RAVELCO THREAD

BlueTRX

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
Being it seems TRXs can be started by a 5yo with a paperclip and multiple trucks are being stolen, please leave your review of the RAVELCO anti theft system.
I think some here have gotten it installed, care to share details?
Im sure many like me are avoiding driving their trucks to some places and trucks are being stolen mid day at big store parking lots.

Will our remote start work with this? I'm thinking not but wanted to check

No dealer in Iowa either. I just got an email from them saying I could purchase directly from them and have a mechanic of my choice install it in approximately 1-2 hours ($100-200). Still thinking, I hate to lose my remote start.

No dealer in Iowa either. I just got an email from them saying I could purchase directly from them and have a mechanic of my choice install it in approximately 1-2 hours ($100-200). Still thinking, I hate to lose my remote start.
Not bad though. At least an option for those who live in states without representation.

This along with Addshocksensor.com kit would be quite effective and only be around $900 installed. I like the idea of a shock sensor along with the Ravelco. If they do indeed work together. I've asked.

I do wish the remote start worked without the plug inserted, but that isn't that big of a deal. Mine will fit in a garage, so that would really only come into play when out and about when it's really hot. That said, it's all about mitigation. If you've parked in a very secure and filmed area then I would be ok leaving the plug in. Just depends.

No dealers here in NY. I wonder if it's against thieves working rights of this state
So you can’t legally carry and you can’t protect your investment?
Why do you punish yourself living in that horrible state?
I think there is an installer NJ if it’s not far for you. Don’t know where in NY you live.

Cool device. Too bad they don't have installers in MI, OH or IN. I refuse to drive to Chicago to get one there.
You need to stand guard with an ak in hand while they are doing the installation.

You need to stand guard with an ak in hand while they are doing the installation.
Man you joke, but back in 2017 none of the dealers down here would order me a Colorado ZR2 Diesel the way I wanted it, I found one on the lot in downtown Chicago and bought it and drove up to go get it. The salesman and the finance manager both warned me to be out of the area before dark and not to stop to eat anywhere. They were completely serious and it was an eye opening experience for me being from a medium sized town in the south.

No dealers here in NY. I wonder if it's against thieves working rights of this state
I'm in Huntington...let me know if you find a good solution.

I plan on going the Ravelco route too especially knowing you can ditch the hideous plug in an inconspicuous spot

Back