RAVELCO THREAD

So now and forever every thief who googles Ravelco can View this and knows exactly how it’s installed and is closer to defeating it. Great.......

I sure wouldn’t post that........ you’ve now potentially put us at risk......





.
I can deleted but I didn't write it. I found it by searching " how to steal a TRX with Ravelco".
 
If someone is going to undo it, they’re going to undo it. My installer told me that it would take a knowledgeable person about 1.5 hours to do it (and a rookie twice as long).
 
Reposting it only makes it worse and puts more iterations out there for viewing. If you truly served in the USAF you should know that goes against all OPSEC.....

And your post in 442 potentially puts us all at greater risk..

.
I edited my post. Hope it brings you closure . I strongly believe I'm not the only one that can use google.com tho
 
FWIW, the Ravelco is a delay until RAM gets their heads out of their asses and pushes out the update that disables KEY FOB reprogramming(or makes it more difficult, requiring more input to do so).

The hellcat theft party has to end if RAM cares about their vehicle reputation. I can't see how someone from that company hasn't yet stumbled on stupid threads like this one and how much attention repetitive theft gets from TRX owners.

It seems guys that oppose a Ravelco have had their trucks for little time and didn't spend enough time in this forum. The "I have insurance" option would not be sufficient for most who don't want to get back in line waiting for a truck.
 
Take your own conclusions :

For those wondering about the defeatability of this device, this is buried in the thread. What's shown in the YouTube is doable for anyone with some 12V wiring understanding and a multimeter.

The fact is, Ravelco isn't magical or 100% theft proof. It is really just another take on a kill switch. But, the average thief comes equipped for a certain flavor of thievery, and when the job isn't what they came equipped for, they'll move on. Most thieves don't come equipped for this.
 
I intend on getting it. It is better than nothing.
 
I think it is significantly better than nothing. Unless they are a master electrician, have cloned you fob or crawled through your broken window, and have at least 90 minutes and access to under the hood...they have to tow it.

Grab a addashocksensor and a tracker and you should deter 99.9% of thieves.
 
For those wondering about the defeatability of this device, this is buried in the thread. What's shown in the YouTube is doable for anyone with some 12V wiring understanding and a multimeter.

The fact is, Ravelco isn't magical or 100% theft proof. It is really just another take on a kill switch. But, the average thief comes equipped for a certain flavor of thievery, and when the job isn't what they came equipped for, they'll move on. Most thieves don't come equipped for this.
That video is of a knock off Revelco. Tons were sold outside the US while back and can be defeated.
 
For those wondering about the defeatability of this device, this is buried in the thread. What's shown in the YouTube is doable for anyone with some 12V wiring understanding and a multimeter.

The fact is, Ravelco isn't magical or 100% theft proof. It is really just another take on a kill switch. But, the average thief comes equipped for a certain flavor of thievery, and when the job isn't what they came equipped for, they'll move on. Most thieves don't come equipped for this.

Reportedly this was faked.
 
I had a buddy who bought a car with a Ravelco in college. I've been up close and personal with the system and he and I investigated the work to remove it from his car and decided not to. The method shown in the video would work to defeat it. Whether or not a thief off the street could defeat it in the time they did it in the video is up for debate. But, I speak from experience, it can be defeated. Also, ask yourself, who was the source that said this was faked? (spoiler alert - as discussed in the thread above, Ravelco claims it was faked)

The take away is that it's a good option, if you're OK with plugging in the fob, but it is not magic.
 
Last edited:
I'm sure it can. But, amazingly no true video exists for us to see. I can see 8,543,325 tik tok videos on everything from cooking steak to proper hand job angles, but in 40 years and 5 million units sold not one showing someone getting around Ravelco.

Amazing, when you think about it.

Or, maybe it is such a good deterrent that they just move right along.

Sure, anything can be defeated. The way to defeat Ravelco is with a flatbed.
 
I’ve been lurking this thread for awhile now and I got a question. To avoid the risk of posting it in the thread for would be thieves to see would someone who has the Revelco installed in their TRX and has some knowledge of the electrical hookup be willing to answer some questions through PM for me? I’m still awaiting my TRX but like most here am considering this for extra security.

Thanks.
 
I’ve been lurking this thread for awhile now and I got a question. To avoid the risk of posting it in the thread for would be thieves to see would someone who has the Revelco installed in their TRX and has some knowledge of the electrical hookup be willing to answer some questions through PM for me? I’m still awaiting my TRX but like most here am considering this for extra security.

Thanks.
Go on fellas. Can someone who's gotten this system set up step up and give direct advice on how this can be possibly defated to a Noob with 1 message on this forum.
You must be either very naive or a real ballsy burglar wanting to patent ways to steal TRXs with Ravelcos. Which one is it
 
Last edited:
Easy fix is locking the ability to duplicate/add new key fobs and add 2 Factor Authentication to do so at the dealer. Seems like an easy software fix.
I read somewhere that is in a nutshell the supposed update Dodge is already offering challengers/Chargers.

Maybe someone who's done them can chime in
 
I read somewhere that is in a nutshell the supposed update Dodge is already offering challengers/Chargers.

Maybe someone who's done them can chime in

Well if using the algorithm and timing of RAM/Stellantis building trucks as an example, I don’t think they care about those who buy their vehicles 🤣
 
Well if using the algorithm and timing of RAM/Stellantis building trucks as an example, I don’t think they care about those who buy their vehicles 🤣
No shit. I have my Ravelco appt tomorrow morning and I think I'm going to sleep in my truck tonight. This theft shit show has gone way too far IMO and RAM doesn't seem to give a rats a*s
 
Go on fellas. Can someone who's gotten this system set up step up and give direct advice on how this can be possibly defated to a Noob with 1 message on this forum.
You must be either very naive or a real ballsy burglar wanting to patent ways to steal TRXs with Ravelcos. Which one is it

I can assure you I am neither. I just don’t post on forums unless I either have a question or an answer. I don’t have my TRX yet so I really cannot provide answers so I don’t post. I am on the RAM tracker with my VIN. Not that it really means much.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top