They Got Me!

Todd3544

TRX Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Current Ride
2020 Range Rover Sport; 2019 Sierra Denali; 2014 Street Glide Special
Military
Navy (Ret)
Got the dreaded call from the Airport police the other day while I was out on travel. My TRX along with another travelers Trackhawk were stolen out of the daily parking garage. Thieves scouted the parking lot the night before - came back the next morning around 1030, used a programmer and stole my TRX then went to the lower level and stole the Trackhawk, and off they went. They were in the garage a total of 14 minutes. The Trackhawk owner came back first and reported his stolen that evening - which triggered the Police to review the video, then they found mine was actually taken first. Being that we are only 5 hours from Miami - I am sure both vehicles were in a container - on their way to Ghana by dinner....

Thieves had no worries or concern about the time or place. I was parked close to the elevators on the main terminal level... Didn't matter....

So now I wait..
 
That's gut wrenching, so sorry!
 
Update us on the end outcome. Always wonder how Insurance deals with these situations, and how the hell are you going to deal with getting another one?
 
Update us on the end outcome. Always wonder how Insurance deals with these situations, and how the hell are you going to deal with getting another one?
I'm anxiously waiting also.. Be interested to see how the evaluations come out based on current market values, being loaded to the gills and it barely having 7k miles on it...
 
That is awful. Out of curiosity, I am wondering what the phone app shows in a time like this. They probably disable or gut the GPS tracker immediately. Need an encrypted ECU with a dead switch mode or something on these higher power hellcat vehicles. Hoping insurance quickly rights this wrong for you.
 
Can you check on the app to see the location? Just asking - I can see where my wife’s Jeep is at all times.
 
Crazy. So glad I live where I do
 
That is awful. Out of curiosity, I am wondering what the phone app shows in a time like this. They probably disable or gut the GPS tracker immediately. Need an encrypted ECU with a dead switch mode or something on these higher power hellcat vehicles. Hoping insurance quickly rights this wrong for you.
A hidden fuel cut off switch is a great option is urban shitholes. I had one installed on any truck that I drove to Mexico. Small switch hidden in the cab that cuts off fuel flow. Vehicle starts, moves a few meters and then dies. Most of the time thieves won't diagnose the problem.
 
Man that really sucks!! Hope you get it sorted out and get some kind of fast track into another one.
 
Damn. I may resort to a kill switch, but hate that it would mean no remote start. Is there no aftermarket alarm system that can be added to defeat these kinds of thefts?
 
That is awful. Out of curiosity, I am wondering what the phone app shows in a time like this. They probably disable or gut the GPS tracker immediately. Need an encrypted ECU with a dead switch mode or something on these higher power hellcat vehicles. Hoping insurance quickly rights this wrong for you.
Locator showed "could not locate" when I tried that night (about 12 hrs after it was taken) and now that I have reported it to Guardian - that option is no longer available as Guardian is continuously pinging for it.
 
Damn. I may resort to a kill switch, but hate that it would mean no remote start. Is there no aftermarket alarm system that can be added to defeat these kinds of thefts?
Interestingly - I think an aftermarket alarm system with additional locator may be a deterrent. As they were taking mine, they police told me you can see on video they are shaking the truck really hard I am assuming to see if there is an aftermarket alarm system on it also. Being at the airport they have to assume they have some get away time built in too - prior to any report.
 
So sorry this happened. Not like you can just go to the nearest dealership and replace it either
 
Seems to be pretty common method for stealing mopars these days, sad.
 
Got the dreaded call from the Airport police the other day while I was out on travel. My TRX along with another travelers Trackhawk were stolen out of the daily parking garage. Thieves scouted the parking lot the night before - came back the next morning around 1030, used a programmer and stole my TRX then went to the lower level and stole the Trackhawk, and off they went. They were in the garage a total of 14 minutes. The Trackhawk owner came back first and reported his stolen that evening - which triggered the Police to review the video, then they found mine was actually taken first. Being that we are only 5 hours from Miami - I am sure both vehicles were in a container - on their way to Ghana by dinner....

Thieves had no worries or concern about the time or place. I was parked close to the elevators on the main terminal level... Didn't matter....

So now I wait..
Heartbreaking 😢 I'm so sorry that happened to you and your beloved TRX. These people committing these crimes are the worst kind of criminal in my mind
 
Interestingly - I think an aftermarket alarm system with additional locator may be a deterrent. As they were taking mine, they police told me you can see on video they are shaking the truck really hard I am assuming to see if there is an aftermarket alarm system on it also. Being at the airport they have to assume they have some get away time built in too - prior to any report.
Thanks for the additional info. Looks like I'll be talking to the shop about that along with the stereo work.
 
Locator showed "could not locate" when I tried that night (about 12 hrs after it was taken) and now that I have reported it to Guardian - that option is no longer available as Guardian is continuously pinging for it.
That sucks man, sorry to hear about it - scumbags everywhere……
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top