TRX Fuel Economy

Budnuts40

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 2020 C8 Rapid Blue
I see the TRX fuel Economy numbers are out.

TRX gets 10 mpg in the city, 14 mpg on the highway, and 12 mpg combined.

I say “He’ll Yeah!” I’m not buying this beast for it’s fuel economy and I’m all for burning fossil fuels. I don care how much HP and torc your electric truck has... I can go 400 miles, fill up at the nearest gas station in less than 5 minutes and go another 400 miles. I can also repeat this as often as I want...

However I do like the the fact the that electric vehicles are progressing and I am not apposed to ever buy an electric truck ie: Hummer EV..( it is pretty bad ass).

I see the TRX fuel Economy numbers are out.

TRX gets 10 mpg in the city, 14 mpg on the highway, and 12 mpg combined.

I say “He’ll Yeah!” I’m not buying this beast for it’s fuel economy and I’m all for burning fossil fuels. I don care how much HP and torc your electric truck has... I can go 400 miles, fill up at the nearest gas station in less than 5 minutes and go another 400 miles. I can also repeat this as often as I want...

However I do like the the fact the that electric vehicles are progressing and I am not apposed to ever buy an electric truck ie: Hummer EV..( it is pretty bad ass).
Amen Brother, I'm saving the planet with my wife's Tesla and feel entitled to burn as much fuel as I want on my other car. However and this annoyed me on my Charger Hellcat, driving this as it should be driven means you stop every hour or two for gas, as the tank is not big enough....

I had a '03 RAM when the "That thing got a Hemi" debuted. It had a small trip computer above the rear view mirror and my boss would crack on me every time he rode in it because it don't think the MPG ever got above 10 on the display......and that era 5.7 was rated at 345 HP.....TRX has 2x+ HP and very similar MPG.....current IC engine technology is amazing.

I expected it to be bad but not that bad. I figured it would be near the redeye at 13 city but 14 highway? Clearly the tires and weight are giving it bad MPG numbers. I'm sure it'll get better numbers on the highway cruising. My F250 got 20 MPG on the highway cruising

had a 2016 2500 6.4 hemi with 35" tires and it was 13-14 mpg. was 1200 lbs heavier too

Ram 1500 TRX fuel economy figures are out — and economy isn't the right word
Supercar-like power brings supercar-like thirst
Ram published many statistics when it introduced the 1500 TRX, but one part of the puzzle was missing: fuel economy. It finally released those figures, and they confirm that supercar-like power brings supercar-like thirst.

Driven with a light right foot, the TRX returns 10 mpg in the city, 14 mpg on the highway, and 12 mpg combined. It's the least efficient Hellcat-powered model; Jeep's Grand Cherokee Trackhawk scores 13 mpg combined, while Dodge's Charger and Challenger post 15. Figures for the Durango haven't been published yet, but there's no reason to think it will use more gas than the TRX. At 12 combined, the truck is about on par with the Lamborghini Aventador S.

On the surface, that's not great. Keep in mind the mighty TRX was developed for off-road performance, however, and we doubt fuel economy entered the equation at all. It's a body-on-frame truck powered by a 6.2-liter V8 supercharged to 702 horsepower, it has mammoth 35-inch all-terrain tires to push around, and it weighs 6,350 pounds. Viewed in this light, 12 mpg is actually shockingly decent. Conversely, the folks who designed the Toyota Prius weren't concerned about its water fording ability, its approach angle, or its zero-to-60-mph time.

The numbers are worse than I had hoped. I agree that the unfortunate consequence of it is I will be filling up the tank every other day. Huge ass truck needs a bigger gas tank

im pretty sure none of us were buying this for gas mileage. it is what it is. there are trade offs to everything. power and perfomrance come with a price.

Knowing this information, I'm looking forward to see what I'll be averaging. I drive mostly highway miles so maybe it will average around 13mpg.

the hard part initially will resisting the urge to dig into the throttle. i think 13 is easily doable. anyone know if they are doing the whole red key/black key gimmick from long ago.

Note that no reviewer that I've seen in mixed deicing for more than 10mpg... I think C&D was 9.7 over 520miles. I could be wrong though.

Not buying for the MPG, but geeze.. 93 octane, and 10mpg... they have made improvements yes, but I would have expected better frankly.

Just looked at what I was getting in my Platinum 5.0 and I am averaging 14.9 mpg over the last 2,800 plus miles. Didn’t buy any of my trucks for gas mileage and I never look at it.

As I said on another thread... I’m getting 9.5 avg w my 2500..
I now consider myself a Tree hugger!!

I agree, 10MPG is rough but didn’t expect any better honestly. Took the Trackhawk out yesterday and it’s showing 11 right now so was already prepared for it. I get 18 in my 2500 MegaCab Cummins lifted on 35’s and diesel is a lot cheaper than 93 octane right now (1.79 vs 2.59) so daily driving the TRX will just mean putting that ear to ear grin on my face costs a little more! ?

I don't think it's that bad considering the amount of performance this truck has. However, I wonder what it will get towing!

I was wanting them to go ahead and tell us how long the gas last when your going all out like the did with the 2015 Hellcat but I wanted Motortrend to come out with the towing numbers since they was drag racing with a trailer on IG

I don't think it's that bad considering the amount of performance this truck has. However, I wonder what it will get towing!
I would assume not very good.......... but at least gas is cheap right now in Texas.... and per my wife I have to plant at least 50 trees a day for the rest of my life..... well worth it!!

I don’t mind the mpg as that’s kinda expected in a 6500lb 702hp truck. Just wished they put the 50gal tank in it. My ‘19 Raptor avg 15.5 mpg (according the trip comp) and regularly got 500 miles out of a tank. I liked having a tank last that long. If I avg 12 mpg with TRX then will get about 100 miles less per tank. Actually, now that I’ve typed that out, who f*cking cares! I’ll have 702hp and 650lbft!! I will definitely have a few RotoPax fuel cans in the bed though

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back