Gone in 30 days

My wife’s lead foot in our 22’ Escalade gets 11.3 mpg avg over 3500 miles, I’ll be happy with 8 mpg, 🤣

I bought mine for work, about 50,000 miles a year. I wasn’t sure how I was gonna feel about the MPG, it’s worse than my 1500 Hemi was, about 3 to 4 MPG if I used super on Hemi. Gas usage isn’t a problem, it’s that I’m gonna wear out the thing in a few years bothers me. I have a ranger on order, for the long trips, but I’m not sure if I’d ever drive it at this point. It’s not the power that I love, it helps though, it’s just a great truck with a fantastic suspension.

Wow, gassing up 2-3 times a week?! You must drive a lot every day. That must be real expensive for you. I am glad I work from home, most of the day my truck will be parked in my garage.

Wow, gassing up 2-3 times a week?! You must drive a lot every day. That must be real expensive for you. I am glad I work from home, most of the day my truck will be parked in my garage.
. . .ditto.

I average at least 5k miles a month. My time definitely means enough to me to not want to spend it fueling up twice as much as I normally do. By the math I should only have been doing it only once a week, but damn that supercharger made a nice sound.

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
Look man- you have to do what’s right for you. At least you know now that the TRX wasn’t the right vehicle for you.

Maybe I missed it, but what is the replacement vehicle?

Look man- you have to do what’s right for you. At least you know now that the TRX wasn’t the right vehicle for you.

Maybe I missed it, but what is the replacement vehicle?
*vehicles. Id rather not say what one of them is as most in this forum would lose it after reading what it is... Dont worry though I didnt jump off the deep end and get a Prius. But the other one is a Silverado from my company's vehicle pool.

*vehicles. Id rather not say what one of them is as most in this forum would lose it after reading what it is... Dont worry though I didnt jump off the deep end and get a Prius. But the other one is a Silverado from my company's vehicle pool.
Look man, you have to drive what fits your needs. A buddy of mine just got a Rivian. Not my cup of tea, but for him it should be a good commuter (he does 60 miles each day).

I was actually going to suggest a Raptor for you, but saw towing was a concern. I had a 2020 Raptor and was pleased by the fuel economy and the comfy seats. For whatever reason I just couldn’t love the truck. Life is too short to not enjoy a vehicle (budget being a concern of course). As long as you’re happy I say rock on!

Look man, you have to drive what fits your needs. A buddy of mine just got a Rivian. Not my cup of tea, but for him it should be a good commuter (he does 60 miles each day).

I was actually going to suggest a Raptor for you, but saw towing was a concern. I had a 2020 Raptor and was pleased by the fuel economy and the comfy seats. For whatever reason I just couldn’t love the truck. Life is too short to not enjoy a vehicle (budget being a concern of course). As long as you’re happy I say rock on!
You too my dude!

You gotta tell us! Tesla? Ridgeline? Maverick? Smart car? Haha

At the end of the day you gotta do what’s best for you. 5k miles a month, I’d keep the TRX for the weekends and buy a Prius for the high mileage.

I average at least 5k miles a month. My time definitely means enough to me to not want to spend it fueling up twice as much as I normally do. By the math I should only have been doing it only once a week, but damn that supercharger made a nice sound.
If someone looked at the definition of an impulsive buyer, there should be a picture of you and a TRX in the background

OP, I guess some of us are a different breed.
I have always owned super fast bikes and fast cars (Corvettes and Ninjas).
I bought a ZX14R and put LOUD pipes on it. Because it was BIG and BAD and wicked fast and every time I rode it, I was FLYING at 160-170 MPH.
I bought a C7 Z06 and left the exhaust mode in TRACK all the time. Because it was BAD ass and wicked fast and every time I drove that car I was flying at 150-160 MPH. Color was CRY and CF and everyone took pictures of it and made videos of me driving down the road.
I bought a HC RE and put a Borla exhaust on it. I loved that car because it was BIG and BAD and LOUD and wicked fast and would SMOKE SHOW the tires even in sport mode! Every time I drove that car, it would make my hands sweat and my face SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!!!!! Color was Sublime Green / black hood and everyone took pictures of it and wanted to do selfies with it.
I bought the TRX for ALL the same reasons..............Some of us are just different.
Good times gone……. we’re no different, just one of us has a TRX and the other one has a scrap book.

seriously I’m NOT trying to be a dick, it’s just that have embarrassed yourself trying to explain away your bad judgment, we’ve all have experienced bad judgment and I’m no exception!

Here’s the deal, , never loose your momentum and never ever let them see you sweat, ever! A little advice from the old man on the hill. I’ve never once puffed my chest out about my shit, but never trust anyone who says they are bitchin, it always turns out bad.

That being said, started a construction company with $3,000 and was doing $150,000,000 a year in business 5 years later. Sold my company to my employees at 46 and will never work another day in my like….. ps I’m 62 and that was 16 years ago.

You are no different than me and you have 100% capable of kicking my ass especially in today’s economy😎

Last edited:
Not telling you what to think but this is kind of a strange post. Like youre surprised that its big, loud, bad on gas and gets a fair bit of attention. Those (minus the gas thing) are the exact reasons why I am buying this truck lol. Ive been driving a nice looking, comfortable but slow and boring daily for a few years (High Altitude Grand Cherokee) and I cannot wait to get into this beast that puts a smile on my face every time i start it.

Like what did you think was gonna happen with gas mileage? Lol If I had to daily it 600+ miles per week I would have never bought it but I work from home and dont rack up many miles anymore.
You are a very wise man, your comments are spot on!

If Im being honest with myself, probably.
I like your style my man. Staying cool during this whole shit show of a thread. Every one of us has underestimated something and realized it wasn't what we thought/hoped. Gyms love that about people. 😅

I like your style my man. Staying cool during this whole shit show of a thread. Every one of us has underestimated something and realized it wasn't what we thought/hoped. Gyms love that about people. 😅
If nothing else, I can appreciate his willingness, to have the balls and come out and say he fucked up...(Seriously)

There has been more than a few times, where I tripped on an imaginary object... gathered myself, then immediately looked around to see if anyone witnessed it.... If no one did, I honestly can't see logging into social media, and telling everyone about it. :p

I guess this is my one month ownership review... Or rental... However anyone wants to look at it.

At first the idea of the TRX 100% spoke to me. The test drive was so great that I put an order in for one. Then I had to live it and within 2 weeks I began to realize that the truck is... obnoxious.

It was loud, a gas guzzler, too big, had an in your face presence, and was not good (in my opinion) at being a truck. Now I know what you all are thinking after reading this. "Thats how it was built! You shouldve known that when you bought it!" Now dont get me wrong. I knew all of this going into it. The problem for me was that Ive never had to live with all of those things, at the same time.

The factory exhaust while it sounded damn good had me missing the moments when my ecodiesel was quiet on long trips and the early morning drone got to me.

It consumes gas whether or not I get on it to the point where I feel like I might as well spill the gas on the ground. Having to fill up 2 to 3 times a week got old after week 3.

The size while not that much bigger than most trucks ive driven, is something im just constantly aware of in city driving mainly because i have to be conscious of the fact that this thing can turn into a 6000 lb missile real quick.

I cant simply enjoy the truck by myself because everyone keeps wanting to ask to drive it or take pictures with it or just wants to talk to me and I just want to be left alone.

And the suspension, while it is definitely the most comfortable ive ridden in in a long time, does not lend itself to practicality when it comes to hooking up a trailer or putting more than a small payload. Something that if i were to own a truck, definitely needed to be something a truck was capable of doing.

In all, Im not saying this truck is terrible. It is a damn cool one and it is a fitting last hurrah to internal combustion, but it's just not for me. I hope you all enjoy your trucks because they truly are special.
View attachment 39232
I’ll trade you a cvt hybrid. It’s a 2019 gets good gas rides better than any Toyota sedan except maybe a Lexus. Has cook your butt seat heaters and all the important safety 5* all they way around.

Good times gone……. we’re no different, just one of us has a TRX and the other one has a scrap book.

seriously I’m NOT trying to be a dick, it’s just that have embarrassed yourself trying to explain away your bad judgment, we’ve all have experienced bad judgment and I’m no exception!

Here’s the deal, , never loose your momentum and never ever let them see you sweat, ever! A little advice from the old man on the hill. I’ve never once puffed my chest out about my shit, but never trust anyone who says they are bitchin, it always turns out bad.

That being said, started a construction company with $3,000 and was doing $150,000,000 a year in business 5 years later. Sold my company to my employees at 46 and will never work another day in my like….. ps I’m 62 and that was 16 years ago.

You are no different than me and you have 100% capable of kicking my ass especially in today’s economy😎
I like that Ole F**ker on that hill! Wise man

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back