NEW Introducing the Bomiz Valved Ram TRX Exhaust System. Pre-Order Now!

Not really,

He said he was going to do dyno testing and would be posting it here, etc. I have no interest in this exhaust at this point due to the lack of follow through. Who knows what that 2” pipe into that muffler is doing to the performance. Is it significant? What If it is? That means you’re going to have to leave it open almost always and it’s basically then a straight piped hellcat.

It’ll look at GT haus again.
True! I didn't see that he said that.

If I were replacing my exhaust, GT Haus is where I am going. Wait for the black friday 50% off deal
 
He said he was going to do dyno testing and would be posting it here, etc.
He said that in early December... crickets.
Also...
I also have someone that looks over my socials and responds to DM's accordingly. All service, warranty, replacement, customer help is usually responded within 48 business hours.
Color me skeptical. :cautious:
 
Not really,

He said he was going to do dyno testing and would be posting it here, etc. I have no interest in this exhaust at this point due to the lack of follow through. Who knows what that 2” pipe into that muffler is doing to the performance. Is it significant? What If it is? That means you’re going to have to leave it open almost always and it’s basically then a straight piped hellcat.

It’ll look at GT haus again.

Anybody in the Houston area have access to a dyno?

I’d be willing to put my truck on it and see what happens.
 
Anybody in the Houston area have access to a dyno?

I’d be willing to put my truck on it and see what happens.
hows the noise/sound? functions correctly? you happy with it? its so new i havent seen any reviews
 
hows the noise/sound? functions correctly? you happy with it? its so new i havent seen any reviews
Alright fellas it’s finally in. I still need to run the wiring to the actuators but the hard part is done. I love the sound. It’s not any louder than the stock exhaust driving down the highway until I step on it then you can hear it.

The cold starts are amazing and I can actually hear the exhaust over the BWoody. I installed it with the valves open so I don’t have any sound clips with them closed yet.

I still have some adjustments to make to align the tips and I’m waiting for the coated ones to come in as well
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4113.MOV
    16.9 MB
Let's revive this thread! @PrinceTRX and @aggietrx how are you guys liking the kit? Any drone or drawbacks? Any issues hooking up to Aux switch?

And @Bomiz - any luck getting on a dyno? I personally dont expect much in the way of gains but just want to be sure we're not losing any ponies in quiet mode (or not losing more than a few ponies in quiet mode)
 
Let's revive this thread! @PrinceTRX and @aggietrx how are you guys liking the kit? Any drone or drawbacks? Any issues hooking up to Aux switch?

And @Bomiz - any luck getting on a dyno? I personally dont expect much in the way of gains but just want to be sure we're not losing any ponies in quiet mode (or not losing more than a few ponies in quiet mode)

I love it and don’t have any complaints. The sound is amazing and I can finally hear exhaust noise along with the BWoody intake.

You’re not going to ever want to run in quiet mode. I just close the valves when I start up early in the morning and just leaving my neighborhood road. Other than that the valves are always open.
 
I love it and don’t have any complaints. The sound is amazing and I can finally hear exhaust noise along with the BWoody intake.

You’re not going to ever want to run in quiet mode. I just close the valves when I start up early in the morning and just leaving my neighborhood road. Other than that the valves are always open.
Sounds good man and glad you're still liking it!
 
Reviving this thread again- is everyone in agreement that has installed this that the exhaust in closed mode is quieter than stock? I need something quieter for early morning starts so i dont wake the family up.
 
Reviving this thread again- is everyone in agreement that has installed this that the exhaust in closed mode is quieter than stock? I need something quieter for early morning starts so i dont wake the family up.
Just go for the banana in the tailpipe :ROFLMAO:
 
Yes it does quiet it down to drive out of the neighborhood. That’s the only time I have the actuators closed.
 
Reviving this thread again- is everyone in agreement that has installed this that the exhaust in closed mode is quieter than stock? I need something quieter for early morning starts so i dont wake the family up.
Just finished installing the Bomiz valved exhaust, and here's a little feedback;

Valves open: Sounds awesome, and super aggressive (as expected). About 50-60% louder than stock on WOT, but around town cruising, its maybe 5-10% louder than stock. This is how I would want the truck to come from the factory. Also, the drone around 15-1700 RPM on the stock setup is gone. Highway cruising is no issue, and I'd gladly leave the valves open doing 80 mpg for 2 hours.

Valves closed: about 30-40% quieter than stock. Very noticeably removes the heavy bass from the exhaust, which in my case, is what shook all the windows of my house, my neighbors house, etc. Sounds about like a stock 1500. Its very obvious that the high-flow cats are working overtime though, and you start to smell them after only 30 seconds of idling. Open the valves, and she clears right up. I probably won't keep the valves closed for much spirited driving, but if you want a "quiet mode" this is the ticket.

Customer service is pretty lacking, and my order didn't show up with any instructions whatsoever. Fitment was pretty challenging, and I had to end up using a torch to bend one of the flanges so it would mate with the stock flange. I emailed Bomiz about "How do I hook this up to the Aux switches power instead of the wireless remote?" and they still have yet to answer.
 
Hey @Everyone,

I'm so sorry for my lack of support on the forums. We moved warehouses, redid our inventory, and I have my team getting everything set so installation and wiring is a breeze with videos and pdf instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It's legit my favorite TRX out there.


Also, MY TRX GOT STOLEN IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE IN FEBRUARY!!
 
Hey @Everyone,

I'm so sorry for my lack of support on the forums. We moved warehouses, redid our inventory, and I have my team getting everything set so installation and wiring is a breeze with videos and pdf instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It's legit my favorite TRX out there.


Also, MY TRX GOT STOLEN IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE IN FEBRUARY!!
sorry to hear about your TRX. That stinks. IGLA for the next one for sure. Added piece of mind.
 
sorry to hear about your TRX. That stinks. IGLA for the next one for sure. Added piece of mind.
Yeah it sucks, I put 40k miles in less than 2 years. Favorite truck I've owned. Luckily state farm is paying a very reasonable price for it.
I build custom BMW M3 wagons for my own collection and will be using one as a daily.
 
Yeah it sucks, I put 40k miles in less than 2 years. Favorite truck I've owned. Luckily state farm is paying a very reasonable price for it.
I build custom BMW M3 wagons for my own collection and will be using one as a daily.
Where in OC do you live? I'm in South OC
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top