They Got Me!

I'd like to see UConnect add a 4-digit PIN to their version 5! ( or maybe a key feature of version 6 )

. . . you can still use Remote start - but before being allowed to remove it from Park, you need to enter a PIN.

Or you can start it normally, and again, be locked in Park until you enter a 4-digit PIN.

. . . just a modded TCM and an updated UConnect . . .

OK FCA get on that! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
 
Fuse 01 (25A) in the exterior PDC feeds the fuel pump. Replace this fuse with a micro 2 fuse tap... install the 25A fuse in the top portion of the fuse tap. Connect the fuse tap pigtail to your hidden kill switch, then connect the other side of the kill switch back to the empty socket in the fuse tap (use a voltmeter to find which side to connect it to - connect it to the side WITHOUT power when the key is on).

Essentially, this puts a switch inline with the fuse, killing power to the fuel pump. The upside is it's simple to install, and easily reversible (just remove fuse tap, and re-install original fuse). The downside is it's visible to anyone who knows what to look for, and can be defeated quickly. A more permanent solution is to cut into the wiring down by the fuel tank/pump, and splice in the kill switch. Find the 16 gauge (1.5mm) dark blue/orange wire in the wiring harness running alongside the driver's side frame rail, going towards the fuel tank. Cut this wire, and splice in the kill switch.
Added you to the smart list 👏
 
Fuse 01 (25A) in the exterior PDC feeds the fuel pump. Replace this fuse with a micro 2 fuse tap... install the 25A fuse in the top portion of the fuse tap. Connect the fuse tap pigtail to your hidden kill switch, then connect the other side of the kill switch back to the empty socket in the fuse tap (use a voltmeter to find which side to connect it to - connect it to the side WITHOUT power when the key is on).

Essentially, this puts a switch inline with the fuse, killing power to the fuel pump. The upside is it's simple to install, and easily reversible (just remove fuse tap, and re-install original fuse). The downside is it's visible to anyone who knows what to look for, and can be defeated quickly. A more permanent solution is to cut into the wiring down by the fuel tank/pump, and splice in the kill switch. Find the 16 gauge (1.5mm) dark blue/orange wire in the wiring harness running alongside the driver's side frame rail, going towards the fuel tank. Cut this wire, and splice in the kill switch.
I am planning to wire this fuse into one of the aux switches as a quick kill switch for sketchy parking lots. If I we're going to be leaving it overnight somewhere like an airport, I'd want something a bit more secure, but hopefully the aux kill switch would defeat 9 out of 10 attempts.
 
I am planning to wire this fuse into one of the aux switches as a quick kill switch for sketchy parking lots. If I we're going to be leaving it overnight somewhere like an airport, I'd want something a bit more secure, but hopefully the aux kill switch would defeat 9 out of 10 attempts.
The problem with using the Aux switches is that most trucks don't remember their settings, so you need to wire it such that turning the Aux ON enables power on the circuit... so you have to turn the Aux ON to start the truck.

Otherwise, if you have it set up such that turning the Aux switch ON disables the truck... it won't remain on after a key-off cycle... it will revert to powering the circuit, thereby defeating the whole purpose.

If you're one of the lucky ones, and your Aux switches retain their state, then ignore the above.
 
$800 iPhone is secure
$84,000 Ram TRX is not
I can't image not replacing my truck ASAP
It truly is a fantastic business plan by Ram to sell more trucks.
This is true and its funny that someone mentioned throwing an AirTag in the truck. Cant disable that...
 
The problem with using the Aux switches is that most trucks don't remember their settings, so you need to wire it such that turning the Aux ON enables power on the circuit... so you have to turn the Aux ON to start the truck.

Otherwise, if you have it set up such that turning the Aux switch ON disables the truck... it won't remain on after a key-off cycle... it will revert to powering the circuit, thereby defeating the whole purpose.

If you're one of the lucky ones, and your Aux switches retain their state, then ignore the above.
Thanks for the heads up. If I can't get the aux switches to work I guess I will have to mount a remote switch in the cab.
 
Did you enable valet mode in Guardian when you parked?
 
Funny Story…. I got my bill from Florida Sunpass emailed to me today. I had my sunpass in my other car so didn’t event think to look at it. - FL has made most of the tolls license plate readers, so even if you don’t have your toll transponder it will still read/charge. The a$&hats took it down the Florida Turnpike - the last read was near Port Everglades, Ft Lauderdale, about 6 hours after they stole it.
 
. . . I actually think I'm going to look into that Revelco thing-a-ma-bobber.

Does it come in a more non-conspicuous black? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Got the dreaded call from the Airport police the other day while I was out on travel. My TRX along with another travelers Trackhawk were stolen out of the daily parking garage. Thieves scouted the parking lot the night before - came back the next morning around 1030, used a programmer and stole my TRX then went to the lower level and stole the Trackhawk, and off they went. They were in the garage a total of 14 minutes. The Trackhawk owner came back first and reported his stolen that evening - which triggered the Police to review the video, then they found mine was actually taken first. Being that we are only 5 hours from Miami - I am sure both vehicles were in a container - on their way to Ghana by dinner....

Thieves had no worries or concern about the time or place. I was parked close to the elevators on the main terminal level... Didn't matter....

So now I wait..
All hellcat vehicles r high targets thunk there out doing the 86 irco z28 camero if u find 1 of those that wasn't stolen least once that's a find. Now I'm afraid theses hellcats r prime targets.
 
I'd like to see UConnect add a 4-digit PIN to their version 5! ( or maybe a key feature of version 6 )

. . . you can still use Remote start - but before being allowed to remove it from Park, you need to enter a PIN.

Or you can start it normally, and again, be locked in Park until you enter a 4-digit PIN.

. . . just a modded TCM and an updated UConnect . . .

OK FCA get on that! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Here is what is currently available from dodge for the challenger / charger hellcats

one would think that the TRX should have had this option as well.
 
This makes me sick... like actually stomach turning. This will be the first vehicle I have ever owned that I ordered exactly the way I wanted it. I can't imagine having some grease ball take it from me like that. So sorry. There really should be no penalty for shooting thieves.
 
Damn. I may resort to a kill switch, but hate that it would mean no remote start. Is there no aftermarket alarm system that can be added to defeat these kinds of thefts?
This is exactly what I am preparing for ... in Europe, cars are being stolen "to order" in the post-Soviet countries. My TRX is already in the EU and is undergoing the approval process. As soon as I have it, I have the "VAM Vampire" or "Pandora" security system installed in it! Pandora is more user-friendly, but no car has been stolen with the VAM alarm yet! Ordinary GPS locators are canceled by a thief with a "toy" from Ebay.
 
I’m gonna run in through the gear shifter along with the usb wiring up in the dash to the push button start. The switch will be inside the console safe.
 
I was at my inlaws for dinner and they told me about a Lexus that had been stolen across from their house. The entire theft was filmed by the camera system that they had. First a man came buy and took a picture of the vin number. About 10 mins later a crew showed up and opened the car with a remote while two guys put on license plates. There were all wearing hoodies and had masks on so the police were unable to use the video to find the car. They drove away in the car. Total time to steal it from the round right in front of the neighbours house was minutes. The thieves used the Vin number to get the fob device to work. I don't know if this would help but you might want to leave a paper over the windshield vin while parked.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top