RAVELCO THREAD

ChemLab

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I'm betting that's right. If it were that easy I'm sure it would've been tried and documented in the US by now.

e3man

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
13 Raptor
Current Ride #2
14 CTS-V
Chuck installed my Ravelco device today, here's my overall experience:

I emailed them Friday late evening, I received an email within the hour with information. Chuck actually called me Saturday morning to discuss my needs. Monday morning at 0730 I received email confirmation of my install date on Thursday (today) at my home in Maryland. I also received a text alerting me to the appointment email.

Chuck texted me today when we was 2 hours away, then again when he was 10 minutes out. Chuck and his partner Megan arrived at the exact time promised. We discussed the install, I left them alone and they went to work.

He installed mine in the location shown several times above, but rather than the cap visible and facing the seat, he did a vertical installation where i install the cap from the bottom. The device literally cannot be seen unless you put your head down in the footwell and look up for it. There is a black covering matching the OEM wire looming that covers much of the metal shielded harness. Installation looks like RAM did it.

Chuck is a great, energetic guy full of stories. He's very appreciative, truly loves what he does and is a wealth of knowledge about hardening vehicles. They even texted me after leaving thanking me for the opportunity.

From the communication, to installation quality, to knowledge transfer at the end I literally do not know how my experience could have been any better with Chuck and Megan. As they left we joked that his phone will be blowing up with more TRX installs. He knows me as John with the Black TRX in Southern Maryland.

good luck....
Great to hear. Chuck will be my installer too(unless he retires before I get my truck:ROFLMAO:). Like the sound of your installation location.

DaygoTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
21’ Escalade, 20’ m550i
Current Ride #2
22' Trx
This may be a stupid question, but does installing the Ravelco mess with warranty or anything like that? Will the dealership try to pull a fast one and say they cant cover me if something unrelated were to happen with the vehicle?

SexyRexy

Sexy TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'18 TACO
Current Ride #2
Ordered '22 TRX
Military
Air Force
Getting dark now, I'll take some pics tomorrow. Not much to see. ☺️

And a pro tip from Chuck, he provided carabiners to attach the cups to my keychains but I wanted something smaller. He said the best keychain couplers that don't break are made by Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife), are all stainless and made in Switzerland. I ordered (3) on Amazon.

Could you post the Amazon link?

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Anybody notice when you ordered the Ravelco the order said "your payment is on hold until we complete your installation".
Not too common, most folks take the money now and figure shtuff out later if it gets sideways.

Hello4x

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trx
I called their Chicago installer but his message said he was out until end of February/early March. Really want this product!

OK67TRX

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Granite Crystal Metallic/Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2007 Dodge 5.9, 2000 C5 Vette, 2018 jeep JL Rubicon
Anybody notice when you ordered the Ravelco the order said "your payment is on hold until we complete your installation".
Not too common, most folks take the money now and figure shtuff out later if it gets sideways.
Did you order from a dealer?

StuM

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Raptor, TRX Ignition Edition on order
Military
USNR, Lt, retired
They take payment after the install in complete, on site.

jonny_pockets

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
They already tried stealing my truck once in my driveway. Just got my quote and waiting for install date

2BCB596F-0955-4F4C-9045-5FD553D82FA6.jpeg

Johnkn

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
They take payment after the install in complete, on site.
And if appropriate and you are impressed with the experience, a gratuity is appreciated just as with any service.

I’ve never regretted paying for the best, many times I’ve regretted buying the low bid.

Malibuvin

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Mercedes SL550R
Military
Air Force
jonny
Although it looks like you might have a warning light outside. A Ring Floodlight Pro could be a great addition to your driveway. In this case it would light the place up, notify you on you phone there is a person outside, you could talk to him through the camera or just push a siren button. It is pretty good security for $250.00.

jonny_pockets

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
jonny
Although it looks like you might have a warning light outside. A Ring Floodlight Pro could be a great addition to your driveway. In this case it would light the place up, notify you on you phone there is a person outside, you could talk to him through the camera or just push a siren button. It is pretty good security for $250.00.

I have hardwired cameras and ring cameras in the driveway, they don’t care. I was knocked out and had my phone on silent that night. In so love ring cameras though. I think they are great

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Sh!t, they stole my neighbors Ring after they rummaged thru their car :ROFLMAO:. No shame.

e3man

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
13 Raptor
Current Ride #2
14 CTS-V
I think the lights help them see LOL. These lowlifes don't care one bit.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com