Mopar Extended Warranty

GNXtoWS6

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Bill
Current Ride
BLK TRX, sold the Trackhawk
You're the best!! Yes indeed, super convo today!!
OkieTRX80 - can you please message me with your contact details. I just brought home my new ride and need an extended warranty. I pm'd you last week but not sure if I don't have enough posts to allow a PM to go through. Thanks!

thackl

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
ted
Current Ride
2021 TRX, 2018 720s, 2011 R8 V10 gated, 2002 viper RT10, 2018 M5, 1981 FJ40, some bikes
I got a 6/60 with $200 deduct from him last week for under 700. Local dealer wanted $2100 and wouldn't budge!!

GNXtoWS6

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Bill
Current Ride
BLK TRX, sold the Trackhawk
Big thanks @OkieTRX80 for setting me up with my Mopar Maxcare extended warranty!!! Could not have been easier and my vehicle purchasing dealer could not compare.

MikeO

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Black TRX
Current Ride #2
Audi Q5
So I went to pay for my truck yesterday and the guy was trying to sell me the whole warranty speech. I said to the guy, for full transparency I want the 8 year/85k/200 deduct warranty for $1,500 ($100 over cost). He obviously came back with a whole speech about he couldn't do it so I told him thank you I will get it elsewhere, he won't sell it for that cheap.

I am going to determine if I'm going to mod it in the next month or so otherwise I'll be reaching out about it.

SorbSRT

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep JTR LE, 2018 JEEP JLR
Military
USCG
That's exactly my point i had a long discussion on FB about this with a guy that is selling extended warranty for $100 now $200 over his cost
My question is if you { like me } know that you are not going to put on your truck more than 36k in 3 years why do you want to give a dealer adisional 2K { warranties and financing are where the dealer is making the most amount of money btw } on top of $90+ that you are paying for the truck ?
Simple rule if your 3 year is about to expire then you start shopping for your extended warranty it might cost you a little more but at least you don't piss away 2k during your first 3 years
Know that if you trade or sell your vehicle during the extended warranty period you can get your residual back for the unused portion of your policy. This means you’re not throwing $$$ away if you sell it, and if it’s transferable, it may help sell the vehicle at a higher price.

Traded my Grand Cherokee with 75K miles. Had 100k bumper to bumper coverage. Paid $2,200 for the policy. Used $4k of it after factory warranty ended. After trade in received $900 back. Came out way ahead.

TReX-RAM

TRX Junkie 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Glad to see this thread is still so active (had it in the bookmarks). Going to pick mine up tomorrow. Got to see if I can use the price sheet (somewhere in this thread) to get the deal reasonable, or if I get to meet OkieTRX80 professionally.
Let’s meet up.

Trxtreme

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Gmc
Hello, thanks for responding to my request to purchase and extended the warranty for you. My son and I are picking up our trx’s this coming Monday and We would like to get two extended warranties from you. Please let me know the process to move forward to get the warranties Thanks so much, Mike & Ryan

TReX-RAM

TRX Junkie 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Hello, thanks for responding to my request to purchase and extended the warranty for you. My son and I are picking up our trx’s this coming Monday and We would like to get two extended warranties from you. Please let me know the process to move forward to get the warranties Thanks so much, Mike & Ryan
Adding @OkieTRX80 so he has visibility

Trxtreme

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Gmc
OkieTRX80 Hello, thanks for responding to my request to purchase and extended the warranty for you. My son and I are picking up our trx’s this coming Monday and We would like to get two extended warranties from you. Please let me know the process to move forward to get the warranties Thanks so much, Mike & Ryan

cerberus006

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Doug
Current Ride
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I would also like to purchase extended warranty. If you could send me contact info.

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Raptor, 2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
@OkieTRX80, I am also interested in an extended warranty, please PM me your contract info. Thank you.

BowesEsq

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I skimmed the forum, but haven't found any discussion of the difference between the "Official Mopar Vehicle Protection - Powered by Mopar" (https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection.html) and the Zeigler "Factory-Backed" plan most seem to be talking about (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Why_Mopar_Warranty). Biggest difference I've seen so far is price, w/ the former being almost $5K more expensive than the latter on 100K/8 yr/$100 deduct. I can't envision a coverage variance that would compel me to pay that much more, but does anyone know the difference between their respective "Maximum Care" plans? TIA.

Steiger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver level 2
It is my understanding they are one in the same

BowesEsq

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Just got off the phone with Zeigler and they confirmed it's exactly the same product and coverage as the "official Mopar" plan. Useable at any dealership or authorized repair shop (although dealers can process in-house, so usually quicker).

They're just a dealership selling these for a small profit (and no sales tax for out of state purchasers at least). The code "PAYINFULL"--found on this forum--saved me $365 on a 125K/7 yr/$100 deduct plan (WM7125N). Final price = $2,450. The "official Mopar" wanted $7,805 for the same damn thing. My selling dealership wanted around $4K. SMDH.

I appreciate this forum and its members.

Tom488

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
They are. The folks at Zeigler are clicking on the EXACT SAME POS (that's Point Of Sale, not, well...) system as your local price-gouging Finance Manager at your dealership would. There is only one Official Mopar MaxCare Service Contract.

In fact, I just received this in the mail today from Mother Mopar, after purchasing the service contact through Zeigler last month (purchased on 5/5, if I remember correctly):

20210607_185650.jpg

20210607_185715.jpg

LV_TRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
I brought a copy of my Zeigler MaxCare Extended Warranty quote with me when I purchased my TRX, and my dealer (reluctantly) matched the price. Purchased it from my dealer.

Also wanted a Tire/Road Hazard Mopar Warranty, but my dealer for some reason couldn't pull it up. Purchased that from Zeigler.

If I go online to my Mopar account, it shows BOTH the MaxCare Policy from my dealer, plus the Road Hazard from Zeigler under one "master" Mopar Policy. Also received a physical copy in the mail.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com