Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Shoe leather express
Current Ride #2
'18 Colorado ZR2 Long Travel
Military
Zookeeper
My bday is coming up and I want to take my two kids (4&8) out camping: I was debating bodie and camping a mile or so out of the park at the ghost town stuff that is out of the park.

However, I am looking for something closer to the Bay Area.

Anyone with kids up for a relatively easy trip, back roads/fire roads, two easy nights of camping. Low key.

May 10, 11 and 12 are the dates. Maybe just the 11th and 12th because my wife works the 10th and she is pissed that I was going to go with out her.

If we lived closer we’d be down!

Yosemite Park? I went there (last Raptor/back in 2017) days after a Holiday weekend on the way home from San Fran -> Phoenix.

Was empty (no slow RV's/etc) and lodging was somewhat affordable (including https://www.travelyosemite.com/lodg...&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign=google_places

Can read them https://www.amazon.com/Off-Wall-Yosemite-Michael-Ghiglieri/dp/0970097360 'real Ghost' stories? LOL

Rural Nevada is my 'Go To', basing out of Tonopah, NV. and just bought a www.Shiftpod.com (model III) looking forward to trying out. Kids are 3/5/7 and any 'remote' camping has to be enjoyable/memorable and relatively 'turn-key' comfort.

We'd be down too if living closer.. always looking for like minded adventures/age group kids. Maybe a future trip those of us within this demogaphic and relative SW could assemble one day?

Permit/3 truck convoy(s) -> https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/whiterimroad.htm ??
Starlink/Sat. Phone (I over prepare with gear and past professions).
Lot of stops/sights and easy 'truck based camping'

Clearly you are down in phoenix right?
How far is Mojave road from you? In the fall I’d like to do a 4 day trip there. Take my time so the kids can explore.

Clearly you are down in phoenix right?
How far is Mojave road from you? In the fall I’d like to do a 4 day trip there. Take my time so the kids can explore.
6hrs/370 miles it appears. I'd be TOTALLY onboard!

I have Traxxas Slash's (5) to supplement stops/exploring... and RC crawlers (they've all taken to the Axial SCX.. but now the TRX-4 (Traxxas) for trips/hotel 'wheeling' too).

Let's start a thread/build a trip! I'm up for a mix of hotel/Shiftpod camping too (good shower helps lingering work injuries!).

Will DM you.

Last edited:
There’s some decent camping and off roading up Highway 88…Pipi, Bear River Reservoir area.

I’d say Upper or Lower Lola Montez but I think the snow depth is still too crazy.

those dates dont line up for me, but would be down for something later in summer/fall with a little more planning

I would be down if your still planning to go somewhere. It happens that I have that weekend off. Let me know. Thx

Where are you coming from?

A family who bailed, was suggesting Indian valley reservoir because it was fairly simple and family friendly.

Then they bailed I think because dad forgot it was Mother’s Day.

Im out in Gilroy. So not that far your area.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back