FAS lower pulley...

I'm definitely interested in this pulley. Seems like quality is there and reviews so far have been good.

I might just sit out for a bit and wait for more feedback from you guys who already have it. If no knock comes down for most, seems like a nice mod.

What belt comes with it?
 
I'm definitely interested in this pulley. Seems like quality is there and reviews so far have been good.

I might just sit out for a bit and wait for more feedback from you guys who already have it. If no knock comes down for most, seems like a nice mod.

What belt comes with it?
Gates Black, If Green is preferred we can help with that.
 
I’m still trying to wrap my head around how it’s going to compensate for additional boost.

Is it safe to run on 91 with afe momentum intake with this pulley? I don’t want to cause a boom. For .3 off of my 0-60 time haha
 
They wouldn't be selling this if it wasn't legit it's been tested by FAS motorsports, I just got mine in
 
I’m still trying to wrap my head around how it’s going to compensate for additional boost.

Is it safe to run on 91 with afe momentum intake with this pulley? I don’t want to cause a boom. For .3 off of my 0-60 time haha
The computer can compensate for additional air by adding additional fuel. Similarly, it can compensate for less air if you drive ur truck in the rockies and provide less fuel. Its not fixed at only 1 volume of fuel for all conditions. With that said, every system has limitations like fuel injector size/etc so even if the computer knows it needs more fuel, it wont be able to provide it if injectors/pump/etc not up to the task.

Simply put, The whole point of this pulley is to be able to increase air into the system BUT remain within stock tune fueling abilities.
 
The computer can compensate for additional air by adding additional fuel. Similarly, it can compensate for less air if you drive ur truck in the rockies and provide less fuel. Its not fixed at only 1 volume of fuel for all conditions. With that said, every system has limitations like fuel injector size/etc so even if the computer knows it needs more fuel, it wont be able to provide it if injectors/pump/etc not up to the task.

Simply put, The whole point of this pulley is to be able to increase air into the system BUT remain within stock tune fueling abilities.
Is it safer to add 1050 injectors and possibly a interchiller from ripa.
 
Is it safer to add 1050 injectors and possibly a interchiller from ripa.
Absolutely need a tune if you’re doing injectors. And if you’re doing that I don’t know why you would bother with this pulley at all.

At the end of the day, a proper tune is definitely safer for the engine. This pulley is just safer for the warranty. Ostensibly.

There are scenarios where it should work very well, and others where it’s gonna be at or beyond the edge of the stock fuel maps (and possibly injector duty cycle as well). Depends a lot on your location and the weather. That’s why nobody is guaranteeing anything.
 
Absolutely need a tune if you’re doing injectors. And if you’re doing that I don’t know why you would bother with this pulley at all.

At the end of the day, a proper tune is definitely safer for the engine. This pulley is just safer for the warranty. Ostensibly.

There are scenarios where it should work very well, and others where it’s gonna be at or beyond the edge of the stock fuel maps (and possibly injector duty cycle as well). Depends a lot on your location and the weather. That’s why nobody is guaranteeing anything.
100% agree. Only thing Ill add is that day to day “safety” shouldnt really change. Its only when u hammer it that stock tune/fueling will need to work harder and therefore less “safe” than stock.
 
Most people that had issues with squeak on Incognito had a green belt if memory serves. I think the heavier duty makes it a bit tighter/less flex but i could be wrong & perhaps it was a coincidence 🤔
 
Most people that had issues with squeak on Incognito had a green belt if memory serves. I think the heavier duty makes it a bit tighter/less flex but i could be wrong & perhaps it was a coincidence 🤔
Don’t think the belt makes a difference tbh. So how’s the eibachs? I have the 1.6 fronts and on the fence about adding the rears. You have done it I dm’d
 
Green belts are heavy duty for long life but are more prone to slip than the black due to different texture. Can’t remember where I read it but it came from gates either on a forum or an article. RPM is another option from gates as well but requires a looser belt size to avoid the belt snapping on deceleration as the belt has zero stretch unlike the black and green.

I learned a lot trying by experimenting with different belts to try to stop my incognito from squeaking.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top