Pedal commander

My point is making your throttle more sensitive to driver input is a simple cell you can make with a hptuners type of calibrator.

Piggyback or inline signal manipulators are a thing of the old tuning days too.
Oh I get what you’re saying.... but the minute I read a stock file and manipulate and flash the ECM...

Is the minute I go down that path... my intention is to try to leave this truck “stock” from an engine perspective. I dove deep into the raptor platform and it really became all consuming... tons of fun but I don’t want to get into it again.

I’ll stop at accessories this time around... retrax powertrax, maybe a light bar behind the grille if there is room.... some more aggressive tread...
if

If I see folks doing pullies without much hassle... maybe I’d consider that at some point... but then again... maybe not.

Anyone gonna use one?
I don't think it needs it. I drive several different trucks/cars pretty regularly, and the TRX throttle isn't one that I feel needs much help. It's not touchy, but it definitely isn't lazy either. Pretty easy to get the truck moving quickly without jamming the gas all the way down.

I’ll pass, I don’t think it is needed. I have had it on a previous car and in my opinion, people add it due to the inadequacies of the automobile they are currently driving. I am not seeing any throttle response issues on this truck when out into sport mode.

I had one briefly for my raptor prior to getting tuned. Trx doesn’t need it. The raptor had a lagging pedal response plus turbo lag! Supercharger and more aggressive stock throttle response negate its usefulness.

I have the peddle commander on my 3500, it is really needed when I am pulling 30,000 lbs and need to get up to speed, when weight isn't on the backend, she is really peppy. With a SC truck, there is no need for the peddle commander. She is very quick with limited peddle input.

Last edited:
D0742C98-16DA-4835-9E6E-8D6D03A283C4.jpeg

I agree with Custom. She’s peppy now without being too touchy. Drive it before you purchase would be my suggestion.

I have one on my sierra 6.2. Throttle lag was terrible from the factory. I run it on sport 4 which is plenty I think. There is another sport+ 1-4 setting I haven't even tried. I definitely don't baby it and I get 18.9 MPG combined

I think it needs it when in auto, if in sport it's fine but I don't want to run down the highway in sport.

I think it needs it when in auto, if in sport it's fine but I don't want to run down the highway in sport.
My custom setting is everything in sport except transmission/stability in street. I’m way happier with its overall manners on street like this

I think a Barefoot gas pedal is more important

1616632370483.jpeg

Seriously, does anyone have a picture of the gas and brake pedals to see if they can be customized.
sometimes adding a larger pedal, billet or otherwise helps the pedal feel.

I've never used one but does the pedal commander let you get full throttle without having to floor it? I read the eco mode could be used as limiter for like a teen if you don't want to mess with valet mode

I've never used one but does the pedal commander let you get full throttle without having to floor it?
Yes that's exactly what it does. They don't really do much else, they don't increase power or anything like that, but it's all about perception. I have one in my Cayman S and I had one in my 2015 RAM 1500 Sport and I can tell you that they DEF make the vehicle more fun to drive. The PERCEPTION of power makes all the difference when we're just talking about FUN. Having to stomp the pedal to the floor to get to WFO isn't nearly as fun as feeling the truck jump to life with a more metered press of the pedal. It feels like the difference between using a Black and Decker electric hedge trimmer versus a big beefy commercial Husqvarna logging chainsaw. Coming from my 1500 with the PULSAR by Diablosport, I am accustomed to greater throttle response. I don't really feel any diff in throttle response with Sport Mode on my truck. I would honestly like a little more from the accelerator in the TRX, so I'm interested, but the link provided in this thread gives me a 404 error.

I want to try it out just to see. Every chance I get I floor it so if it will help me do it faster, why not lol. @Johnny@JustBoltOns your link broke lol

I want to try it out just to see. Every chance I get I floor it so if it will help me do it faster, why not lol. @Johnny@JustBoltOns your link broke lol
We temporarily had to stop selling them. Apparently EPA is having an issue with the Pedal Commanders now too...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back