FAS lower pulley...

You only had the driveshaft on for how many miles before adding predator? Now you've got predator on and you're flooring it more often and now the driveshaft has a few miles on it and is singing it's song. I'd do a full undercarriage check before ripping off the Ripa. Check for grease anywhere. Check CV boots/etc for tears/etc. Check to see if there's any signs of something else. Then if nothing, swap the drivesahft and see if it still happens. I'd swap driveshafts 3x before i swapped the predator out.
Already had dealer and a specialty shop check out the entire truck. No issues or anything like that.
 
I’m pulling the driveshaft off and sending it back to Ripa as it makes a lot of tinny noises at low parking lot speeds and when shifting from park to reverse to drive and back and forth. It is very noisy. I’m putting the stock driveshaft back on Tuesday so I can return the driveshaft to see what’s wrong with it. It may be the driveshaft but it didn’t do it before the predator install.

Makes tinny noises? Like...rattling noises?

Be very curious to see if this goes away when you're back to the factory driveshaft.
 
You only had the driveshaft on for how many miles before adding predator? Now you've got predator on and you're flooring it more often and now the driveshaft has a few miles on it and is singing its song. I'd do a full undercarriage check before ripping off the Ripa. Check for grease anywhere. Check CV boots/etc for tears/etc. Check to see if there's any signs of something else. Then if nothing, swap the drivesahft and see if it still happens. I'd swap driveshafts 3x before i swapped the predator out.
Driveshaft went on at 3,676 miles and Predator went on at 5,784 miles. I now have 7,000 miles on the truck. So you think the driveshaft is the issue?
 
Last edited:
Makes tinny noises? Like...rattling noises?

Be very curious to see if this goes away when you're back to the factory driveshaft.
Not so much rattling, but metal on metal tinny sounds. It’s very pronounced and annoying. My wife who is clueless asked me what that noise is because it is very noticeable.
 
Not so much rattling, but metal on metal tinny sounds. It’s very pronounced and annoying. My wife who is clueless asked me what that noise is because it is very noticeable.

That's a bummer. And I see you're getting no shortage of feedback here which may or may not be helpful (including my own, lol).

I had all my work (Eibach level, Method wheels, Corsa, K&N and the Predator) done at a dealer.

I am fully aware that in the event of catastrophic failure, I may be SOL when it comes to warranty work.

That said, the work done all falls more or less within factory tolerances, and for any minor grievances I've had including a suspension 'clunk' that's shown up since the level kit and some vibrating with the intake, the dealership has been pretty cool looking after this as part of the maintenance plan on the truck or for a half hour of shop time.

Is your local dealer cool enough to help here?
 
That's a bummer. And I see you're getting no shortage of feedback here which may or may not be helpful (including my own, lol).

I had all my work (Eibach level, Method wheels, Corsa, K&N and the Predator) done at a dealer.

I am fully aware that in the event of catastrophic failure, I may be SOL when it comes to warranty work.

That said, the work done all falls more or less within factory tolerances, and for any minor grievances I've had including a suspension 'clunk' that's shown up since the level kit and some vibrating with the intake, the dealership has been pretty cool looking after this as part of the maintenance plan on the truck or for a half hour of shop time.

Is your local dealer cool enough to help here?
Local dealer installed the Predator for me and I had a specialty shop check it over, remove it and trim more of the AC bracket away from the Predator just in case the pulley was hitting. Still makes noise. My service advisor is awesome! He has a 1,500 HP Charger Hellcat and has been very helpful in trying to see where all the noise is coming from. My dealer also installed my Alcon brakes and Ripa driveshaft. They even took the driveshaft off at the request of Steven Ripa in order to make sure the needle bearings were seated properly. My dealer’s best master tech has done all the work on my TRX so far. I really am very thankful for all they have done for me so far.
 
They already sent me a return label for it. Don’t know what the outcome will be with it, but we will see.
He will “inspect it” (and won’t know wtf he is looking at) and then say its your fault. Then he will contact the actual maker of it for guidance and they will tell him its his warranty now because he put a Ripa-Me-Off decal on it. He won’t warranty anything so I hope you used a credit card
 
He will “inspect it” (and won’t know wtf he is looking at) and then say its your fault. Then he will contact the actual maker of it for guidance and they will tell him its his warranty now because he put a Ripa-Me-Off decal on it. He won’t warranty anything so I hope you used a credit card
Yes, of course I used a credit card. He guarantees it against clunking, but let’s see if he warranties it for abnormal noises. My stock driveshaft was perfectly quiet. No issues. I should have just left it alone.
 
Local dealer installed the Predator for me and I had a specialty shop check it over, remove it and trim more of the AC bracket away from the Predator just in case the pulley was hitting. Still makes noise. My service advisor is awesome! He has a 1,500 HP Charger Hellcat and has been very helpful in trying to see where all the noise is coming from. My dealer also installed my Alcon brakes and Ripa driveshaft. They even took the driveshaft off at the request of Steven Ripa in order to make sure the needle bearings were seated properly. My dealer’s best master tech has done all the work on my TRX so far. I really am very thankful for all they have done for me so far.
There should’ve been no need to shave anything after the initial install if there was no signs of where on the belt or on the predator
 
Local dealer installed the Predator for me and I had a specialty shop check it over, remove it and trim more of the AC bracket away from the Predator just in case the pulley was hitting. Still makes noise. My service advisor is awesome! He has a 1,500 HP Charger Hellcat and has been very helpful in trying to see where all the noise is coming from. My dealer also installed my Alcon brakes and Ripa driveshaft. They even took the driveshaft off at the request of Steven Ripa in order to make sure the needle bearings were seated properly. My dealer’s best master tech has done all the work on my TRX so far. I really am very thankful for all they have done for me so far.

That is bad-ass!

The shop foreman here is also a big hellcat guy, loves the truck and helping me out. We are lucky indeed!

Sounds like you could very well be dealing with a causation vs. correlation thang here with your mods.

Please keep us updated on the driveshaft.
 
That's a bummer. And I see you're getting no shortage of feedback here which may or may not be helpful (including my own, lol).

I had all my work (Eibach level, Method wheels, Corsa, K&N and the Predator) done at a dealer.

I am fully aware that in the event of catastrophic failure, I may be SOL when it comes to warranty work.

That said, the work done all falls more or less within factory tolerances, and for any minor grievances I've had including a suspension 'clunk' that's shown up since the level kit and some vibrating with the intake, the dealership has been pretty cool looking after this as part of the maintenance plan on the truck or for a half hour of shop time.

Is your local dealer cool enough to help here?
Tell me about the suspension clunk. I recently developed a pop of some kind that feels like it’s coming from the driver side strut area. I also have the Eibach level kit.
 
There should’ve been no need to shave anything after the initial install if there was no signs of where on the belt or on the predator
I agree. I was being over cautious. Let’s hope it’s the driveshaft.
 
Driveshaft went on at 3,676 miles and Predator went on at 5,784 miles. I now have 7,000 miles on the truck. So you think the driveshaft is the issue?
If you had a stock driveshaft, that would probably not be my first guess, but because you have aftermarket and its making a sound that is likely speed related then I would definitely put my eggs in that basket over the predator based on what you’ve told us so far
 
If you had a stock driveshaft, that would probably not be my first guess, but because you have aftermarket and its making a sound that is likely speed related then I would definitely put my eggs in that basket over the predator based on what you’ve told us so far
Yeah, based on what I’m being told here, my first step is to go back to the stock driveshaft and to re-test a few WOT runs to see if that noise went away. That noise was never there until the predator was installed so I don’t know what to think. We will see once the stock driveshaft goes back on the truck.
 
Last edited:
That is bad-ass!

The shop foreman here is also a big hellcat guy, loves the truck and helping me out. We are lucky indeed!

Sounds like you could very well be dealing with a causation vs. correlation thang here with your mods.

Please keep us updated on the driveshaft.
Swapped out the Ripa driveshaft today for the stock one and noise that I was having driveshaft wise is gone. It’s nice and quiet now, thankfully. I am still however getting that high pitch whine from the FAS pulley. Nico at FAS has been great! He said he is going to send me a replacement next week when he gets his next batch completed. I will swap pulleys and report back. Hopefully that high pitch dentist drill sound will be gone once I swap the pulley out. If not, then I have some serious harmonics going on in my engine bay.
 
Is anyone with the FAS or FAS/intake combo running 91? Or is pretty much everyone running 93?
 
Is anyone with the FAS or FAS/intake combo running 91? Or is pretty much everyone running 93?
I was running 91 with the pulley and AFE intake for ~3 weeks no issues. I ended up getting tuned since I added more mods.
 
Does it take a while for the computer to adapt? Mines installed but didn’t seem any faster.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top