Possible to Track TRX Shipment?

tkdr6

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie
Reached out to the very helpful FCA chat this morning and asked if they can track my truck shipment since I've already received the online window sticker. FCA online chat did NOT provide any useful information other than they said the dealership should have tracking information and should be able to provide shipping updates. I have a call into the dealership and waiting for their response.

Someone somewhere in some system has to know where these trucks are and have some way to track them throughout the shipping process. You don't ship a $90k truck without being able to track it... ;)

Anyone find a way to track shipment yet?

Was discussed a few times in other threads but with no definite answers and all varies based on transit types. My dealer could give me daily updates on the rail transit but that amounted to changes in the ETA, not exact locations along the route. They couldn't see the actual train car number which was what was needed to get more accurate tracking through CSX rails system. Their system showed them the loaded timestamp, ETA, actual arrival and then unloaded timestamps. Once its on a truck they again can provide the carrier and load number which can be used to track the truck.

I've not been able to figure out how to do it. I think dealer is the best resource if they are willing to help. I've looked at a members on this forum who have gotten theirs and it appears 10-12 days from window sticker if you are located in the SE US like me. I also checked dealer stock and it aligns with the 10-12 day timeframe. My WS was 1/20 so I'm hoping any day now.

Coincidentally, while I was typing that I got another text from my dealer with a screen shot of the table I'm describing above, saying my truck had finally moved out of the railyard and is at the truck outgate.

Annoying that it took 12 days to make it the first 700 miles of its trip and now 6 days later it still hasn't moved and only has 60 miles left to be to my dealer.

Tell me about it! They told me it has moved to the outgate which means it has been unloaded from the train finally and is in the yard waiting on a truck to be loaded onto at this point so it still hasn't left the train yard yet but its closer.

I asked my dealer, and he told me the system is called Dealer Connect but he also said he isnt sure if all dealers use the same system. That may help point your dealer in the right direction to give you a screen shot of the same data. It is very useful, goes all the way back to when it went down the assembly line, when it went to Mopar, trucked to storage, trucked to rail yard, loaded, etc, delivery, etc. Fairly complete list of all steps from start to finish. It has carriers, but not specific car numbers for rail, or load numbers for the trucks to allow REALTIME tracking at each individual company at that point.

Actually its very possible. You inject your truck with a tracking implant and then reach out to BCU to track it down. Mind you the TRX is very advanced and it can take out its own tracking implant and also camouflage at which point tracking it becomes difficult. Here is the system in use:

Mine has been in camouflage since I placed my order lol. Wish I could have been more helpful but a laugh is always good :)

Track Your Shipment - CSX.com, Based on this, even if I would have found a specific train car number it would have required a ShipCSX registered account. Looks like you have to be an existing CSX customer in order to create an account and be allowed to track cars. So I just settled for knowing the ship date and the ETA of the train ride.

Last edited:
Luckily for me I don't have to deal with it since mine will get trucked all the way to my dealer in Ohio...
Now I got to just make sure I don't piss off Stilettoes before Valentines day....

Coincidentally, while I was typing that I got another text from my dealer with a screen shot of the table I'm describing above, saying my truck had finally moved out of the railyard and is at the truck outgate.

Annoying that it took 12 days to make it the first 700 miles of its trip and now 6 days later it still hasn't moved and only has 60 miles left to be to my dealer.
The really sucks.

My dealership just told me their systems says the truck will be at their dealership by this Friday 2-5, which seems REALLY fast since I just got Window sticker last Thursday. However, he did say don't count on it, as the estimated arrival date is usually NOT that accurate.

I've heard about a guy that ordered a Chevy and somehow the dealer activated the Onstar and he tracked it from the plant all the way to his dealer from the Onstar app. So maybe it's somehow possible to track your TRX with the Uconnect Vehicle Finder. I'm not knowledgeable about Uconnect so 🤷‍♂️

I've heard about a guy that ordered a Chevy and somehow the dealer activated the Onstar and he tracked it from the plant all the way to his dealer from the Onstar app. So maybe it's somehow possible to track your TRX with the Uconnect Vehicle Finder. I'm not knowledgeable about Uconnect so 🤷‍♂️
Sounds like a great idea, just not sure if it can be done for the TRX.

I did download the Mopar app and registered my TRX VIN but it’s still listed as having no owner yet.

Yea, that was discussed in another thread here a month or so ago right when trucks first started shipping. It has been a couple years since I added my current truck to the UConnect app so I dont remember this step personally but others had said that the truck has to be powered on for a period of time while the first link is established between the truck and the app so you would have to have some inside help between your dealer and the factory in order to get it going before it shipped.

GM/Onstar shut that down. A good amount of people did that with their C8s early into production after a youtuber showed how to do it and remote started his car from the app while it was in the plant parking lot awaiting shipment. Now with the C8s, the phone app won't find the vehicle until it is entered into the system at the dealership before delivery. I would imagine Ram does something similar but possible they don't. Ford requires you to confirm in the vehicle before connecting.

I’m searching the forum, but we don’t have Vehicle/location Finder on the 12 inch screens. Sucks

I’m searching the forum, but we don’t have Vehicle/location Finder on the 12 inch screens. Sucks
Vehicle / location finder is available in the Uconnect app through Sirius Guardian. You / dealer have to activate the account when your truck shows up.

Vehicle / location finder is available in the Uconnect app through Sirius Guardian. You / dealer have to activate the account when your truck shows up.
I have Uconnect app activated. I can lock/unlock , start/cancel & horn. No health or location. Pressed the assist button, and was told not on the 2021 12” screen.

I might be misunderstanding you but you should be able to locate it on the app. It takes forever and a day but it actually works.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back