Timeframe before Dealers start coming off MSRP

Ok called them and this fools a lot of people so do not feel bad! They are showing 2 of these however they are sold already. I have a friend looking for one built on the ground locally, so I called. Both of these sold for 5k over msrp and the one coming in shortly will be the same way.

This is not the only dealer playing this game btw.
 
Yea there is no way dealers are doing 6k off a brand new truck that is in high demand. They are playing advertising games.
 
Ok called them and this fools a lot of people so do not feel bad! They are showing 2 of these however they are sold already. I have a friend looking for one built on the ground locally, so I called. Both of these sold for 5k over msrp and the one coming in shortly will be the same way.

This is not the only dealer playing this game btw.

That is a crazy game indeed. Both trucks are showing available on the dealer website. How would expect they anything but anger from customers?
 
They should all be reported to the FTC!!
People like this make you wonder what other things they are going to make conditional on the sale? Possibly ridiculous way overpriced "mandatory"add on's?

These are important words to understand and live by when dealing with the automotive industry-----"Caveat Emptor"!!
 
That is a crazy game indeed. Both trucks are showing available on the dealer website. How would expect they anything but anger from customers?

Not only are they doing it to create interest and new orders but they are breaking stellantis’s new MAP rule where they can’t even show any discount.
 
People like this make you wonder what other things they are going to make conditional on the sale? Possibly ridiculous way overpriced "mandatory"add on's?

These are important words to understand and live by when dealing with the automotive industry-----"Caveat Emptor"!!
Yep! Im sure there will be dealers at msrp then add on $6000 of ceramic spray and nitrogen in the tires after the truck gets there. Wish we could just buy direct from the manufacturer. Luckily there are some good dealers out there and we all on this forum know who they are .
 
Not only are they doing it to create interest and new orders but they are breaking stellantis’s new MAP rule where they can’t even show any discount.

Showing a big discount then saying sorry only ends with a pissed of customer. Amazed they think they can sell off that downer.
 
Unfortunately the number of good dealers is relatively small compared to all the shady ones. If they drop the allocation crap then it will be much easier for anyone to get a new TRX at sticker or below. Until that happens there will continue to be shady deals and big ADM depending location etc ...
 
Unfortunately the number of good dealers is relatively small compared to all the shady ones. If they drop the allocation crap then it will be much easier for anyone to get a new TRX at sticker or below. Until that happens there will continue to be shady deals and big ADM depending location etc ...
Yeah the allocation thing is done by RAM and meant to reward high volume dealers. Ram basically treats dealerships as sales reps and gives preference to their top performers- like any sales org would do.

I do agree that sales should all be direct and dealerships should only be for service and used cars. There is no reason to add a middle man for new sales.
 
ADM's dropping fast around me as trucks hit lot and no takers. Numerous at MSRP deals with ADM's now mainly under 5k. The mileage and current gas prices having an impact on sales, I think. I bet any butt in the door serious buyer could get any dealer to drop the ADM, to many on the ground and available. Work your trade values hard fella's! Good hunting!

what state are you in, give me a dealer?
Mayben up north where you are but in Texas---none on the ground that are MSRP. Very strong market here for these.
Nope, up north we are seeing ADMs between $5k and $35k. I luckily found a dealer selling 1 at MSRP. the guy a couple cubicles over paid $5k ADM for the other one.
 
Last edited:
There’s really nothing about the 27 that makes me want to pay $30k or more over the sandblast I got. Warranty, new blah blah yea I get it but no thanks. Also no go on the internal camera system they all have, yes I’m one of those guys.
Regarding coming off MSRP, it’ll take another 3-6 months once the guys who were 100% buying one are done, they will start to sit on lots. Also Ram limited allocations for the 27, once the amount of allocations goes back up, volume dealers will step back in like before. Can’t say I’ll ever be a customer, I’ll still to 22-24 models unless some crazy edition comes out
 
what state are you in, give me a dealer?

Nope, up north we are seeing ADMs between $5k and $35k. I luckily found a dealer selling 1 at MSRP. the guy a couple cubicles over paid $5k ADM for the other one.

Go to cars.com and search 250 miles of 56379
 
Just hang for a month or two. We'll know pretty soon.

RAM wants to move units. Period. They don't really care about dealer profit or anything of that nature. The more they move the more dealers will take them. It's as simple as that. Dealers need to buy certain numbers of trucks...RAM would prefer those be on the higher end of the margin scale. 100k TRX is about as good as it gets.
Thinking the same thing. Hope it they hurry up.
 
Guys at the end of the day the TRX isn’t a volume unit. If they care about moving them they would offer special financing. Ram needs their 5.7 line to make a comeback because sales have been horrible since the hurricane came out.
 
I mean, considering most of us (if not all) who ordered on actual first round allocations (not dealers accepting orders for non-guaranteed allocations) are still waiting on our trucks, I think it's going to be a while. I originally told Mark Dodge (Anthony) I was in no hurry and was willing to wait until January or February to get mine, but now seeing how many are getting build and mine is stuck with a VN and TBD, I want mine to get started lol. But instead Ram produced dealer stock instead of customer orders...and from what I can see what few black dealer stock trucks have come in are all sold before they arrive and above MSRP. There are advertisements online in the Houston area for TRX at MSRP already in transit, but when you inquire they throw in the ADM.

But in the end, who really knows. I am annoyed that Ram doesn't prioritize customer orders over dealer stock.
 
Go to cars.com and search 250 miles of 56379
You can't even come up with one at MSRP. If you can post it!

Many of us have searched nationwide and what you are seeing are either not for sale (already sold), or when you talk to a salesperson there is a mark-up.

So go find a legit MSRP TRX that one can buy today.
 
You can't even come up with one at MSRP. If you can post it!

Many of us have searched nationwide and what you are seeing are either not for sale (already sold), or when you talk to a salesperson there is a mark-up.

So go find a legit MSRP TRX that one can buy today.

Why? I know the deals are here/coming and why call if I'm not serious yet. There are enough dealers sitting with trucks that didn't get picked up. A serious buyer will find the deal, I always do. TX is probably hot with the oil patch doing well, good for them.
 
Why? I know the deals are here/coming and why call if I'm not serious yet. There are enough dealers sitting with trucks that didn't get picked up. A serious buyer will find the deal, I always do. TX is probably hot with the oil patch doing well, good for them.
Just give it up for say 6 months. (y)
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALJ

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top