Gone in 30 days

I've had three Raptors in my lifetime. They were everything I expected them to be and then some. But the TRX is off the charts compared to the Raptors. I don't have mine yet, but it appears to do everything the Raptor does but better. I bought this truck for what it is designed to do. I'm not pulling a trailer or loading up the bed on a daily basis. Although it can do that, that is not what it is made to do. Its made to go fast in the desert and off roading. The comfortable ride, good looks, incredible suspension and a 702 HP Hellcat engine are why I am buying this truck.

Oh and the fact it pisses off the liberal tree huggers is just the cherry on the cake!!!
. . .had a "Karen" tree-hugger come up to me when I filled mine up for the first time this past weekend - she asked me how many MPH's do I get. Told her about 10 on a good day (w/ a huge grin on my face). She then told me that it's because of people like me the environment is being destroyed. I calmly responded back to her and said, it's people like you that are a poster child for birth control. She turned around and pouted off. LOL

I"ve been running into the same thing most of the time. While I've had a couple people talk to me about it, most don't care. I've taken to driving around and playing a game, trying to find someone that notices it. I'm passing people driving raptors who don't give it as second look. It's weird, I expected more attention. I don't mind not getting it, but I'm a bit perplexed by it.
I think I expect others to act like I do when it comes to cars/trucks and it just confirms I'm not normal. It probably doesn't help that in my general area, this is a poor man's vehicle. Truthfully, the lack of attention is a blessing too because I hope that includes the shitbags that I don't want having any interest.

I"ve been running into the same thing most of the time. While I've had a couple people talk to me about it, most don't care. I've taken to driving around and playing a game, trying to find someone that notices it. I'm passing people driving raptors who don't give it as second look. It's weird, I expected more attention. I don't mind not getting it, but I'm a bit perplexed by it.
Where I live every other vehicle is some kind of lifted 4x4, in the 6 months of ownership I have had only 2 strangers ask what it is. At stop lights I usualy have to look up at the truck next to me.

This is probably a bad place to put all that negativity about such an amazing truck 😂 Just about all of the things that the OP complained about were known before the truck was purchased.....duh???? I have to laugh when people talk about how loud this truck is, I had a Tacoma with an intake and exhaust that was louder. The only negative I see is MPG but who cares! This truck puts a smile on my face, every time I drive it!!

I have to say I appreciate the honest review. You have to do what you love, and if you don't love it's best to get rid of it. For me the gas mileage is tough to stomach I don't care who your are. But I always seem to lead towards trucks, and trucks that have the worst gas mileage on top of that. My 2013 Cummins got 11 in town and 16 on the highway, 2012 hemi got 8 in town and 10 to 13 on the highway, 2005 got 13 in town 16 on the highway. This truck is really no different for me than previous trucks I have had. I am getting 10 in town and 14 -15 highway. Just these dam times with gas going through the roof makes everyone want to drive a mini car. Funny how though ppl are paying large amounts of money to make their trucks louder and others to make them quieter. In my opinion it right where it needs to be to make that impression that its a beast. I have to say, the attention is one thing I don't understand. Who wouldn't like some random person telling you how sweet your ride is! 😁

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
This must be a troll - couldn’t possibly be true that someone that works at the New York Times or NPR actually bought one of these trucks - no way - it must be a troll.

For freedom loving individualists, some of the responders here sure sound like the thought police!

The OP loved the idea of the truck but found his ownership experience not compatible with his needs after a period of time. He shared his experience in an objective, thoughtful way and gets bashed for it.

Is this not a the perfect place for a owner to discuss his ownership experience? The OP didn’t criticize or insult anyone - in fact he clearly still admires what the truck _is_. It’s just not the right vehicle for him.

Other than the dismal fuel mileage, I am loving my TRX experience. But that doesn’t mean everyone has to or they will face attacks from the mob. That is the freedom to make your own choice. You guys take issue with that? 🙄

It's absolutely fair for OP to receive some ribbing in this thread. Don't get yourself all twisted up and triggered.

. . .had a "Karen" tree-hugger come up to me when I filled mine up for the first time this past weekend - she asked me how many MPH's do I get. Told her about 10 on a good day (w/ a huge grin on my face). She then told me that it's because of people like me the environment is being destroyed. I calmly responded back to her and said, it's people like you that are a poster child for birth control. She turned around and pouted off. LOL
You should have let her know that it's people like her that are ruining the moral fabric of our country.

Typical libtard. Wants to tell you how to run your life.

This goes back to the discussion of the WAR between "us" and the eco people (ie burning Hummer H2).
What overblown sense of self importance makes her think she can assess and openly ridicule someone else's choices? People like her prove to me it is all out fucking WAR !

You shouldn’t have to put up with a truck that makes you unhappy…what options does it have, and how much do you want for it?
It was an L2 optioned with everything except a sun roof and I sold it for what I paid for it.

I’d say that’s an honest review. I can relate to some of it. I was disappointed to see the rear end visually drop a bit by just having my family’s luggage loaded in the bed. I’m not looking forward to the first tow of my 20’ cargo trailer. I’m also less about the brashness, but only because I daily drive it. I have an F430 with the vacuum hoses pulled off to keep the exhaust on loud, but that’s for my fun runs. I could do with less of that for daily duty when I’m just taking care of business. I’d prefer some road tires (Michelin’s) which I’ll probably eventually upgrade with the rims for quieter and smoother ride that doesn’t want to wander a bit.

However, I don’t think the defects have gotten to the point where I’m willing to give up the gains. There is no other truck that drives as responsively, and rides as comfortably as this one does, period. I love that drives like a luxury sports car. I’m going to give it a try for a while and then decide if I need to change it up again, but I just don’t think I can go back to turbo lagging and leaf springs. I’d say I may modify the exhaust, get some 20” wheels with Michelins, and maybe some air bags will come out for this ride to help with towing. Nothing can be done to improve MPG without sacrificing responsiveness, so I’ll have to see how long I can go without getting annoyed with frequent fill ups.
I looked into airbags after i discovered how bad the squat was. If there were kits available I would've kept it, but sadly I couldnt find any.

For freedom loving individualists, some of the responders here sure sound like the thought police!

The OP loved the idea of the truck but found his ownership experience not compatible with his needs after a period of time. He shared his experience in an objective, thoughtful way and gets bashed for it.

Is this not a the perfect place for a owner to discuss his ownership experience? The OP didn’t criticize or insult anyone - in fact he clearly still admires what the truck _is_. It’s just not the right vehicle for him.

Other than the dismal fuel mileage, I am loving my TRX experience. But that doesn’t mean everyone has to or they will face attacks from the mob. That is the freedom to make your own choice. You guys take issue with that? 🙄
Thank you! I figured Id share an experience from a post honey moon perspective with it. Im glad someone understands what I was trying to convey in this.

Wow, I might expect that up near Austin- but where you are? Dear Lord -when Texas goes that way, we all need to be concerned. Jeez, people like that need to understand that we live on a planet with 8 Billion people and a crap load of cows. Methane gas from Cows is 23 times more damaging to the climate than carbon dioxide from cars. So statistically cows pollute more than cars. Go tell her to have a consult with the local ranchers about all those pesky cows. Some people just need to get a life and sty off of MSNBC.

Wow, I might expect that up near Austin- but where you are? Dear Lord -when Texas goes that way, we all need to be concerned. Jeez, people like that need to understand that we live on a planet with 8 Billion people and a crap load of cows. Methane gas from Cows is 23 times more damaging to the climate than carbon dioxide from cars. So statistically cows pollute more than cars. Go tell her to have a consult with the local ranchers about all those pesky cows. Some people just need to get a life and sty off of MSNBC.
When the ECO people speak up, I ask them to FULLY explain the carbon (CO2) cycle on this planet. When they cannot, I tell then they should STFU about things they do not understand. The Earth has been recycling carbon (aka CO2) for billions of years, long before the LIBS started crying about it! And it will be doing so, after humans are long gone. BTW....I love steak too!

My 1st thought when people ask how many MPG i get is... if you have to ask you can't afford it!

I always respond with same thing... 6-8 on a driving miss daisy type of day!

30 days?
Unless he just found out his wife is having sextuplets, and he needs a van now.. This makes no sense at all.
What an ironic thing to bring up.
Yes, I am a freedom loving individual, that gives ME the FREEDOM, to laugh at shit that is clearly hilarious!

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
What was your average MPG? I know a lot of people on this page doesn’t care about that lol. But I do. My rebel is about 12.5, I am trying to prepare myself for low single digits.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back