.
 
Last edited:
From the Ravelco website:

”When the plug is removed from the RAVELCO, it is impossible to start the vehicle. There are more than 100,000 different combinations. NO MASTER PLUGS. An impossible obstacle for even the most persistent thief. No Bells or Whistles . . . Just Results!”
Good to know. Thanks
 
I plan on doing this in a few months when I move. Right now I'm in a gated, secure community and I work on a military base so my truck isn't parked in public that often. I will use the REVELCO anytime the TRX is in a questionable location (hotel, airport, movie theater etc), remote start be damned.

If the plug is on, will the remote start function like normal? In case the truck is parked in a trusted location?
 
Sounds trivial, but why not just use The Club? If modern day thieves are more apt to use technology hacks to steal a car, why not just go old school and use a steering wheel lock?
 
I plan on doing this in a few months when I move. Right now I'm in a gated, secure community and I work on a military base so my truck isn't parked in public that often. I will use the REVELCO anytime the TRX is in a questionable location (hotel, airport, movie theater etc), remote start be damned.

If the plug is on, will the remote start function like normal? In case the truck is parked in a trusted location?
Yes. If you leave the plug connected auto start will work. Defeats the purpose of it, but I plan on doing the same on occasion.
 
Anyone have the Ravelco installed already in the TRX? Wanted to see pictures of where you guys installed it.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top