2023+ digital cluster swap (COMPLETE WRITE UP)

Oh, I had to have the correct icon. 100% factory or bust. In fact, my new overhead console is coming Tuesday. Ordered one without the red SOS and blue ASSIST buttons. Those buttons don’t do anything without the UC5 telematics spy junk so they had to go.
what does the one you ordered look like then? I can’t picture it lol

what does the one you ordered look like then? I can’t picture it lol
IMG_1191.jpeg

They are actually pretty rare. Needed to be from a trim level high enough to have the “premium” overhead console with LED lights AND remote tailgate release, but basic enough to not have telematics buttons. Think only Laramie would fit that bill but most I’ve seen have a tan console/headliner.

View attachment 130272
They are actually pretty rare. Needed to be from a trim level high enough to have the “premium” overhead console with LED lights AND remote tailgate release, but basic enough to not have telematics buttons. Think only Laramie would fit that bill but most I’ve seen have a tan console/headliner.
I can’t remember, do you have the sunroof? I don’t see the buttons for that on the picture.

I can’t remember, do you have the sunroof? I don’t see the buttons for that on the picture.
I do not. But if I did I could just move the old switch bank over. That part is very easy to swap.

I went on a trip over the weekend and having the maps in the cluster is very nice. Yes all the info is still on the 12" screen but you have to look over and far down the dash to find what you want. With it in the cluster you just glance down and can see the turn info, arrival time and how many miles to go. What worked out nice too is I have my home screen to have the top part as carplay and waze is usually running by default so while I was using the uconnect maps waze was still telling me about hazards, cops, and speed traps.

Point of this post is to say if you are on the fence about doing the 23 bcm swap the little extra cost is worth it IMO

Last edited:
I went on a trip over the weekend and having the maps in the cluster is very nice. Yes all the info is still on the 12" screen but you have to look over and far down the dash to find what you want. With it in the cluster you just glance down and can see the turn info, arrival time and how any miles to go. What worked out nice too is I have my home screen to have the top part as carplay and waze is usually running by default so while I was using the uconnect maps waze was still telling me about hazards, cops, and speed traps.

Point of this post is to say if you are on the fence about dong the 23 bcm swap the little extra cost is worth it IMO
Have you had any issues with being disconnected from carplay prior to replacing everything?

My 22 has never ever stayed connected with either car play or android auto. Wondering if I replace radio module and BCM it may be fix it? 🤔

Have you had any issues with being disconnected from carplay prior to replacing everything?

My 22 has never ever stayed connected with either car play or android auto. Wondering if I replace radio module and BCM it may be fix it? 🤔
my carplay sometimes takes a little longer to connect but for the most part it it pretty consistent. I am also running the latest version of UC5. I think maybe 1 time it wouldn't connect so I did a soft reboot and it was back to normal.

I can't comment about connectivity prior to my 2023 Radio module because I have a 2021 and had UC4 with the wired carplay.

Last edited:
my carplay sometimes takes a little longer to connect but for the most part it it pretty consistent. I am also running the latest version of UC5. I think maybe 1 time it wouldn't connect so I did a soft reboot and it was back to normal.

I can't comment about connectivity prior to my 2023 Radio module because I have a 2021 and had UC4 with the wired carplay.
Good to know. I have not been able to stay connected for more than 5 minutes since the truck was new.

Where did you get the BCM? I had one ordered but it was cancelled due to being backordered

Where did you get the BCM? I had one ordered but it was cancelled due to being backordered
I had Jeremy from Retroshop order it for me. I might have hit the right time where they were available. I had thought of getting a 24 BCM but they were not available and the 23's were.

Last edited:
I bought my BCM on eBay. Typically if they are listed on there, they are actually available. BAM says they have two. I’d give it a shot because who knows when they will turn up again.

I bought my BCM on eBay. Typically if they are listed on there, they are actually available. BAM says they have two. I’d give it a shot because who knows when they will turn up again.

Hadn't thought of Ebay since it needed to be a virgin unit. Thanks boss, snagged one!

Here’s a good way to spend money on something nobody will ever notice:
IMG_1223.jpeg

The last piece of the puzzle for my UC5 swap. No more ugly bright colored buttons overhead that do absolutely nothing, and no more traces of telematics crap.

Here’s a good way to spend money on something nobody will ever notice:View attachment 130418
The last piece of the puzzle for my UC5 swap. No more ugly bright colored buttons overhead that do absolutely nothing, and no more traces of telematics crap.
I may try to repurpose those buttons into something when I rip out the telematic bullshit. Would be a good option for an oil slick dispenser or something. OR CALTROPS!

Also, ya boi got his BCM, we are in the home stretch!

Last edited:
Here’s a good way to spend money on something nobody will ever notice:View attachment 130418
Reading how some of you guys spend money on your trucks makes me feel better about my OCD my wife warns me about... great work and thanks for being as sick as I am 😆

I may try to repurpose those buttons into something when I rip out the telematic bullshit. Would be a good option for an oil slick dispenser or something. OR CALTROPS!

Also, ya boi got his BCM, we are in the home stretch!
when do you plan to have the bcm installed? I put it off a while after I got it, but so glad I finally got it done.

If you did the radio before the BCM, do you need to do a factory reset on the radio or a soft reset?

Edit: jk, it's a factory reset. IT LIVES!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back