Handgun Storage for the Under mat pockets

This would be great for locking them up but it still does not address my original question and that was how to put a handgun in there such that it does not bounce and rattle around. That is why I posted a picture of the only thing close to what I could find but the size was a bit too tall. There have been dozens of other suggestions not relating to my original question not that they weren't good but they don't address the issue. Also I'm only talking about the back passenger well pockets behind the front seats. There are two one on each side. I know all about the other options but I'm not interested in those.
I ordered this and cut to my needs with a utility knife. You could order thicker (glue together if needed) and cut slots in the foam to secure whichever gun and mags.

Jealous of these setups...wish I could carry all the time and have my truck all setup...The states are very tiny in New England...Im in NH and Maine which are both cool, but Mass is very nearby like 2 miles from my house and I'm in and out nearly everyday...Not a state you want to be caught with anything...not Turks and Caicos bad, but not good .. and almost impossible to get an an out of state LTC..I never take a chance bringing anything to Mass, but I do have nunchucks and know how to use them..Actually thats not really true.
I spent 2+ months in Boston 2015-2016 when my daughter was in the children’s hospital. We stayed on the southside and you can guarantee this southern boy was packing at all times! State laws be damned! Another couple with their child in the hospital were robbed at gun point at a gas station less than a mile from our hotel. If it’s good enough for the criminals to carry, damn right I will be too!!

I spent 2+ months in Boston 2015-2016 when my daughter was in the children’s hospital. We stayed on the southside and you can guarantee this southern boy was packing at all times! State laws be damned! Another couple with their child in the hospital were robbed at gun point at a gas station less than a mile from our hotel. If it’s good enough for the criminals to carry, damn right I will be too!!
Sad to say you were violating State and Federal law. Federal law would not have saved you IF! So, its a roll of the dice there. I hate it. HATE IT! But i also would hate to get caught up in some gun law legal cluster F.
I respect everyone’s choice to make the decision that they feel is right for them. Period. Its just always good to make an informed decision when possible.

Sad to say you were violating State and Federal law. Federal law would not have saved you IF! So, its a roll of the dice there. I hate it. HATE IT! But i also would hate to get caught up in some gun law legal cluster F.
I respect everyone’s choice to make the decision that they feel is right for them. Period. Its just always good to make an informed decision when possible.
Too bad our Federal Government "these days" doesn't feel that way.

Too bad our Federal Government "these days" doesn't feel that way.
Totally agree. It makes zero sense to me. I really do wish more people were involved in shooting sports so they were better informed about how responsible gun owners are. No threat here folks!

Does anyone know where to find info on cleaning whatever this bizarre material is in the center console area? The cup holder rubbery stuff? What a PITA! 🙃ive had the truck for 1.5 years and i knew this was going to suck. Ive been in ignore it mode and now i know why.

Does anyone know where to find info on cleaning whatever this bizarre material is in the center console area? The cup holder rubbery stuff? What a PITA! 🙃ive had the truck for 1.5 years and i knew this was going to suck. Ive been in ignore it mode and now i know why.
Just pull it out and wash it with soapy water.....

Just pull it out and wash it with soapy water.....
It doesnt come out from what i can tell. Hence the problem. I thought i saw something about this a long time back but couldnt find it again when i searched. The material is really sticky, gummy. It doesnt take to being wiped, grabs onto the cloth. I dont think the rear ones come out either.
I made an improvement but i was hoping someone had found a secret trick.

I cared more about mine and my wife’s personal safety more than liberal laws that don’t adhere to the constitution.

Totally agree. It makes zero sense to me. I really do wish more people were involved in shooting sports so they were better informed about how responsible gun owners are. No threat here folks!
I'm a hunter, target shooter and collector. In my lifetime, my most serious offense has been a few speeding tickets. (Well maybe more than a few :)) Like 99.99% (my guesstiment) of gun owners, I'm no threat to anyone, unless they try to do harm to me or my family.

Definitely dont come out. That would make too much sense! 🙄
This is a picture from the web, are we talking about the bottom rubber piece I circled? That part definitely pulls out as one piece, not the sides.

1715010385842.png

I stand corrected gentlemen....I 100% though it was the same like my old grand cherokee...it is only one piece...SOB

I stand corrected gentlemen....I 100% though it was the same like my old grand cherokee...it is only one piece...SOB
Exactly as it should not be and how every other vehicle ive ever owned is not.
Honestly, it is the rest of the cup holder unit that i find annoying in light of the fact that none of it can be removed. Its like a semi rubbery plastic , like three different materials in one place? I swear they have some dub mixing up left over stock just to use it up.

Same on mine (also a 2022 Level 2). It's all one piece - nothing removable.
every towel ive tried to wipe that area off with leaves towel and debris shrapnel stuck to that rubbery plastic stuff. Tight corner? Faget about it 🤌 aint happening.
Thank you for the confirm @Eighty 👍

Try a damp drying towel. I have one it's like stiff cardboard when dry a towel when wet think that will do what you want. I agree it's a weird material they made these cup holders out of and not the easiest to maintain a good clean on.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back