TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
Dang we're almost the same # of axles! We're around 17-18 axles now but ours last a bit longer than yours. We're getting at least 8k to max of around 15k miles btwn axles (with the exception of 1 defective OEM one and 1 crappy aftermarket one). Can you take a few pics of the boots on ur RCVs when u get a chance? Also, are you around stock HP and do you offroad yours?
Yes I'll get some pics and send them over this evening. I'm also on 37s and kings shocks and I have kibbetech whole front end and have the dusterhoff 937 flex package. I Offroad maybe 3-4 times a year but most of my blown cvs have happened just cruising around on the road. I will say I absolutely rip it everywhere I drive and I do jump the truck as often as I can when I find a good spot on the road.
 
I'm starting to think we could be best friends hahaha (minus the offroading so rarely!) The 937 Duster kit is on my wish list now that my ext. warranty basically voided the powertrain component of the warranty

Side note: how do you like the Kings/kibbe setup? Did you get it dialed in nicely for when you do offroad?
 
Looks like I am near my first failure...
11344.webp
 
Put a Seal saver on until ur ready to swap it. As long as u dont let a lot more grease fly, it'll last 10s of thousands of miles like that. discount in vid description 🤘 🤘

Thanks, I had actually already bought some in case this happened and have them sitting in the truck. I used the promo code as well! :cool::cool::cool:
 
I'm starting to think we could be best friends hahaha (minus the offroading so rarely!) The 937 Duster kit is on my wish list now that my ext. warranty basically voided the powertrain component of the warranty

Side note: how do you like the Kings/kibbe setup? Did you get it dialed in nicely for when you do offroad?
We could!!! I watch a lot of your content and I'm a huge fan. I feel like we are very similar in how we drive our trucks balls to the wall. When I do get to offroad it's usually on hunting trips and I break stuff ALOT of the time from going too hard. I absolutely love the kings and kibbe stuff. Honestly the kings were one of the best upgrades I did because it improves the ride quality DRAMATICALLY. I also have fiberwerx front and rear and I have the whole fi interchiller setup as well along with the transmission rexmax. So if you're on the fence about the dusterhoff kit do it, it makes the truck insanely faster than stock.
Here's the pics of the rcv boots for you
IMG_2269.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2271.webp
    IMG_2271.webp
    136.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2268.webp
    IMG_2268.webp
    162.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2269.webp
    IMG_2269.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2270.webp
    IMG_2270.webp
    182 KB · Views: 7
We could!!! I watch a lot of your content and I'm a huge fan. I feel like we are very similar in how we drive our trucks balls to the wall. When I do get to offroad it's usually on hunting trips and I break stuff ALOT of the time from going too hard. I absolutely love the kings and kibbe stuff. Honestly the kings were one of the best upgrades I did because it improves the ride quality DRAMATICALLY. I also have fiberwerx front and rear and I have the whole fi interchiller setup as well along with the transmission rexmax. So if you're on the fence about the dusterhoff kit do it, it makes the truck insanely faster than stock.
Here's the pics of the rcv boots for you
View attachment 159717
Also the kings are awesome because you have so much adjustability for what terrain you're on so they would be great for your setup.
 
We could!!! I watch a lot of your content and I'm a huge fan. I feel like we are very similar in how we drive our trucks balls to the wall. When I do get to offroad it's usually on hunting trips and I break stuff ALOT of the time from going too hard. I absolutely love the kings and kibbe stuff. Honestly the kings were one of the best upgrades I did because it improves the ride quality DRAMATICALLY. I also have fiberwerx front and rear and I have the whole fi interchiller setup as well along with the transmission rexmax. So if you're on the fence about the dusterhoff kit do it, it makes the truck insanely faster than stock.
Here's the pics of the rcv boots for you
View attachment 159717
Boots look MUCH more supple than the OEM ones. Nice rounded accordions lol. Hard to tell in the 1 pic but is that boot almost touching the lower control arm?

Sounds like ur loving ur setup a lot (minus the CV issue). Next time u bomb some trails you gotta take some vid of the Kings. There's almost nothing out there so i'd love to see them in action! Also curious, Do you have any daily drivability issues with the Duster tune? Have you towed with it at all?

Oh and I appreciate the support my brotha! We're hoping to head west in about a month or so to hit some mountain passes in CO so if u wanna get in on a trail or 2 or 3-10, definitely jump in that colorado thread!

 
Boots look MUCH more supple than the OEM ones. Nice rounded accordions lol. Hard to tell in the 1 pic but is that boot almost touching the lower control arm?

Sounds like ur loving ur setup a lot (minus the CV issue). Next time u bomb some trails you gotta take some vid of the Kings. There's almost nothing out there so i'd love to see them in action! Also curious, Do you have any daily drivability issues with the Duster tune? Have you towed with it at all?

Oh and I appreciate the support my brotha! We're hoping to head west in about a month or so to hit some mountain passes in CO so if u wanna get in on a trail or 2 or 3-10, definitely jump in that colorado thread!

I've had zero drive ability issues with the dusterhoff package as of yet. I haven't towed with it yet. The only issue I have had is I average 4.8mpg with full e85 because I rip it everywhere I got lol. If I had to go back and do it all again though I would go with the Foutz LCA only because they have the extra bump pads and also mount for secondary bypass shock that you can get their kit for. I really want to add front bumps and secondary bypass shock in the front so now I'm going to have to modify my kibbetech stuff to make that happen.
 
I've had zero drive ability issues with the dusterhoff package as of yet. I haven't towed with it yet. The only issue I have had is I average 4.8mpg with full e85 because I rip it everywhere I got lol. If I had to go back and do it all again though I would go with the Foutz LCA only because they have the extra bump pads and also mount for secondary bypass shock that you can get their kit for. I really want to add front bumps and secondary bypass shock in the front so now I'm going to have to modify my kibbetech stuff to make that happen.
Dang man all that stuff is above my pay grade lol
 
Is this still the latest and greatest axle part number? 68679812AA

I went to the stealership yesterday to pick up my wife's car from recalls and asked them to quote my axle replacement. A tech wasnt there to quote labor, but they quoted 68742375AA which was $2481.40 with taxes... I knew that wasn't correct...

I can probably do this myself in the garage but wanted to see if it was "reasonable" to pay them to do it. It's also still hot here in Texas so waiting until Fall and hoping it doesn't fail doesn't seem like a great option.
 
Is this still the latest and greatest axle part number? 68679812AA

I went to the stealership yesterday to pick up my wife's car from recalls and asked them to quote my axle replacement. A tech wasnt there to quote labor, but they quoted 68742375AA which was $2481.40 with taxes... I knew that wasn't correct...

I can probably do this myself in the garage but wanted to see if it was "reasonable" to pay them to do it. It's also still hot here in Texas so waiting until Fall and hoping it doesn't fail doesn't seem like a great option.

68679812AA Is the right number. They quoted the whole front differential. https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/m..._fObQg0mLCG1foJnkDKuljpzmiHLTonBoCaj8QAvD_BwE
 
I hate to even ask this - but... What is the latest advice on doing the lift for 37's? Is the diff drop even available now? I know some are still tearing through cv's and some are having better luck. I so want to do it, but it is my daily driver. Just looking for thoughts from those who are already down this rabbit hole. Thanks!
Chris
 
I hate to even ask this - but... What is the latest advice on doing the lift for 37's? Is the diff drop even available now? I know some are still tearing through cv's and some are having better luck. I so want to do it, but it is my daily driver. Just looking for thoughts from those who are already down this rabbit hole. Thanks!
Chris
Currently have a lift with one of the heaviest 37 tires you can get and on bead locks plus the diff drop thus far no issues.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cgr

TRX Forum Favs 👍

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top