FAS lower pulley...

I've got the K&N Intake going on tomorrow with the FAS pulley enroute and to follow.

Did a hard pull last night with DA of 4200 and (according the the truck) stock, was running on the rich side:

View attachment 112620

Assuming some headroom available with boost/air before tilting lean?

While I'm sure DA of 4200 will be fine, was curious about our winter temps here in Canada creating negative DA, and the combo of the pulley and intake.

The FAS crew assured me there would be no issues but we shall see 🤞
11.5ish isn’t rich for the stock tune. With cat overtemp on AFRs drop into the mid 10s.
 
Hey all, have a question for those that have installed their FAS pulley. I’m in a Trackhawk, but same question. After installing my Predator FAS pulley, , I noticed that the pulley isn’t totally round. I can see that it’s off center based on recording it in slow motion. Granted, I know due to tolerances that there is some gap between the new pulley and old pulley, and I’m probably seeing that, but has anyone else seen it and is anyone worried about it? I always think of the balancer as needing to be really precise and not have a mass that is off center. In hind sight, I wish I would have used some tape on the sleeve to help center it more. Anyone have thoughts?
Forgot to mention, I did write FAS asking what the tolerances are to see how much off center the pulley could be.
 
Assuming lean would be the (possible) by-product of pully+intake and -500 DA, yes - apart from engine knock is there a number to be wary of?

Otherwise, forgive my misunderstanding hehe.
On pump gas 12.5ish (11.8 on the gauge in the TRX) is about the highest I would want to see in the powerband at WOT.
 
On pump gas 12.5ish (11.8 on the gauge in the TRX) is about the highest I would want to see in the powerband at WOT.
I was planning to make a post today about the cooler weather and the limitation of the stock tune when running a slip-on and intake. @AZDinoPwr has answered the question before I even had a chance to ask - as per usual forum standards.

Yesterday, in -1 degree Celsius weather, I did a hard pull onto the highway and the boost gauge held firmly at 14psi. I’ll doing another pull and check those AFRs to ensure everything looks happy. That said, the truck sure felt snappy!

Thanks to the community for all of the knowledge and insights shared.
 
I was planning to make a post today about the cooler weather and the limitation of the stock tune when running a slip-on and intake. @AZDinoPwr has answered the question before I even had a chance to ask - as per usual forum standards.

Yesterday, in -1 degree Celsius weather, I did a hard pull onto the highway and the boost gauge held firmly at 14psi. I’ll doing another pull and check those AFRs to ensure everything looks happy. That said, the truck sure felt snappy!

Thanks to the community for all of the knowledge and insights shared.

Awesome!

I did a rip a few weeks ago with the FAS pulley and the K&N intake hitting a steady 12psi for a 0-60 run and hitting my best time:


So far so good AFR wise in our (mild) winter here thus far!
 
While I was concerned that the cold weather may have me running lean, it looks like the truck is running super rich.

Any thoughts on this AFR? How does this compare to other users with an intake & slip on pulley? Temps were right around 0C/32F.

 
Awesome!

I did a rip a few weeks ago with the FAS pulley and the K&N intake hitting a steady 12psi for a 0-60 run and hitting my best time:


So far so good AFR wise in our (mild) winter here thus far!
Dragy 3.6s is fast.
Just out of curiosity what is that run showing like on the Performance Pages dashboard?
 
I think this could be debated forever, but in my humble opinion, you should be able to run it without issue. It just slips over the factory crank pulley so as long as you don’t trash the factory crank pulley in the process, you should be able to return to stock if necessary without a trace. It should be noted though that the factory crank bolt is torque to yield so it would be a good idea to buy an extra one or hold onto the OEM one for a quick trip to the dealer lol

I think if you run the black belt and you blacked out the predator logo on the front face of the pulley, no one doing routine maintenance/etc would probably ever see it unless they were looking at your engine for something.
Hey there. Would you be willing to share the install tips for the predator via DM? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
 
I just had the FAS Predator pulley installed. So far so good. My only question was if the high pitch whine at WOT was normal or not.
 
I just had the FAS Predator pulley installed. So far so good. My only question was if the high pitch whine at WOT was normal or not.
Supercharger whine? It's pretty loud at the top end.
 
Supercharger whine? It's pretty loud at the top end.

It's a much higher pitch sound at WOT above and beyond the supercharger whine. I was assuming it's due to running 2 psi more boost. I'd have to hear a video from someone else running the pulley to compare.
 
It's a much higher pitch sound at WOT above and beyond the supercharger whine. I was assuming it's due to running 2 psi more boost. I'd have to hear a video from someone else running the pulley to compare.
Oh well that's not good then. The supercharger will be louder because it's spinning faster. But there shouldn't be other whines that I'm aware of.
 
It's a much higher pitch sound at WOT above and beyond the supercharger whine. I was assuming it's due to running 2 psi more boost. I'd have to hear a video from someone else running the pulley to compare.
Are you stock apart from the pulley?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top