Gone in 30 days

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232

Sounds like not wanting to date a baywatch model because she isn’t good at being a homemaker and attracts too much attention.

Even studies paid for with government grant money must pass review by the rest of the community before being accepted. Humanity has had a pretty drastic effect on climate in addition to the normal fluctuations of the planet. We can definitely make a difference in the outcome by far more than a decade or two. That said, I'm still buying a 10mpg fun truck.
So you believe the nonsense, you just don't give a rip. Is that what we are all to understand?

Anyone else put their screen on the mpg setting to see if you can make it lower? Just a thought.
My MPG screen disappeared... no longer visible. Maybe if mpg is to low uconnect doesn't even allow you to view it. LOL

So you believe the nonsense, you just don't give a rip. Is that what we are all to understand?

Pretty much. Just like I know I’d be better off not eating shitty processed foods when feeling lazy, drinking too much beer and not going to the gym but still do all of the above.

I bought a c8 last fall which was the first vett I ever owned. It's an outstanding vehicle, but I only kept it for 2.5 months...It was not for me. When I sold my 21 HC to a dealership back in the spring of 22 they had a hydro-blue 22 TRX in the showroom. I never drove it, but I spent a lot of time looking at it, but decided it was too big and not for me. Fast forward to the summer of 23, I decided to go look at a 23 TRX someone ordered and backed out if the deal. Once I drove it, I knew I wanted it. It was also just under MSRP while the 22 I previously looked at was $10k over MSRP. The gas mileage does suck, but the SC whine is outstanding. I thought the TRX was quiet, so I made it louder!!! Two years ago, I would have said I'll never buy a TRX and now I drive it more than my Redeye.

I bought a c8 last fall which was the first vett I ever owned. It's an outstanding vehicle, but I only kept it for 2.5 months...It was not for me. When I sold my 21 HC to a dealership back in the spring of 22 they had a hydro-blue 22 TRX in the showroom. I never drove it, but I spent a lot of time looking at it, but decided it was too big and not for me. Fast forward to the summer of 23, I decided to go look at a 23 TRX someone ordered and backed out if the deal. Once I drove it, I knew I wanted it. It was also just under MSRP while the 22 I previously looked at was $10k over MSRP. The gas mileage does suck, but the SC whine is outstanding. I thought the TRX was quiet, so I made it louder!!! Two years ago, I would have said I'll never buy a TRX and now I drive it more than my Redeye.
There’s just something about it. I haven’t driven my hellcat and have barely driven my 392 Rubicon since I picked up the TRX. Part of it is just the newness of the truck, I’m sure, but it’s nice having all of the creature comforts of a luxury sedan, the power of a hellcat, and the stance of Bigfoot, all in one amazing ride. All of that said, I think I’ll drive the Hellcat today just to switch it up! 😂

heres my 2 cents-

had the truck 2 months before transmission module broke, been at the dealer for 3 weeks. driveshaft clunk wont go away after even the TSB was done. guzzles gas, but i knew that.

but damn if that Hellcat motor doesnt whine and take away my sorrows!

There’s just something about it. I haven’t driven my hellcat and have barely driven my 392 Rubicon since I picked up the TRX. Part of it is just the newness of the truck, I’m sure, but it’s nice having all of the creature comforts of a luxury sedan, the power of a hellcat, and the stance of Bigfoot, all in one amazing ride. All of that said, I think I’ll drive the Hellcat today just to switch it up! 😂
392 Jeep is still a blast. I almost didn't pull the trigger when mine arrived because of having the TRX. So glad I did, that thing is a blast to tool around and it will give the TRX a run for its money.... a spirited brother :)

I"ve been running into the same thing most of the time. While I've had a couple people talk to me about it, most don't care. I've taken to driving around and playing a game, trying to find someone that notices it. I'm passing people driving raptors who don't give it as second look. It's weird, I expected more attention. I don't mind not getting it, but I'm a bit perplexed by it.
I got more attention with my 2019 raptor than I do with my 2023 TRX. Its weird, but I guess most people dont even bother looking at most pick ups. To the uneducated eye, its just another pick up truck!

I got more attention with my 2019 raptor than I do with my 2023 TRX. Its weird, but I guess most people dont even bother looking at most pick ups. To the uneducated eye, its just another pick up truck!
Just don’t bring it to ATL because they’re definitely looking at your TRX here

I still grin like a schoolkid every time I punch it when the light turns green. Occasionally probably giggle too.

I even punched it beside an Alabama State Trooper in my town because I'm not letting them ruin my fun. Pretty sure he was shocked but as soon as I hit 50MPH I lifted and wasn't much he could do.

I still grin like a schoolkid every time I punch it when the light turns green. Occasionally probably giggle too.

I even punched it beside an Alabama State Trooper in my town because I'm not letting them ruin my fun. Pretty sure he was shocked but as soon as I hit 50MPH I lifted and wasn't much he could do.

Fair enough, but watch out for recklessness legal theories

You're playing with fire - exhibition of acceleration, aggressive driving, waste of finite resources, etc. Trust me, there are laws on the books in most states to deal with those that want to flaunt things :) This is nothing new...I learned this at 17 in the great state of Texas as the tickets piled up :)

Have fun but don't be stupid about it.

The TRX is a Rebel with hips...not a lot of stylistic differences. Ram also didn't go with any stand-out graphics either. Everything that is unique or special is basically hidden :) The hood is the same, the front end is very close, etc. It's just another truck unless you happen to own one or the observer is a true car person. I have a 392 Jeep and literally one knows it's special but the owners :) or the ones getting smoked at the lights. It brings no special attention but I know what it can do :)

The C8 Corvette, that thing is a person magnet - young and old are always interested in stopping by to check it out, ask questions, etc. I have owned five Corvettes and none of them got the attention this one does. I'm not a car show guy, just not my thing, I don't need someone else to appreciate my taste but it just happens with this car. It's unique and was unknown by many for the first couple of years of production.

392 Jeep is still a blast. I almost didn't pull the trigger when mine arrived because of having the TRX. So glad I did, that thing is a blast to tool around and it will give the TRX a run for its money.... a spirited brother :)
Agree 100%! The 392 is in a class all by itself. It’s like a muscle car mixed with a dune buggy and a Harley! It’s the most fun you can have (legally) on 4 wheels in my opinion. They all have their sweet spot which is why I don’t want to get rid of any on them… no matter how bad my bank account wants me to. 😂. I drove the Hellcat to lunch today. I always forget how much fun it is to row my own gears until I climb back into that beast. Such a blast, but terrible on rear tires!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back