FAS lower pulley...

Hehe, ya the air that time of year is pretty great.

Overall I've been pretty pleased with the setup including the Corsa. The increase in responsiveness is noticeable, and the truck makes incredible noises with spirted driving. The effect is not lost on me months later.

If I had one complaint, it's that the K&N is right on the edge of being too noisy for daily driving (though not sure if this is compounded with the exhaust and pulley).

Under any sort of load at highway speed the blower will drone, and if you're bucking a headwind at 120kpm / 75mph the drone is persistent and noticeable in the cab.

It's manageable, but RIGHT on the line of being too much.

I don't put on many highway miles, but if I did would likely swap out to an S&B or something a little tamer and hard to imagine I'd notice any performance difference.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the great feedback. I'll have the same setup minus the Corsa here soon. Might be wrong, but I'm guessing your exhaust may indeed be contributing as you noted. We'll see if a drone manifests or not with a stock exhaust setup.

K&N definitely seems to have the most purely performance oriented design that's for sure. Even AFE partially replicated it now, and the S&B as well if you remove the lid. (All those ones need now is the direct filter location air channel that K&N's new upper scoop provides).
 
Thanks for the great feedback. I'll have the same setup minus the Corsa here soon. Might be wrong, but I'm guessing your exhaust may indeed be contributing as you noted. We'll see if a drone manifests or not with a stock exhaust setup.

K&N definitely seems to have the most purely performance oriented design that's for sure. Even AFE partially replicated it now, and the S&B as well if you remove the lid. (All those ones need now is the direct filter location air channel that K&N's new upper scoop provides).
Very cool. Please report back as I'm curious about the drone differences with stock exhaust.

Have fun!
 
Hehe, ya the air that time of year is pretty great.

Overall I've been pretty pleased with the setup including the Corsa. The increase in responsiveness is noticeable, and the truck makes incredible noises with spirted driving. The effect is not lost on me months later.

If I had one complaint, it's that the K&N is right on the edge of being too noisy for daily driving (though not sure if this is compounded with the exhaust and pulley).

Under any sort of load at highway speed the blower will drone, and if you're bucking a headwind at 120kpm / 75mph the drone is persistent and noticeable in the cab.

It's manageable, but RIGHT on the line of being too much.

I don't put on many highway miles, but if I did would likely swap out to an S&B or something a little tamer and hard to imagine I'd notice any performance difference.

Hope that helps!
My setup with S&B on highway around 1-2psi i get a annoying SC noise. Above or below that isn't annoying. The SC just hits the right harmonics that is annoying.
 
Regarding the supercharger whine, I wish my wife’s sound machine had the hellcat supercharger whine (instead of the white noise, thunderstorm, jungle etc) as a sound, can’t get enough. However, the cornerstone intake helps with that while in the truck.
 
Thanks to everyone for all of the great info. Looking to buy the predator belt. Any recommendations in So Cal for an installer? I’d rather play it safe. Thanks!
 
Thanks to everyone for all of the great info. Looking to buy the predator belt. Any recommendations in So Cal for an installer? I’d rather play it safe. Thanks!
Addiction Motorsports in Simi Valley did mine. They’ve done quite a few. Email them. Eddie is great to deal with! He will get you in and out the same day!
 
On pump gas 12.5ish (11.8 on the gauge in the TRX) is about the highest I would want to see in the powerband at WOT.
Thanks @AZDinoPwr for the great insights and wisdom in this thread. Predator and K&N system is going on this weekend and I'll be paying attention to AFRs at near sea level here. As long as we are comfortably below the 11.8 you note at WOT, would you feel that the injection system and computer are keeping up with the extra air and adjusting fuel appropriately/safely? Looking for just a little more oomph when needed, but want to preserve engine longevity as well. Will watch for warning signs on leaning out the AFR too much.

Also - Did you sea @Creamsicle's rich AFR's at near freezing? Can "too" much liquid fuel cause a major issue aside from possibly fouling plugs and reducing performance? Appreciate it!
 
Thanks @AZDinoPwr for the great insights and wisdom in this thread. Predator and K&N system is going on this weekend and I'll be paying attention to AFRs at near sea level here. As long as we are comfortably below the 11.8 you note at WOT, would you feel that the injection system and computer are keeping up with the extra air and adjusting fuel appropriately/safely? Looking for just a little more oomph when needed, but want to preserve engine longevity as well. Will watch for warning signs on leaning out the AFR too much.

Also - Did you sea @Creamsicle's rich AFR's at near freezing? Can "too" much liquid fuel cause a major issue aside from possibly fouling plugs and reducing performance? Appreciate it!
You should be fine with that combo. We’ve run S&B and Predator for like 20k+ now at sea level
 
Thanks @AZDinoPwr for the great insights and wisdom in this thread. Predator and K&N system is going on this weekend and I'll be paying attention to AFRs at near sea level here. As long as we are comfortably below the 11.8 you note at WOT, would you feel that the injection system and computer are keeping up with the extra air and adjusting fuel appropriately/safely? Looking for just a little more oomph when needed, but want to preserve engine longevity as well. Will watch for warning signs on leaning out the AFR too much.

Also - Did you sea @Creamsicle's rich AFR's at near freezing? Can "too" much liquid fuel cause a major issue aside from possibly fouling plugs and reducing performance? Appreciate it!
You should be fine. I would just take a peak at the AFR at redline on a cold day.

Did not see that post but too much fuel will result in reduced performance and fouled plugs as you mentioned. Additionally, clogged or overheated cats and with enough fuel you start to wash down the pistons which damages the rings. If your oil smells like gasoline then you have a problem.
 
Very cool. Please report back as I'm curious about the drone differences with stock exhaust.

Have fun!
Hey @abtrx , I've installed the Predator and K&N. Truck rips even more now! No drone as far as I can tell. (Stock exhaust). Can definitely hear the SC whine more on acceleration, but it lines out to a barely more noticeable level at cruise speed on flat ground. Downshifts wake up your ears, but no long term, lower RPM drone.

Tell me some RPMs to check and I'll test further for you. May very well be that sweet exhaust you have that is growling.

Highly recommend FAS Predator and K&N true cold air intake! Call Shawn Liger @Hammer Performance for Predator and Intake options.

Love these trucks! God Bless America!
1000011952.jpg
20241110_162451.jpg
20241110_162422.jpg
20241110_162416.jpg
 
Last edited:
Any issues with running these? Engine running lean or not adjusting as it should? Long term cons?
Lots of posts to research if you search. I had same questions and studied all available data.

This mild increase in boost appears to still be inside of the factory tuning/compensation limits. With the extra air being pushed in, your factory injectors are called on by the computer to add more fuel and the combo yields more power.

For me, at sea level, the air fuel ratio still seems to be nice and balanced after a few hundred miles of letting the fuel tables adjust. Go back in this thread for more on that regarding lean/rich and AFR suggestions.

Overall impact appears to be ~10-15% more boost and definitely more response along with torque/HP. (I did pulley and Intake at same time, but I suspect the gains are 75/25 weighted to the pulley. No dyno to prove that though.)

Even though this mod doesn't impact tuning and such, I suppose a directly impacted part failure could possibly have warranty impact. So buyer beware. Since the boost is not radically higher, and I presume there is a decent amount of over engineering, I am comfortable with the risk reward and expect 100,000+ miles of daily driving pleasure. If you're making non stop quarter mile passes, then this likely accelerates wear and tear a bit. (No pun intended).

Smiles per gallon have definitely increased though!
 
Lots of posts to research if you search. I had same questions and studied all available data.

This mild increase in boost appears to still be inside of the factory tuning/compensation limits. With the extra air being pushed in, your factory injectors are called on by the computer to add more fuel and the combo yields more power.

For me, at sea level, the air fuel ratio still seems to be nice and balanced after a few hundred miles of letting the fuel tables adjust. Go back in this thread for more on that regarding lean/rich and AFR suggestions.

Overall impact appears to be ~10-15% more boost and definitely more response along with torque/HP. (I did pulley and Intake at same time, but I suspect the gains are 75/25 weighted to the pulley. No dyno to prove that though.)

Even though this mod doesn't impact tuning and such, I suppose a directly impacted part failure could possibly have warranty impact. So buyer beware. Since the boost is not radically higher, and I presume there is a decent amount of over engineering, I am comfortable with the risk reward and expect 100,000+ miles of daily driving pleasure. If you're making non stop quarter mile passes, then this likely accelerates wear and tear a bit. (No pun intended).

Smiles per gallon have definitely increased though!
Well said!
 
Just got my FAS.
I was looking for sway bar end links and one of 797’s customers was selling his uninstalled FAS and I had a moment of weakness.

Now I just need time to install it.
 
Anyone know if the hellcat crank hold tool will work on the TRX?

GHF website says it does not.

I’m not super excited about using an Allen key to hold the flywheel and I’m going to be installing solo so I won’t have anyone to hold anything else.

Or does anyone have a tool left over they will sell me?
 
Anyone know if the hellcat crank hold tool will work on the TRX?

GHF website says it does not.

I’m not super excited about using an Allen key to hold the flywheel and I’m going to be installing solo so I won’t have anyone to hold anything else.

Or does anyone have a tool left over they will sell me?
Msg @FULLTHROTTLERICK he did his by himself I think?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top