FAS lower pulley...

Got S&B. Will tune the truck when my 8yr warranty is up. I have a semi-clever plan if im running to lean on stock fueling. Not sure itll work but will try if necessary
Oooo, will you be sharing such plan if it works.......or doesn't? I'm in the same boat, I want to do more to the truck but not anything related to tuning until my warranty is up.
 
Oooo, will you be sharing such plan if it works.......or doesn't? I'm in the same boat, I want to do more to the truck but not anything related to tuning until my warranty is up.
Its a semi-silly plan but it just might work lol. So the “problem” with the aftermarket intake is that it allows too much air in and therefore more fuel is required right? So if we slightly restrict airflow, then the truck won’t need as much fuel. So my idea is a small restriction on airflow that still allows the entire intake as a whole to flow way more than stock but hopefully just a little less.

So first u take a piece of T-rex tape (not gorilla for obvious reasons) and…just kidding haha. My idea is to use a pre-filter which adds the bonus of cleaner air than just the filter alone. Esp. those of us off-roaders, a filter sock is a must in dusty conditions. For those who pavement only, enjoy cleaner air and longer intervals btwn cleanings. Ive had to clean my S&B 4x already and the filter oil adds up quick so might save some ppl $$ down the road.

IMG_8622.webp
 
At 180 miles since install. 4 or 5 starts and no knock that I can hear. The truck has only had sunoco 93 in it for awhile.

The only real side effect has been the mpg. It dropped a full mpg and that's even after the hard pulls and a couple trips of easy running. Staying around 13.5 now and not really going up.
How are you getting 13.5mpg?! I can’t do better than 10 with normal driving.
 
Its a semi-silly plan but it just might work lol. So the “problem” with the aftermarket intake is that it allows too much air in and therefore more fuel is required right? So if we slightly restrict airflow, then the truck won’t need as much fuel. So my idea is a small restriction on airflow that still allows the entire intake as a whole to flow way more than stock but hopefully just a little less.

So first u take a piece of T-rex tape (not gorilla for obvious reasons) and…just kidding haha. My idea is to use a pre-filter which adds the bonus of cleaner air than just the filter alone. Esp. those of us off-roaders, a filter sock is a must in dusty conditions. For those who pavement only, enjoy cleaner air and longer intervals btwn cleanings. Ive had to clean my S&B 4x already and the filter oil adds up quick so might save some ppl $$ down the road.

View attachment 102570
So are you using the filter sock as the pre filter/restriction or are you adding filter elements to the ram air ducts and front grill induction tubes?
 
So are you using the filter sock as the pre filter/restriction or are you adding filter elements to the ram air ducts and front grill induction tubes?
Going to use the filter sock as a small restriction on air flow IF i run into any issues with knock/retard/fueling/etc
 
Those with the pulley and S&B( or other CAIs), what psi are you seeing? Noticeable performance worth the mod?
 
Install done last night! We made it way harder than it needed to be. Took about 3x longer than it should have. Many mistakes were made. Anyone get their pulley and want some tips/ tricks to avoid de pain, please shoot me a PM and I'll text you our videos (assuming you have an iphone).

Have only started the truck to verify no sounds/issues with belt clearances/etc. Will not be driving it until i get the bumpers done but will report back on seat of pants review (which may be less than some because I'm adding a couple hundred pounds of steel to my truck lol)
 
I have the FAS pulley purchased from 797 paired with the S&B (lid removed) as well as 37 Nitto recon grapplers and a 1.5 level on the front

I can 100% feel a difference in how hard the truck pulls.

Very happy with the combination!
 
I have the FAS pulley purchased from 797 paired with the S&B (lid removed) as well as 37 Nitto recon grapplers and a 1.5 level on the front

I can 100% feel a difference in how hard the truck pulls.

Very happy with the combination!
Nice! How long did you run with the pulley and the S&B with the lid on? Any knock or hesitation?
 
I’ve had the S&B lid off since install (2 months prior to pulley) so I can’t compare between on/off

I have no knock, squeak or hesitation!
I'm a lid off kinda guy too lol.


Just got 5 more of these for anyone looking :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dev
So I’m new the TRX, this is my first super charger as well. Based on following this thread I’ve started watching my psi boost and with just average highway driving (max speed 90mph). My boost never exceeded 8psi, I’m assuming I’d see a higher boost on heavy acceleration but I’m also in Denver (5500 ft)so would the altitude affect my boost as well? I’ve also got the SB intake installed but I’m running with the lid on, I assumed that would make the airflow more efficient but clearly you guy know something I don’t ?
 
You guys with the lid off, are you talking about the clear plastic cover over the filter? Any negative effects doing this? I'm assuming the supercharger is crazy loud with it off.
 
You guys with the lid off, are you talking about the clear plastic cover over the filter? Any negative effects doing this? I'm assuming the supercharger is crazy loud with it off.
Yes just the clear lid.

The sound is much louder - haven’t noticed any issues at all. I have not had the truck off-road yet but plan to very soon.

Temps don’t seem to be much different here in PA
 
Yes just the clear lid.

The sound is much louder - haven’t noticed any issues at all. I have not had the truck off-road yet but plan to very soon.

Temps don’t seem to be much different here in PA
We have a car cruise this weekend, I may take it off, and see how it sounds. I had a bwoody, but it was way too loud.
 
So I’m new the TRX, this is my first super charger as well. Based on following this thread I’ve started watching my psi boost and with just average highway driving (max speed 90mph). My boost never exceeded 8psi, I’m assuming I’d see a higher boost on heavy acceleration but I’m also in Denver (5500 ft)so would the altitude affect my boost as well? I’ve also got the SB intake installed but I’m running with the lid on, I assumed that would make the airflow more efficient but clearly you guy know something I don’t ?
A rough rule of thumb is that you lose .5 PSI per 1000ft altitude. DA will still fluctuate based on weather conditions, so hot & humid days will result in even higher losses than just your elevation alone would.

For guys like you I suspect this pulley would work wonders as it’ll bring the boost closer in line with what you’d see stock (at sea level). You are spinning the blower faster to get it, and will likely see a higher charge temp as a result. But it should be pretty safe on the stock tune. Danger zone would be up here near sea level on cold days where the DA can easily be negative.

The lid on the S&B doesn’t make a huge difference as far as IATs based on my observations, and shouldn’t make any difference on actual flow. That said, we are in a heat wave right now so my lid went back on to try to get as much cooler air in it as possible. I do love the sound without though.
 
Awesome thanks for the info! Looks like I’m ordering this pulley set up now.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top