FAS lower pulley...

I guess I dont side with the corps with big pockets. I'll always side with the hardworking man (or woman) who wants to tinker & add a few extra ponies at home with simple bolt-ons. I dont see it as defrauding the dealer any more than I see them not fixing the infamous clunk and stealing hours/days of our time bringing the truck back & forth to the dealer for the same known problem they refuse to remedy - as defrauding us. At the end of the day, they have a helluva lot more money to do right by us than we have time to be dickin around with them.
Who has money doesn’t dictate right and wrong. That’s logic liberals use to “steal from the rich.” This has 0 to do with corporations versus the little man. Would you buy a TV, then want it to be brighter, so you tried to just up the voltage a bit to make it brighter with a plug in adapter…and it popped. Should the manufacturer have to give you a new TV because you modified it but removed the adapter after?
 
Who has money doesn’t dictate right and wrong. That’s logic liberals use to “steal from the rich.” This has 0 to do with corporations versus the little man. Would you buy a TV, then want it to be brighter, so you tried to just up the voltage a bit to make it brighter with a plug in adapter…and it popped. Should the manufacturer have to give you a new TV because you modified it but removed the adapter after?
In the process of returning a 24volt dune buggy for that exact reason my man - so yes. Popped & smoked 😱

If they make something that will grenade the second someone adds 1 more lb of boost, then they didnt make it right. Its called safeguards. Mediocre ratchet straps dont break at 501lbs of force. Tires dont burst at 51lbs of air. TRXs dont implode at 12lbs of boost and dont fall apart at 1101lbs of payload. And if they do, that’s on them to remedy the problem. End users are expected to be stupid, careless, etc. and its the manufacturer’s responsibility to bake a reasonable degree of safety/fluff into the product.

PSA for all dads out there = 12volt electric ride-on cars are good with an 18v ryobi upgrade. 24v cars are NOT good with a 40v upgrade - things will melt & smoke!
 
Last edited:
In the process of returning a 24volt dune buggy for that exact reason my man - so yes. Popped & smoked 😱

If they make something that will grenade the second someone adds 1 more lb of boost, then they didnt make it right. Its called safeguards. Mediocre ratchet straps dont break at 501lbs of force. Tires dont burst at 51lbs of air. TRXs dont implode at 12lbs of boost and dont fall apart at 1101lbs of payload. And if they do, that’s on them to remedy the problem. End users are expected to be stupid, careless, etc. and its the manufacturer’s responsibility to bake a reasonable degree of safety/fluff into the product.

PSA for all dads out there = 12volt electric ride-on cars are good with an 18v ryobi upgrade. 24v cars are NOT good with a 40v upgrade - things will melt & smoke!
You don’t understand engineering then on almost any level. Ratchet straps might not snap at 501 but that might be the yield tensile strength in the nylon where it starts to irreversibly wear. Tires don’t pop at 51 PSI but the thermal properties in the plies might change that the speed rating is decreased or otherwise decrease the life expectancy of the tire. Your mindset of “failure” is far too simple.

You engineer a system to operate ideally, then make it robust enough for manufacturing inaccuracies, and then make it robust enough to operate in every conceivable environment. The safety margin or FOS is baked into that dynamic normal distribution of FMECA items. Our trucks are very robust given the shit that we throw at them. What you don’t engineer for is for someone to change the ACTUAL design. Keep in mind that failure is not always catastrophic but warranty’s last between 36k and 100k miles. So how about taking into account bearing failure in the blower after 100k miles with that pulley on? Should the manufacturer be liable knowing damn well the pulley accelerated the failure? Hell no

That’s akin to saying Boeing engineered the 737 and engineered it to survive all of the insane environmental and flight load conditions it could ever see… but someone wanted to strap a couple 777 engines on it instead and it should be able to handle that. Wtf

Making other people financially responsible for your choices to violate their terms of warranty is unethical and honestly sad. Good luck on your endeavors but I don’t respect anyone looking to subvert their own accountability.
 
You don’t understand engineering then on almost any level. Ratchet straps might not snap at 501 but that might be the yield tensile strength in the nylon where it starts to irreversibly wear. Tires don’t pop at 51 PSI but the thermal properties in the plies might change that the speed rating is decreased or otherwise decrease the life expectancy of the tire. Your mindset of “failure” is far too simple.

You engineer a system to operate ideally, then make it robust enough for manufacturing inaccuracies, and then make it robust enough to operate in every conceivable environment. The safety margin or FOS is baked into that dynamic normal distribution of FMECA items. Our trucks are very robust given the shit that we throw at them. What you don’t engineer for is for someone to change the ACTUAL design. Keep in mind that failure is not always catastrophic but warranty’s last between 36k and 100k miles. So how about taking into account bearing failure in the blower after 100k miles with that pulley on? Should the manufacturer be liable knowing damn well the pulley accelerated the failure? Hell no

That’s akin to saying Boeing engineered the 737 and engineered it to survive all of the insane environmental and flight load conditions it could ever see… but someone wanted to strap a couple 777 engines on it instead and it should be able to handle that. Wtf

Making other people financially responsible for your choices to violate their terms of warranty is unethical and honestly sad. Good luck on your endeavors but I don’t respect anyone looking to subvert their own accountability.
Perhaps you're right. I'll keep driving and you keep turning wrenches. And when Ram tries to deny my warranty claim, I'll walk them into court and introduce them to the Judge with whom I spend 3-4 days/week ;)
 
Thanks Nick797 for the quick response. Looking at buying the FAS lower pulley kit soon!
 
I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer before having them install the pulley. He assured me there wouldn’t be any issues with warranty with my S&B, FAS Pulley or Tazer.

Good dealer relations certainly helps my scenario and I’d recommend getting in good with whoever does your warranty work.

I went the transparency route and told the manager I would not use any of the above products if he’d void warranty.

I couldn’t be happier with the pulley so far. Really helps with my 37” tires!
 
I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer before having them install the pulley. He assured me there wouldn’t be any issues with warranty with my S&B, FAS Pulley or Tazer.

Good dealer relations certainly helps my scenario and I’d recommend getting in good with whoever does your warranty work.

I went the transparency route and told the manager I would not use any of the above products if he’d void warranty.

I couldn’t be happier with the pulley so far. Really helps with my 37” tires!
I'm lucky to have a good working relationship with a dealer near me as well. Or I wouldn't even throw an intake on this thing with the amount of fear guys are giving me right now on Ram coming after me and my wallet.. I'm excited to get this on and give it a little more "oomph" haha.
 
Any further updates from guys with these? any issues with them? Noticeable difference in acceleration?
 
That’s my old truck, was stolen on 4/18/23. Cornerstone performance intake, awe 0FG exhaust, and incognito pulley.

New truck will have corsa exhaust, cornerstone intake, and Barth/FAS pulley. Expect the same if not better results. Lol
Any knocking or weird issues with running too lean?

I have the aFe GT Momentum intake, but I'm thinking about a FAS pulley and AWE 0FG exhaust as an early Christmas present to myself. I want to stay away from needing a tune however... and i'm a whopping 7 feet above sea level where i'm at.
 
Hey all, have a question for those that have installed their FAS pulley. I’m in a Trackhawk, but same question. After installing my Predator FAS pulley, , I noticed that the pulley isn’t totally round. I can see that it’s off center based on recording it in slow motion. Granted, I know due to tolerances that there is some gap between the new pulley and old pulley, and I’m probably seeing that, but has anyone else seen it and is anyone worried about it? I always think of the balancer as needing to be really precise and not have a mass that is off center. In hind sight, I wish I would have used some tape on the sleeve to help center it more. Anyone have thoughts?
 
Any further updates from guys with these? any issues with them? Noticeable difference in acceleration?

I've got the K&N Intake going on tomorrow with the FAS pulley enroute and to follow.

Did a hard pull last night with DA of 4200 and (according the the truck) stock, was running on the rich side:

afr.webp


Assuming some headroom available with boost/air before tilting lean?

While I'm sure DA of 4200 will be fine, was curious about our winter temps here in Canada creating negative DA, and the combo of the pulley and intake.

The FAS crew assured me there would be no issues but we shall see 🤞
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top