TRX CV Axle options

Who's in on a group buy for indestructible CVs that accomodate lift/37s w/lifetime warrant for $2999


  • Total voters
    64
Interesting. If this ends up being a reasonable cost solution they may have quite a bit of business on their hands.
100% agree. I can(t) wait until my next one blows. I just hope its after the next 2 trips and not during 1 🤞🤞
 
**ATTENTION**: EVERYONE BEWARE OF CV SOURCE INC. - the guy who owns it "Jon" turned out to be a complete nutcase. We literally tried to get the part number for the outer boot that he put on our axle so we could spread the word to other owners and he went straight bat shit crazy, threatened us, and told us to stop by his shop the next time we were in Buford GA lol.

Needless to say, we will never do biz with him again. For those interested in seeing how nuts he is, here ya go. Apparently my "plan" to spread the good word to other TRX owners was met with some sort of militia level resistance.

"We performed a service to the best of our ability and documented it. Part(s) were returned with proof of tracking. That's it, we're done. This is not up for debate. Your "PLAN" was duly noted and respectfully ignored. Our shop... our rules. NO ONE dictates our operation. You can find someone else.

We will not accept any more of these axles in the future from anyone. We have our notes and list of rejects. Your specific part number 68679812AA is on it. We have now learned about this axle from a "stock" perspective alone and are aware of its fallacies there. There is nothing positive here and we are often paid to give the most accurate and professional explanation before delegating it to the reject list. The OEM's are creating more and more for the reject list and the chinese crap certainly will never be a suitable alternative."
 
So he is mad you we're going to spread the word about a possible good product? Sounds about right in today's world of intelligence.
Correct. I dont know what his motives are behind hiding the ball but he legit wouldn't give up the goat on the specifics of the outer boot he installed. World's full of crazies man!
 
  • Like
Reactions: RS1
UPDATE: Off-brand GSP axle lasted about 2k. Boot already starting to tear. And look how stretched the boot is while the tires are pointed straight... Let's see if they honor their lifetime warranty on an axle that lasted 1.5 months lolol

Screenshot 2026-06-02 at 10.47.12 PM.webp
Screenshot 2026-06-02 at 10.47.19 PM.webp
Screenshot 2026-06-02 at 10.47.27 PM.webp
 
Shit, at this point Rick you might as well just use a burlap sack for CV covers. Way cheaper and you can store atleast 100 of them onboard without too much hassel
 
UPDATE: Off-brand GSP axle lasted about 2k. Boot already starting to tear. And look how stretched the boot is while the tires are pointed straight... Let's see if they honor their lifetime warranty on an axle that lasted 1.5 months lolol

View attachment 159547View attachment 159548View attachment 159549
I wonder if limit straps would help. Those heavy tires mean you are hitting full droop pretty hard offroad. Even stock ones are close to bind when you jack them up by the skid plate and let the tires droop and try turning one. (All four in the air, neutral)
 
I wonder if limit straps would help. Those heavy tires mean you are hitting full droop pretty hard offroad. Even stock ones are close to bind when you jack them up by the skid plate and let the tires droop and try turning one. (All four in the air, neutral)
I dont wanna limit shit! I have been hesitant to fly though as i have a bad feeling something unlucky will happen if all 4 tires are airborne for longer than a quick sec. I wasn't so worried with 38s but on 40s i have genuine concerns 🤔
 
I dont wanna limit shit! I have been hesitant to fly though as i have a bad feeling something unlucky will happen if all 4 tires are airborne for longer than a quick sec. I wasn't so worried with 38s but on 40s i have genuine concerns 🤔
Remember you’re rolling around with no front sway bar. Best bet is to experiment with the sway bar on and see if you’re still shredding your cv boots.
 
I dont wanna limit shit! I have been hesitant to fly though as i have a bad feeling something unlucky will happen if all 4 tires are airborne for longer than a quick sec. I wasn't so worried with 38s but on 40s i have genuine concerns 🤔
Sure but even when you stomp on it the front end unloads even with all four on pavement. Frame flexes an extra few degrees, and binds up your CV’s. You won’t notice half an inch less travel.
 
I wonder if limit straps would help. Those heavy tires mean you are hitting full droop pretty hard offroad. Even stock ones are close to bind when you jack them up by the skid plate and let the tires droop and try turning one. (All four in the air, neutral)
They don't I have them and still was tearing boots left and right. I got RCV axles and in a week tore both boots but my shop told me they thought they had put an old batch of boots on and since have sent new ones that have been good to go so far for the past 2k miles at least.
 
Remember you’re rolling around with no front sway bar. Best bet is to experiment with the sway bar on and see if you’re still shredding your cv boots.
that's true and that'll def make things a bit worse. Problem is i threw my sway bar at the gator who lives in the lake behind my house 😂

FINAL.1.webp
 
ANOTHER SAD UPDATE:

Finally got a chance to take off the GSP Bobo axle and install the freshly rebuilt OEM Mopar axle with the special outer CV boot we got from that CV specialist company, and right before we went to install the wheel we noticed that the outer boot is actually impacting the lower control arm at droop so obviously this is not going to work for anyone who flexes their truck. See pics below…

I AM SO INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED! Guys, if you could feel the difference in boot quality between even the eBay boot and our factory boot it is like night and day. Just based on this little experiment alone, I am confident that whatever the factory axle boot is made of is primarily a cheap plastic of some kind (with sharp accordion corners to boot), whereas every other boot in my driveway is a nice rounded edge, rubber compound.

I am seeing only a couple other options that we may explore at some point:

#1. We still have the Empi outer CV boot (from eBay) that we can have installed on our rebuilt OEM axle and see if that one has the same clearance issues as the mystery boot.

#2. There is another aftermarket option from a company called Detroit axle company or something like that but from what I’ve seen online and the fact that the price is $185 for a two pack, I don’t have enough confidence to give that one a try 🫣

3. Has anyone had good luck with the RCV axles or the rebuild program from Rogue Offroad? I’m totally speculating here but given the fact that rogue Offroad was the company that partnered with RCV to come out with the $4000 axle offering for our trucks, my gut tells me their in-house axle rebuild program probably didn’t pan out, but again, that’s pure speculation.

IMG_6393.webp
IMG_6394.webp
 
ANOTHER SAD UPDATE:

Finally got a chance to take off the GSP Bobo axle and install the freshly rebuilt OEM Mopar axle with the special outer CV boot we got from that CV specialist company, and right before we went to install the wheel we noticed that the outer boot is actually impacting the lower control arm at droop so obviously this is not going to work for anyone who flexes their truck. See pics below…

I AM SO INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED! Guys, if you could feel the difference in boot quality between even the eBay boot and our factory boot it is like night and day. Just based on this little experiment alone, I am confident that whatever the factory axle boot is made of is primarily a cheap plastic of some kind (with sharp accordion corners to boot), whereas every other boot in my driveway is a nice rounded edge, rubber compound.

I am seeing only a couple other options that we may explore at some point:

#1. We still have the Empi outer CV boot (from eBay) that we can have installed on our rebuilt OEM axle and see if that one has the same clearance issues as the mystery boot.

#2. There is another aftermarket option from a company called Detroit axle company or something like that but from what I’ve seen online and the fact that the price is $185 for a two pack, I don’t have enough confidence to give that one a try 🫣

3. Has anyone had good luck with the RCV axles or the rebuild program from Rogue Offroad? I’m totally speculating here but given the fact that rogue Offroad was the company that partnered with RCV to come out with the $4000 axle offering for our trucks, my gut tells me their in-house axle rebuild program probably didn’t pan out, but again, that’s pure speculation.

View attachment 159643View attachment 159644
I actually did have Rogue rebuild my cvs and so far those are the only boots that I have that haven't torn yet. I did get a set of RCVs and tore both boots within a week. They then sent some new boots and I just have a had a bad batch the first time because I've been ripping on this new set for about 2000 miles so far and haven't torn them as of yet.
 
I actually did have Rogue rebuild my cvs and so far those are the only boots that I have that haven't torn yet. I did get a set of RCVs and tore both boots within a week. They then sent some new boots and I just have a had a bad batch the first time because I've been ripping on this new set for about 2000 miles so far and haven't torn them as of yet.
Curious what made you switch to RCVs since the Rogue rebuilds were holding up strong?

Also, who installed the new boots on your RCV axles? If i spent $4k on RCVs and the boots blew in 1 week, I'd be like come pick these MFs up and re-boot them and then reinstall them on my truck!
 
Curious what made you switch to RCVs since the Rogue rebuilds were holding up strong?

Also, who installed the new boots on your RCV axles? If i spent $4k on RCVs and the boots blew in 1 week, I'd be like come pick these MFs up and re-boot them and then reinstall them on my truck!
I've had like 4 sets of their builds and have had some boots tear but definitely less than OEM. I will say the set that seems to be old faithful and I haven't torn yet I did coat them with multiple coats of rubberized undercarriage spray. I've probably gone through 15 cvs and no matter what I do I have yet to make it more than 5k miles without tearing a boot or totally blowing the CV. I've been having cv issues since I bought the truck with 3,000 miles on it and blew both sides my first road trip with like 4500 miles on. I put a diff drop on for a while but then I actually broke the billet bracket on it and was still tearing boots, so I knew that it's just a matter of time until I tore one of the rogue ones so that's why I just said screw it let's go with the RCV ones.

Then I blew both of those like the first week I got them and the guys at the Offroad shop told me that RCV had sent them a new set and that those must have been an old set and that the new ones would be much better. But you better believe I was pretty upset after dropping like 4k to fix a problem and it was definitely not fixed.

So the shop here in Cali Direct Offroad got the new boots and did the swap and I'm about 2k miles in so far so good. He did say when he talked to RCV that they mentioned there was an orange boot that was higher temp or something but for some reason they were saying it wouldn't work on the TRX cvs. I just don't get why they would have these other even better heavy duty boots and not offer them as an option for us TRX guys that are plagued by this problem. I've almost sold the truck I've been so frustrated with no solution.
 
I've had like 4 sets of their builds and have had some boots tear but definitely less than OEM. I will say the set that seems to be old faithful and I haven't torn yet I did coat them with multiple coats of rubberized undercarriage spray. I've probably gone through 15 cvs and no matter what I do I have yet to make it more than 5k miles without tearing a boot or totally blowing the CV. I've been having cv issues since I bought the truck with 3,000 miles on it and blew both sides my first road trip with like 4500 miles on. I put a diff drop on for a while but then I actually broke the billet bracket on it and was still tearing boots, so I knew that it's just a matter of time until I tore one of the rogue ones so that's why I just said screw it let's go with the RCV ones.

Then I blew both of those like the first week I got them and the guys at the Offroad shop told me that RCV had sent them a new set and that those must have been an old set and that the new ones would be much better. But you better believe I was pretty upset after dropping like 4k to fix a problem and it was definitely not fixed.

So the shop here in Cali Direct Offroad got the new boots and did the swap and I'm about 2k miles in so far so good. He did say when he talked to RCV that they mentioned there was an orange boot that was higher temp or something but for some reason they were saying it wouldn't work on the TRX cvs. I just don't get why they would have these other even better heavy duty boots and not offer them as an option for us TRX guys that are plagued by this problem. I've almost sold the truck I've been so frustrated with no solution.
Dang we're almost the same # of axles! We're around 17-18 axles now but ours last a bit longer than yours. We're getting at least 8k to max of around 15k miles btwn axles (with the exception of 1 defective OEM one and 1 crappy aftermarket one). Can you take a few pics of the boots on ur RCVs when u get a chance? Also, are you around stock HP and do you offroad yours?
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top