2023+ digital cluster swap (COMPLETE WRITE UP)

If you are talking about sending me a message, I do not or did not get one. Only one I have is from Jimmy007 about the extra Harness he just shipped me. As I was trying to figure out why the Maps would not load.
@p6cl I would like to purchase the cluster and harness. Please Pm me if still available. Weird my message didn’t go through.

I know some were wondering where else they can view the actual mileage after the cluster swap. If you connect to the PCM (under “engine” I believe) and “read system status” it gives you readings from the 4 wheel speed sensors which you can average out.
IMG_8641.jpeg
IMG_8640.jpeg

Still hoping to get mileage correction done ASAP. If anyone else wants to shoot AlfaOBD an email to help push this along, that would be great:

info@alfaobd.com

I also messaged J-Scan just because.

I know some were wondering where else they can view the actual mileage after the cluster swap. If you connect to the PCM (under “engine” I believe) and “read system status” it gives you readings from the 4 wheel speed sensors which you can average out.View attachment 127881View attachment 127884
Still hoping to get mileage correction done ASAP. If anyone else wants to shoot AlfaOBD an email to help push this along, that would be great:

info@alfaobd.com

I surprised your AGS* has survived 2.1 billion actuations. 🤣 *Sarcasm*

I know some were wondering where else they can view the actual mileage after the cluster swap. If you connect to the PCM (under “engine” I believe) and “read system status” it gives you readings from the 4 wheel speed sensors which you can average out.View attachment 127881View attachment 127884

info@alfaobd.com

so there are four location holds the odometer location and one of them being the digital cluster. Your numbers are super close to each other, which one is your cluster reading?

so there are four location holds the odometer location and one of them being the digital cluster. Your numbers are super close to each other, which one is your cluster reading?
None of those. The readings in the pic are from the individual wheel speed sensors in the PCM which align with how many miles are actually on the truck (+/- 100 or so). The cluster stores its own mileage which is 819, currently.

so the pcm doesn’t record an accurate mileage, it just records the 4 wheels speed sensors?
That was all I was able to find in there. I may do a little more poking around in other modules tomorrow. An exact reading would be nice but may not be possible. I do have it written down at least…

JScan got back to me. They said mileage correction is not yet ready. Which at least implies that they are working on it. Good to hear. Side note, they did say they have key programming for DTs 100% ready and working if anyone needs to make some extra fobs very cheaply.

Does the CVPM camera calibration require the MS-CAN BLUE adapter? That would suck!

I cannot get mine to program. I put my 2022 one back in, but I was using the MX + without an adapter and it was able to connect to it.

Does the CVPM camera calibration require the MS-CAN BLUE adapter? That would suck!
Not if you’re using an OBDLink MX+, EX, or vlinker MC, MC+, FD.
All the blue adapter does is physically switches obd port pins 3&11 over to pins 6&14, which the above listed interfaces do automatically.

Was being cheap and got a LX. Guess I’ll spring for the MX now. 🤦🏾‍♂️

You don’t HAVE to get the expensive MX. It’s no more special than the vLinker FD
Seen the price difference on Amazon and went with the Vlinker FD. Thanks!

Has anyone needed to take their truck in for warranty work after swapping the cluster? Mine is throwing the stupid evap leak code (tried clearing but keeps coming back) but if there's a chance the cluster swap messes with the warranty i can just deal with it. The service tech probably wouldn't even notice except for the mileage (dash shows ~1300 miles but truck is just over 14k miles).

Has anyone needed to take their truck in for warranty work after swapping the cluster? Mine is throwing the stupid evap leak code (tried clearing but keeps coming back) but if there's a chance the cluster swap messes with the warranty i can just deal with it. The service tech probably wouldn't even notice except for the mileage (dash shows ~1300 miles but truck is just over 14k miles).
bumping

you might have to tell them you swapped the cluster and actual mileage is XXXX - i'm sure they can verify it but you have some explaining to do to avoid being blamed for tampering the odometer.

I just put the old cluster back in when I did the BCM replacement. Slight pain in the ass but since that was probably the last time a dealer will ever see the truck I was fine to do it. I just didn’t want any rollback on the Carfax if they reported like most dealers do.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back