RAVELCO THREAD

I suspect a thief who's figured out how to program a new key on the fly or has tracked down a key signal repeater from Alibaba is smart enough to work a multimeter. I think the logic of a Revelco is that, upon seeing it, that thief will move on the next vehicle that's easier to steal.

On the other hand, once Ram releases the RF Hub security update, our trucks won't be susceptible to theft by reprogramming the computer to a new key. And we all have control over the repeater scenario - i.e., don't store your key near your truck or store it in a Faraday box/bag.

At the end of the day, I'd much rather have the RF Hub security update than lug a big ass Revelco fob on my key chain.
I agree with you and don't think anyone is getting this ravelco for the looks.
Just going by how fast(NOT)RAM has addressed this issue, and how insanely delayed it is to get a replacement TRX in the event of a theft, the Ravelco combined with another security seems like a must IMHO.

I actually had thought "fuck it" I'll get something else if it gets stolen. Issue is to me there are no other trucks that I would want to get besides the TRX, so I'll have to go right to the end of the line. Not happening
 
Last edited:
So assumi

I agree with you and don't think anyone is getting this ravelco for the looks.
Just going by how fast(NOT)RAM has address this issue, and how insanely delayed it is to get a replacement TRX in the event of a theft, the Ravelco combined with another security seems like a must IMHO.

I actually had thought "fuck it" I'll get something else if it gets stolen. Issue is to me there are no other trucks that I would want to get besides the TRX, so I'll have to go right to the end of the line. Not happening
at the End of the line you will probably get your truck faster than those that ordered months ago
 
Does anybody know how/where to order an extra pair of the Ravelco window stickers? Asking for a friend 😁
 
So assuming the car in that video had a keyed ignition, the key would have been turned on so the plugs could have had any power, correct? In other words, with a push button type ignition the plugs would not have any power at any time?

Even our push-button start has the one-push ACC mode on, and 2nd push Run mode on. Holding the button down is simply replacing the old key full-twist to start the engine. The thief would still need a way to fool the fob to be able to activate the push-button. They aren't going to sit there in a parking lot with a test light, leads, and sketch out a diagram.

That video is more useful for if you need to start your vehicle if you have the key, but lost the Ravelco plug.
 
Even our push-button start has the one-push ACC mode on, and 2nd push Run mode on. Holding the button down is simply replacing the old key full-twist to start the engine. The thief would still need a way to fool the fob to be able to activate the push-button. They aren't going to sit there in a parking lot with a test light, leads, and sketch out a diagram.

That video is more useful for if you need to start your vehicle if you have the key, but lost the Ravelco plug.
This weekend when I get my system installed will play this video to the installer and ask him how did that happen and howfully get more info to post here.
 
This weekend when I get my system installed will play this video to the installer and ask him how did that happen and howfully get more info to post here.
After doing a little more research, there are some knock-offs out there that mimic the Ravelco device but not 100% duplicate them. Who even knows if the video is truly the real deal or just fake news. The way I see it, if the bad guy wants my truck bad enough, they will get it...but it will have to be towed which lessens the likelihood to a much more acceptable percentage.
 
While I agree the manufacturer should have developed a more secure system, the plug is less than half the size of your key. But we can complain about it, or walk/uber home when our truck gets stolen and still have the key in our pocket. Or, we can do something to help avoid that situation. I already had one truck theft foiled by this simple plug, so I know it works.
Nine Ball, with the device installed in your location, do you just put the cap on when standing on the ground before you get in the truck, then remove it after you get out? or is it easily reachable when seated? thank you.....


.
 
Thank you, it seems that in that location it would be easiest to insert or revo

Nine Ball, with the device installed in your location, do you just put the cap on when standing on the ground before you get in the truck, then remove it when you get out? thank you.....


.
Either way works. There is a "Ravelco" printed on the cap that lines up with the plug, and a small notch that lines up between the cap/plug. It isn't difficult to insert or remove from the seated position.
 
This weekend when I get my system installed will play this video to the installer and ask him how did that happen and howfully get more info to post here.
Good idea. I am interested in what they say. I can already say that the video guy had the door open - you cannot open the door with the alarm turned on or it will sound. So that is one thing that leads me to think it is not quite as easy as depicted.
 
Nine Ball, with the device installed in your location, do you just put the cap on when standing on the ground before you get in the truck, then remove it after you get out? or is it easily reachable when seated? thank you.....


.
That’s exactly how I use mine. Easy, quick and simple. In that location, it does not impact my legs either. I never even see it, while driving. Those who complain about “an ugly, big plug” need to find real things to get their panties in such wads!
 
That’s exactly how I use mine. Easy, quick and simple. In that location, it does not impact my legs either. I never even see it, while driving. Those who complain about “an ugly, big plug” need to find real things to get their panties in such wads!
1641956077107.webp
 
Austin Ravelco got back to me - busier than a one legg...well, you know.

After reading about Viper and how you'd need to use their remotes and such, I think a Ravelco and shock sensors will be the best combo. Ravelco states their system will not interfere with any additional measures.

So, shock sensor will sound if they bust a window, open the door is a no go too, and Ravelco will not let the truck start. I suppose I'll search for a tracker as well. I would like to find one where the battery lasts at least a month or two, or can be wired.
 
Hi All,
New to the forum, the Dallas area, and a new TRX owner.

2 weeks after getting to Texas I had my Trackhawk stolen at DFW. I was not in the know of all the Dodge thefts, the easy fob copy and especially all the theft from DFW, painfully aware now. Luckily, I had my TRX on order and it showed up just as my claim was getting settled with insurance. Crazy how life works out sometimes.

All said, I was terrified to drive the TRX anywhere until today. I had a Ravelco installed this morning and the feeling of relief and safety driving around now is well worth the $.

I have no affiliation with Ravelco and am not here to advertise but am a very satisfied customer from original call, scheduling, very clean installation, and knowledge transfer from the onsite tech. It took him about 2.5 hours to get everything installed.

I would provide the name and contact details here but I'm not sure what is/is not allowed by the moderator of this forum.
After recently having my TrackHawk stolen and the story of the middle of day TRX Home Depot theft, I admittedly took an Uber to a few places over the past week. All that behind me now.

Pics of install location I chose. Was going to hide it but this spot is an additional theft deterrent IMO and only the driver can see it. Lastly, its on a bracket off and existing bolt, no new holes anywhere with this install. Remove the entire system and you would be back to stock.

Hope this helps.
- FNG
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.56.58 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.56.58 PM.webp
    302.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.57.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.57.09 PM.webp
    280 KB · Views: 133
Hi All,
New to the forum, the Dallas area, and a new TRX owner.

2 weeks after getting to Texas I had my Trackhawk stolen at DFW. I was not in the know of all the Dodge thefts, the easy fob copy and especially all the theft from DFW, painfully aware now. Luckily, I had my TRX on order and it showed up just as my claim was getting settled with insurance. Crazy how life works out sometimes.

All said, I was terrified to drive the TRX anywhere until today. I had a Ravelco installed this morning and the feeling of relief and safety driving around now is well worth the $.

I have no affiliation with Ravelco and am not here to advertise but am a very satisfied customer from original call, scheduling, very clean installation, and knowledge transfer from the onsite tech. It took him about 2.5 hours to get everything installed.

I would provide the name and contact details here but I'm not sure what is/is not allowed by the moderator of this forum.
After recently having my TrackHawk stolen and the story of the middle of day TRX Home Depot theft, I admittedly took an Uber to a few places over the past week. All that behind me now.

Pics of install location I chose. Was going to hide it but this spot is an additional theft deterrent IMO and only the driver can see it. Lastly, its on a bracket off and existing bolt, no new holes anywhere with this install. Remove the entire system and you would be back to stock.

Hope this helps.
- FNG
Great info! I like that location. Does the key fob attached interfere with your left leg position. I was sitting in my truck today looking at that location and thought that might be a problem.
 
Great info! I like that location. Does the key fob attached interfere with your left leg position. I was sitting in my truck today looking at that location and thought that might be a problem.
I had the same concern and it does not interfere. There is a cap that comes with/hangs off the mounted receptacle plug. I removed that as it hung even lower. All said, this thing is much smaller than I was expecting, not an eye sore mounted down there (to each their own opinion) and I'm happy to have it. I'm 6.4 so everything is always in the way of my legs/feet and this is a non-issue. Installer sat there and watched me decide for 10 mins. He noted that the TRX owners are the most particular of the bunch in terms of placement. Makes sense, see last 9 pages of this thread :)
 
I had the same concern and it does not interfere. There is a cap that comes with/hangs off the mounted receptacle plug. I removed that as it hung even lower. All said, this thing is much smaller than I was expecting, not an eye sore mounted down there (to each their own opinion) and I'm happy to have it. I'm 6.4 so everything is always in the way of my legs/feet and this is a non-issue. Installer sat there and watched me decide for 10 mins. He noted that the TRX owners are the most particular of the bunch in terms of placement. Makes sense, see last 9 pages of this thread :)
Thank you!
 
what spot would that be Ducc? From what i've seen the best placement is next to the knob where the dash brightness is adjusted. It's not inconspicuous but all the other spots are a problem for tall guys with long legs.
I also live in the Houston area and after I talked to several Ravelco installers I have decided to pass on their product. Descent product that has not changed since the seventies. The company refuses to flush mount their product or make customer service a priority. I was told point blank we will not accommodate and we do not need your business. So I passed. Any company with that attitude will never get my business. Fully knowing that my comment may be considered liablous I will welcome any legal ramifications if revelco chooses to do so. I have the emails and recorded phone call to back my claim. I simply told their lead installer they have an ugly product that they mount in the easiest location and quickly get in and get out. As a professional electrical engineering tech,I called him out as a “Technical Hack”. I have chose to use my custom car alarm installer to put in a very incognito series of aux switches already in our truck to be used as a kill switch. As long as two of my aux switches are turned on the truck works fine. When I get out of truck I turn off two switches that kills power to starter.
250 dollars and keeps all my remote features on my key fob except remote start.
Just saying.
Ravelco if you monitor my post. Good luck with your ugly product and your 847 dollar ugly ass install.
 
I also live in the Houston area and after I talked to several Ravelco installers I have decided to pass on their product. Descent product that has not changed since the seventies. The company refuses to flush mount their product or make customer service a priority. I was told point blank we will not accommodate and we do not need your business. So I passed. Any company with that attitude will never get my business. Fully knowing that my comment may be considered liablous I will welcome any legal ramifications if revelco chooses to do so. I have the emails and recorded phone call to back my claim. I simply told their lead installer they have an ugly product that they mount in the easiest location and quickly get in and get out. As a professional electrical engineering tech,I called him out as a “Technical Hack”. I have chose to use my custom car alarm installer to put in a very incognito series of aux switches already in our truck to be used as a kill switch. As long as two of my aux switches are turned on the truck works fine. When I get out of truck I turn off two switches that kills power to starter.
250 dollars and keeps all my remote features on my key fob except remote start.
Just saying.
Ravelco if you monitor my post. Good luck with your ugly product and your 847 dollar ugly ass install.
You sound like the ideal client. I can’t imagine why they would have been so rude. I’m sure they appreciated your candid feedback and will hopefully consider redesigning their product and updating their install technique.
 
Sure wish this forum spell checked worked better. Lol
On a different note,Solis racing provided my incognito pulley. Great customer service.
Foust Motorsport for leveling kit. Great product and even better customer support.
Amp research great product with marginal customer support.
Paraoptics interior led kit good product with terrible technical support.
And last but not least Crutchfield, great customer support and great technical support.
Thx for letting me vent on revelco.
 
You sound like the ideal client. I can’t imagine why they would have been so rude. I’m sure they appreciated your candid feedback and will hopefully consider redesigning their product and updating their install technique.
I took the time to give them remarkable marketing tips like a square black model, offering a simple carbon fiber wrap to cover their product and many more. For them to say they have enough business they make no deviations from their 30 year old product line was so rare to hear from an actual manager owner surprised me. On a different he recognized my last name and we proceeded to get into a pissing match. I told him of my two corvettes and such and trumped with he has a private jet. We ended our telephone conversation with the customary “F,,, y,,,.
I could not make this up. This day in age when anyone can be sued , I fully understand court proceedings. I do not post negative things without fully having “my ducks in a row”. Hope this helps.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top