RAVELCO THREAD

I plan on going the Ravelco route too especially knowing you can ditch the hideous plug in an inconspicuous spot
what spot would that be Ducc? From what i've seen the best placement is next to the knob where the dash brightness is adjusted. It's not inconspicuous but all the other spots are a problem for tall guys with long legs.
 
I installed it as soon as I picked up my truck. I live in Houston, TX so I do not mind losing the remote start feature. The remote start feature is nice in the winter I am sure up north to warm up the truck before getting inside, but it never gets that cold down here. That being said it does get rather hot in the summer here. But I specifically got a white truck because after having a number of dark colors and black vehicles, I decided the Texas heat was just to unbearable for those colors. With a white vehicle, you notice a remarkable difference in the inside tempature. Plus I have also tinted the front windshield and sunroof as well as use a sunvisor during the summer. So I don't mind not having the remote start feature during the summer months either.

As far as the Ravelco kill switch. I install it on all of my vehicles. It is a proven product and it works. There are other kill switches out there and some of them are stealthier than the Ravelco. The Ravelco is installed in the open and there are stickers on both front door windshields. So, Ravelco, is out there as a deterrent to the professional thieves who when they see it is installed, they will ususally pass the vehicle by because it is not worth the hassel. As far as the theif that wants to break in and rifle through the center console or glove box? Well, I just installed a Lock'R'Down safe last weekend to lock up my valuables IE (Radar Detector, etc).
 
what spot would that be Ducc? From what i've seen the best placement is next to the knob where the dash brightness is adjusted. It's not inconspicuous but all the other spots are a problem for tall guys with long legs.
Was hoping to pull off something like this, ideally. Screenshot_20220108-130740_Google.webp
 
So you can’t legally carry and you can’t protect your investment?
Why do you punish yourself living in that horrible state?
I think there is an installer NJ if it’s not far for you. Don’t know where in NY you live.
Agree with you. I'm from Miami, moved here because I married an Italian that can't stay away from her parents. In the future will def move back. Yes, you pay taxes here and pray nobody takes your shit. You try or dare to shoot someone who broke into your home you'll go to jail and you'll have a joyride in the hands of a hard left state prosecutor. You can get off at the end, but get ready to waste all your life savings in the process. Sound like fun right?
Anyways I hope this thread stays sunny happy so it doesn't get shut down right away so let's thank how things are and only share TRX related content. Thats the way we all live today, pissed off because you can't have anything without worrying but have to act like it's all good and we are on the right path
 
Was hoping to pull off something like this, ideally. View attachment 31272
That would be a nice spot to lock/unlock it but I agree about the leg room potential issue. With the ravelco, I wonder if it makes any difference if the thieves see the device prior to breaking in, meaning do the aholes have ways around it or is it a dead end to their adventure once it's installed?
 
I'm in Huntington...let me know if you find a good solution.
Will do bud. I see so many TRXs here on Long Island am amazed havent heard of thefts yet in this area being we are so close to the big rats nest apple.
Most likely we will be directed to install it on our own shop of choice which kind of sucks being we are hoping this is a legit solution, would suck to still get out truck stolen due to improper/shitty install? Maybe I'm just paranoid
 
DUCC dont. Not enough leg space. Once you'll get your truck you'll see what i'm talking about
That bad huh? Yea without having the truck or even sitting in one this is just wishful thinking. 😔

I do like the concept of black plasti-dip to help it blend in a bit.
 
I installed it as soon as I picked up my truck. I live in Houston, TX so I do not mind losing the remote start feature. The remote start feature is nice in the winter I am sure up north to warm up the truck before getting inside, but it never gets that cold down here. That being said it does get rather hot in the summer here. But I specifically got a white truck because after having a number of dark colors and black vehicles, I decided the Texas heat was just to unbearable for those colors. With a white vehicle, you notice a remarkable difference in the inside tempature. Plus I have also tinted the front windshield and sunroof as well as use a sunvisor during the summer. So I don't mind not having the remote start feature during the summer months either.

As far as the Ravelco kill switch. I install it on all of my vehicles. It is a proven product and it works. There are other kill switches out there and some of them are stealthier than the Ravelco. The Ravelco is installed in the open and there are stickers on both front door windshields. So, Ravelco, is out there as a deterrent to the professional thieves who when they see it is installed, they will ususally pass the vehicle by because it is not worth the hassel. As far as the theif that wants to break in and rifle through the center console or glove box? Well, I just installed a Lock'R'Down safe last weekend to lock up my valuables IE (Radar Detector, etc).
Great to know about the details, thank you. Care to share what the decals look like in your truck?
 
That would be a nice spot to lock/unlock it but I agree about the leg room potential issue. With the ravelco, I wonder if it makes any difference if the thieves see the device prior to breaking in, meaning do the aholes have ways around it or is it a dead end to their adventure once it's installed?
I have it in this exact location and there are no issues with leg room. I have plenty of room and there is not any interference.
 
That bad huh? Yea without having the truck or even sitting in one this is just wishful thinking. 😔

I do like the concept of black plasti-dip to help it blend in a bit.
off topic. Did you get a payout amount from chapman?
I have it in this exact location and there are no issues with leg room. I have plenty of room and there is not any interference.
How tall are you? I'm 6'4 and I'm telling ya, there's no leg room.
 
off topic. Did you get a payout amount from chapman?

How tall are you? I'm 6'4 and I'm telling ya, there's no leg room.
I’m 6’ which may make a difference. Never once have I caught a leg or foot on it but I know there are some bigger guys on this thread. My installer was super helpful and put it a few locations to make sure I was comfortable with it before final installation.
 
off topic. Did you get a payout amount from chapman?

How tall are you? I'm 6'4 and I'm telling ya, there's no leg room.
Payout amount? I've received nothing from Chapman except responses to my status inquiries.
 
This along with Addshocksensor.com kit would be quite effective and only be around $900 installed. I like the idea of a shock sensor along with the Ravelco. If they do indeed work together. I've asked.

I do wish the remote start worked without the plug inserted, but that isn't that big of a deal. Mine will fit in a garage, so that would really only come into play when out and about when it's really hot. That said, it's all about mitigation. If you've parked in a very secure and filmed area then I would be ok leaving the plug in. Just depends.
Filmed? I’ve had a vehicle stolen in less than 60 seconds parked directly under a camera. Know it was less than 60 seconds because we went back and watched. Some of them are just scum and could careless.
 
Since I live in So. Cal, I checked the price which is $649.95 + tax unless you are a AAA member which gets a discount of 10% which takes care of the tax. Only takes a couple of days to schedule installation at your site.
 
How will FCA deal with the warranty when it comes to this device installed? Especially because they're failing to properly design the security.
I’ve been asking this in several threads now… would like to know as well.

Will installing this device void our warranties?
 
The slick solution I saw…

A hidden toggle on the gas peddle harness.

Remote start works…. And a thief might start your truck, but he ain’t gonna drive it without a gas peddle. So unless he’s there with a flat bed or is a mechanical whiz, he’s not going to figure out how to get it to
Move.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top