Timeframe before Dealers start coming off MSRP

BigDaddyG

TRX Fan
Joined
Oct 8, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
30
Location
Nashville, Tennessee
Current Ride
22 TRX
Current Ride #2
GMC Sierra AT4
Military
Army
Just curious, when do you guys think they will start offering discounts off MSRP? (Like last go around)

I know RAM is looking to sell trucks, and like last time, I think they want to sell as many TRXs as people order. When do you guys think we start seeing discounts on orders like before?
 
Just curious, when do you guys think they will start offering discounts off MSRP? (Like last go around)

I know RAM is looking to sell trucks, and like last time, I think they want to sell as many TRXs as people order. When do you guys think we start seeing discounts on orders like before?
Im waiting on the sidelines as well and I think there a ton of guys doing the same. Im hoping something loosens up by years end as I need to replace my current truck. Even 5k off would get alot of guys to make the leap. If there are no deals by years end I am prepared to pay msrp but really dont hope thats the case!
 
It depends on dealers. My local dealers won’t even discount an RHO upfront unless you come in. Once I went in and test drove and did the whole dance they said 3k off is the best they can do- with a very serious attitude. Clowns also told me a 27 TRX all go for 40k over sticker and “people are lining up to pay it.” This was for a 2026 RHO sitting on their lot for 6 months. They had about 8 of them. Bayside Ram in queens, NY. I have a feeling a 5k discount won’t be happening at least for the 2027 MY- not in NY metro anyway. At least MSRP is doable in lots of places- Westbury, Garden city, Merrick
 
i think it's entirely dependent upon how fast new TRXs are selling. If they can't keep them on the lot, they're not doing any deals. My guess is you might see some deals off MSRP in december but you're gonna have to travel.
 
I got $2k off MSRP, was an order though
 
Just hang for a month or two. We'll know pretty soon.

RAM wants to move units. Period. They don't really care about dealer profit or anything of that nature. The more they move the more dealers will take them. It's as simple as that. Dealers need to buy certain numbers of trucks...RAM would prefer those be on the higher end of the margin scale. 100k TRX is about as good as it gets.
 
Market is very slow. Stellantis keeps pumping cars like there's no tomorrow. I see '27 Durango's in my area with 10k dealer discounts and only 9 views in the past month or I see Ford's with 15k dealer discounts (on SD trucks) and not selling. TRX is not Durango or your average SD Ford but market is very slow. 100k truck that has the payload of a Jeep and tow rating of a Subaru is a want and not a need. Unless Stellantis slows down production, TRX prices are going to deep in Jan but to get high in March, April after taxes. That said MY27 looks nice. Just seen one the other day and looked like a different car all together compared with my '22 or '23 or'24 I owned

End of fiscal year is 9/30. This is when all incentives expire and new ones are published. If anything you'd see discounts after oct 1st or in DEC
my2c
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top