RAVELCO THREAD

Atleast ring gives you a free replacement camera if it gets stolen
Thieves used to hide from cameras because they feared getting caught. Now they know in many places police won't even care to see footage and if the thieves do get caught will be out same week.
Cameras have become a bonus steal in addition to the truck. 'Merica 22
 
Thieves used to hide from cameras because they feared getting caught. Now they know in many places police won't even care to see footage and if the thieves do get caught will be out same week.
Cameras have become a bonus steal in addition to the truck. 'Merica 22
Gotta’ begin treating them like the horse thrives of old!
 
My experience has been absolutely contrary. Communication has been nothing short of perfect, my installation is tomorrow morning at my home. Chuck installing mine apparently has the most experience of any installers aligned with Ravelco and has been one of the most genuine, courteous people I’ve ever spoken to, emailed, or texted. Not sure what’s so ugly about it, it can’t really be seen when driving or with the door closed. My installed price with tax is ~$675 at my house. My installer stated he would work with me on locations but I’m inclined to just go with the traditional location shown above. There’s one pic above of the cap painted back and the device installed in the leather panel, not sure how it gets much better than that if that’s the location of choice.

I believe there are separate entities, the manufacturer Ravelco, and their approved installers.....


.
John,

I just got off the phone with Chuck and he shared some pics of his work and location on the TRX. One of these might be your truck. He sounds like a very meticulously detailed installer. I wish I lived closer, so he could do my truck. Looks like I’m going to drive to Texas to have my install.
Here are pics: Enjoy

 
Just had mine installed this am by Bill in the DFW area. I called yesterday morning and he came out to my house today just before noon. Install took almost 2 hours and paid in cash, after AAA discount came to $500.
 
Just had mine installed this am by Bill in the DFW area. I called yesterday morning and he came out to my house today just before noon. Install took almost 2 hours and paid in cash, after AAA discount came to $500.

Big B,

Chuck, the Ravelco installer in NJ recommend Bill to me in DFW. I live in Oklahoma. Where did you put your mount?
 
I am 6’4” with long legs so Bill suggested a spot that would be easily accessee. We tried 5 or 6 spots until we decided.
 

Attachments

  • EC2BFA2D-A84C-4EB5-8969-CBAF4430D1E6.webp
    EC2BFA2D-A84C-4EB5-8969-CBAF4430D1E6.webp
    184.5 KB · Views: 166
Big B,

Chuck, the Ravelco installer in NJ recommend Bill to me in DFW. I live in Oklahoma. Where did you put your mount?
 

Attachments

  • D4564190-54C1-4D09-83AD-B498A9892CA8.webp
    D4564190-54C1-4D09-83AD-B498A9892CA8.webp
    210.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 81E3C56B-B4C2-401E-8AE8-76461C3F382B.webp
    81E3C56B-B4C2-401E-8AE8-76461C3F382B.webp
    184.5 KB · Views: 147
Screenshot_20220114-124618_Google.webp
Just customize it to only gay car thieves would steal this truck and there you go. Problem solved

**I'm not worried about the truck being stolen its a very small percentage. If it does happen it is what it is but I would gladly take the under if I was betting
 
I am 6’4” with long legs so Bill suggested a spot that would be easily accessee. We tried 5 or 6 spots until we decided.
Nice Job! That’s definitely out of the way!
 
Bill was my installer as well in DFW area. Good guy, clean install, prompt and courteous.
 
I know this is a ravelco thread. But anyone go the igla route?
 
@Big B

That's great! Easy to just pop in and pop off when you're standing on the ground, I'm guessing.
Yes, that was the point. Open the door and put in the plug before getting in. Out of the way so it won’t affect my leg placement on road trips.
 
Unfortunately I had to reschedule my install to the end of the month. I can't fit my Rex inside my garage and the weather is really nasty today.
Have been dealing with Chuck from Ravelco and he's been a real pleasure to deal with.
I stopped by my Ram dealer to check on an orange IE they just got and ask if they had heard of any talks about security updates or TRXs(suspected they wouldnt, of course). None of the sales guys I deal with knew of that problem happening with any dodge hellcats/TRXs, completely clueless.
I don't see Ram offering any software update anytime soon for our trucks.
 
I live in the Houston area, so was fortunate enough to have the father and son installation team that trains all of Ravelco's installers take care of my installation this morning. They were so polite, my innate skepticism had me concerned at first that they were full-of-sh#t snake oil salesmen. But, it didn't take long to conclude they were funny and nice professionals.

They called b/s on the Russian video that showed the device being bypassed. They wore non-abrasive clothing with no zippers or buttons that might scratch the paint as they leaned into the engine compartment. They vacuumed up after the install. I opted to have them install the stickers on the driver's and passenger's windows, as I can always remove them if I change my mind. From arrival at my home to me pulling the TRX back into the garage was under an hour.

I will say their online and emailed ordering and pre-installation instructions were detailed, long and rather rigid--reminding me of the SNL "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Pepsi" skit and Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi"--but I'm fine with no-nonsense business people focused on efficiency for themselves and their customers. My phone conversations, their texts and the face to face dialogue was nothing but pleasant and professional.

In net, I overcame my initial device-focused and personnel-focused skepticism, and will now be able to park my TRX just about anywhere (within reason) with heightened confidence.
 
I contacted a Ravelco dealer in my area today and I have tentatively scheduled mine for install once I can get my truck built and delivered to the dealership. Yeah, it is not the most ideal way to protect our trucks (no remote start) but if it means I have to sit in my truck for a few minutes to warm it up knowing it is where I left it when I parked, it is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
 
No dealer in Iowa either. I just got an email from them saying I could purchase directly from them and have a mechanic of my choice install it in approximately 1-2 hours ($100-200). Still thinking, I hate to lose my remote start.
Contact Ravelco Midwest. They are doing my install and said they have done some in Des Moines also.
 
Last edited:
What happens when your truck is running and you pull the plug out? Does the entire truck just shut down?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top