Gone in 30 days

There is no great way to bring up non-ownership on an ownership forum made up of enthusiasts. Doesn't matter if it's cameras, hang gliders, go-karts, etc. You can't do it much better than the OP. And I don't think the responses are much different than expected, either. Essentially, you no longer belong to the group, don't let the doorknob...well, you know the thing.

Yes, it is loud. I guess you could strangle the exhaust, just haven't seen many threads on ways to quiet the truck.
Big picture, if gas prices had dropped in half instead of doubling, most of us would be happier with our trucks. And probably happier with our POS, I mean, POTUS.
It is big. My wife prefers easier to drive vehicles, like our 3500 Promaster van. You have to claim lane ownership when you drive it. This took some getting used to. I get it.
I don't get that much attention in my truck. I got more comments on my TRX when it was carrying my 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 in the bed. On the Tenere, that is. I have the urban camo version like the OP and maybe the Stormtrooper TRX just doesn't jump out that much.
Haven't towed with it, but also haven't heard any complaints from those that have.
The suspension is my favorite part of the truck, the engine is a close second. Drive it at 70+ MPH over whoops in baja. Tighten it up in sport for launches. Put it back in baja to eat some gravel cookies.

Which brings me to my point. The OP is just not having enough fun with the truck. This is a truck designed for it. If you need a daily driver that never leaves the same boring stretch of pavement, then it's probably never going to be the right truck. No shade on the OP. It's not really about them; it's about the rest of us.

Have fun with your truck; remember why you got this beast in the first place. And make it yours; put your fingerprints on it. If it looks the same as the day you picked it up from the dealer, change it. It's not a paint job or wrapped in Stealth, but she is mine and we have FUN:

20220211_102652.jpg
20220409_075945.jpg

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
Worst post ever. For so many reasons.

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
. . .dude, seriously. Real easy fix - Part Out.

Sounds like the OP might be better off with a Ford Maverick if he wants to stay in the pickup realm...Clearly the baddest, brashest, biggest, most powerful 4x4 sport truck on the planet was more than expected...Even though that is exactly how it is marketed...

View attachment 39232
You would be much happier with a Chevy Impala or Volt or Bolt or WTFE.

View attachment 39232
Some people just feel more comfortable playing on the JV team, not judging just stating a fact. Hope you enjoy your Toyota Tundra…… you’ll
There is no great way to bring up non-ownership on an ownership forum made up of enthusiasts. Doesn't matter if it's cameras, hang gliders, go-karts, etc. You can't do it much better than the OP. And I don't think the responses are much different than expected, either. Essentially, you no longer belong to the group, don't let the doorknob...well, you know the thing.

Yes, it is loud. I guess you could strangle the exhaust, just haven't seen many threads on ways to quiet the truck.
Big picture, if gas prices had dropped in half instead of doubling, most of us would be happier with our trucks. And probably happier with our POS, I mean, POTUS.
It is big. My wife prefers easier to drive vehicles, like our 3500 Promaster van. You have to claim lane ownership when you drive it. This took some getting used to. I get it.
I don't get that much attention in my truck. I got more comments on my TRX when it was carrying my 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 in the bed. On the Tenere, that is. I have the urban camo version like the OP and maybe the Stormtrooper TRX just doesn't jump out that much.
Haven't towed with it, but also haven't heard any complaints from those that have.
The suspension is my favorite part of the truck, the engine is a close second. Drive it at 70+ MPH over whoops in baja. Tighten it up in sport for launches. Put it back in baja to eat some gravel cookies.

Which brings me to my point. The OP is just not having enough fun with the truck. This is a truck designed for it. If you need a daily driver that never leaves the same boring stretch of pavement, then it's probably never going to be the right truck. No shade on the OP. It's not really about them; it's about the rest of us.

Have fun with your truck; remember why you got this beast in the first place. And make it yours; put your fingerprints on it. If it looks the same as the day you picked it up from the dealer, change it. It's not a paint job or wrapped in Stealth, but she is mine and we have FUN:

View attachment 39239View attachment 39240
You know some people just feel more comfortable playing on the JV team, hope you enjoy your new Toyota tundra and if you see me I’ll be there in the black TRX with the red tail lights :)

OP, I guess some of us are a different breed.
I have always owned super fast bikes and fast cars (Corvettes and Ninjas).
I bought a ZX14R and put LOUD pipes on it. Because it was BIG and BAD and wicked fast and every time I rode it, I was FLYING at 160-170 MPH.
I bought a C7 Z06 and left the exhaust mode in TRACK all the time. Because it was BAD ass and wicked fast and every time I drove that car I was flying at 150-160 MPH. Color was CRY and CF and everyone took pictures of it and made videos of me driving down the road.
I bought a HC RE and put a Borla exhaust on it. I loved that car because it was BIG and BAD and LOUD and wicked fast and would SMOKE SHOW the tires even in sport mode! Every time I drove that car, it would make my hands sweat and my face SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!!!!! Color was Sublime Green / black hood and everyone took pictures of it and wanted to do selfies with it.
I bought the TRX for ALL the same reasons..............Some of us are just different.

Last edited:
It's pretty straight forward, the TRX is amazing for what it is built for. You don't buy a TRX for payload or towing capability just like you don't buy a dually for it's offroad or performance capabilities. The idea behind the TRX for a normal truck owner is amazing but you can't talk yourself into thinking the truck is something it is not meant for. Do all the research and understand the pros and cons before throwing this kind of money around. Hopefully lesson learned.

Sounds like OP should buy another ecodiesel rebel or step up to a 2500 if real truck capabilities are what he's looking for.

Not telling you what to think but this is kind of a strange post. Like youre surprised that its big, loud, bad on gas and gets a fair bit of attention. Those (minus the gas thing) are the exact reasons why I am buying this truck lol. Ive been driving a nice looking, comfortable but slow and boring daily for a few years (High Altitude Grand Cherokee) and I cannot wait to get into this beast that puts a smile on my face every time i start it.

Like what did you think was gonna happen with gas mileage? Lol If I had to daily it 600+ miles per week I would have never bought it but I work from home and dont rack up many miles anymore.

When you drive......if the hair on the back of your neck is not standing up and your hands are not sweating.......you might be dead.

When I whip around a slow car at WOT and the truck squats and the wheel pulls HARD to the left .....my wife says "What the hell was that". I say "TORQUE STEER BABY.......TORQUE STEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That is so fucking fun!
Some of us are just different..........

Last edited:
What I can't relate to is the whole attention thing. No one seems to give two shits, I can't even get the handful of other TRX bros to give the truck a glance. 😂
I"ve been running into the same thing most of the time. While I've had a couple people talk to me about it, most don't care. I've taken to driving around and playing a game, trying to find someone that notices it. I'm passing people driving raptors who don't give it as second look. It's weird, I expected more attention. I don't mind not getting it, but I'm a bit perplexed by it.

I've had three Raptors in my lifetime. They were everything I expected them to be and then some. But the TRX is off the charts compared to the Raptors. I don't have mine yet, but it appears to do everything the Raptor does but better. I bought this truck for what it is designed to do. I'm not pulling a trailer or loading up the bed on a daily basis. Although it can do that, that is not what it is made to do. Its made to go fast in the desert and off roading. The comfortable ride, good looks, incredible suspension and a 702 HP Hellcat engine are why I am buying this truck.

Oh and the fact it pisses off the liberal tree huggers is just the cherry on the cake!!!

I"ve been running into the same thing most of the time. While I've had a couple people talk to me about it, most don't care. I've taken to driving around and playing a game, trying to find someone that notices it. I'm passing people driving raptors who don't give it as second look. It's weird, I expected more attention. I don't mind not getting it, but I'm a bit perplexed by it.
Rolling down the road against oncoming traffic, the TRX is too close to the RAM 1500 for "most" people to see the difference unless they know what they are looking for. Most people on the road today (present company excepted), cannot even list the major landmarks they drive by everyday on the way to work!!!!!

Ignition Edition owners should chime in, my guess is color plays a BIG part.
Orange......Lime Green.......Bright Yellow.....etc. = attention!

Back