NEW Introducing the Bomiz Valved Ram TRX Exhaust System. Pre-Order Now!

Just received mine on Saturday; next week the truck is getting ppf, tint, and this installed. 😁
 
Last edited:
Just received mine on Saturday; next week the truck is getting ppf, tint, and this installed. 😁
I'm starting to get concerned......I can't get any response at all....ordered 3 weeks ago and have heard zero.....you installed yours?
 
I'm starting to get concerned......I can't get any response at all....ordered 3 weeks ago and have heard zero.....you installed yours?
It took a few weeks and then all of a sudden I got a UPS notification. Mine is being installed this coming weekend.
 
@Bomiz I have my TRX at the shop now with the exhaust, he said there's no instructions, links, QR codes, or anything that shows how to install with the AUX button to open/close the actuators. Do you have anything...quick?
 
Just finished installing the Bomiz valved exhaust, and here's a little feedback;

Valves open: Sounds awesome, and super aggressive (as expected). About 50-60% louder than stock on WOT, but around town cruising, its maybe 5-10% louder than stock. This is how I would want the truck to come from the factory. Also, the drone around 15-1700 RPM on the stock setup is gone. Highway cruising is no issue, and I'd gladly leave the valves open doing 80 mpg for 2 hours.

Valves closed: about 30-40% quieter than stock. Very noticeably removes the heavy bass from the exhaust, which in my case, is what shook all the windows of my house, my neighbors house, etc. Sounds about like a stock 1500. Its very obvious that the high-flow cats are working overtime though, and you start to smell them after only 30 seconds of idling. Open the valves, and she clears right up. I probably won't keep the valves closed for much spirited driving, but if you want a "quiet mode" this is the ticket.

Customer service is pretty lacking, and my order didn't show up with any instructions whatsoever. Fitment was pretty challenging, and I had to end up using a torch to bend one of the flanges so it would mate with the stock flange. I emailed Bomiz about "How do I hook this up to the Aux switches power instead of the wireless remote?" and they still have yet to answer.
How did you wire to the AUX button?
 
I need to revive the thread....after impatiently waiting for right at 6 weeks I had it installed today....not really for the faint of heart or a dyi in my opinion. I'm guessing these are built one at a time by hand and have some variance in fitment but nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle....little trimming and bending and adding a couple of hangers to get the tips lined perfectly. They wouldn't touch the wiring so I did that myself... I have to give props to Brian (@Bomiz) for withstanding my barrage of calls and texts but thru it all he was extremely helpful and patient (a good set of instructions for the wiring would help). His harness worked perfect for the aux switch and works flawlessly. I also have to say I was extremely impressed with the fabrication and beauty of the system (even though it doesn't get seen) and the blk tips are sweet. Now to the sound.....closed valves it is very quiet.....more than stock so for me that will only be used for cold starts on early mornings......valves open it sounds similar to the slp's I had but smoother....no rasp and zero drone....on the inside you think it is quieter than the slp but when you listen outside to idle very similar.....wide open throttle is pure hellcat. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the result. Thanks again Brian....outstanding system and I certainly appreciate your patience!!
 
Any plans for a raptor r exhaust?
 
@Bomiz I texted a couple times and also called...no answer. Can you please send me whatever I need to wire to the AUX switch?
Bringing this thread back to life….TKE, did you ever get the info you needed from Bomiz? You guys still recommend this set up? I was about to order but didn’t want to if your opinions had shifted. I see Bomiz hasn’t been on the forum in 7 months or so.
 
Bringing this thread back to life….TKE, did you ever get the info you needed from Bomiz? You guys still recommend this set up? I was about to order but didn’t want to if your opinions had shifted. I see Bomiz hasn’t been on the forum in 7 months or so.
Still loving mine......works flawlessly and no complaints at all.....I don't think he spends much time here because of the amount of business he gets here........they do a ton of bmw stuff....these are pretty much built to order and not sitting on the shelf. There are not very many in the wild.
 
Go read the BMW forums about this guy... ☠️
Bringing this thread back to life….TKE, did you ever get the info you needed from Bomiz? You guys still recommend this set up? I was about to order but didn’t want to if your opinions had shifted. I see Bomiz hasn’t been on the forum in 7 months or so.
 
Bringing this thread back to life….TKE, did you ever get the info you needed from Bomiz? You guys still recommend this set up? I was about to order but didn’t want to if your opinions had shifted. I see Bomiz hasn’t been on the forum in 7 months or so.
I didn't hear anything back from Bomiz when I was trying. My mechanic ended up wiring it to the Aux switch and also using the remote. I have to have the Aux 1 button on and then I can use the little remote to open/close the valves. I close them every night when I get home so when I start it up in the morning it doesn't wake everyone up. Then when I'm out of the neighborhood I open it back up. It's a little louder that stock when open but not obnoxious. Closed it is like a regular truck.
 
How are these exhausts as in the market for one. Can you have the truck cold start so it’s quiet ?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top