Would you give this up for a TRX??

For me it was either a regular 1500/F150 + a Mustang Gt/Gt350 or the Trx. Didn't feel i needed 2 cars so the trx was a mix of the 2. I like how it handles and accelerates for a truck. In the truck realm unless you go Raptor R there is not another truck that competes with it IMO. that GT500 is a monster that you cant probably enjoy to the max (legally) unless in a track. Tough decision id say but go with the one that gives you more use year round.

Do both, go biggy or go home!
Me: Black Maserati V8 Quatroporte + Black 2022 TRX Level 2 ++++

LOVE GT550 but @ 6’5” I need more room ……both vrooomMM!

Depending on where you live. Had a SS 1LE. But ya can't drive it year round in the northeast.

I did it!
IMG_2261.jpeg

Yup, I would give it up in a New York minute!
But...I have only bought one car (for myself) in my life but have owned lots and lots of Trucks, Jeeps and SUV's:)

Welcome to the TRX club!

Where you live and what you do should be what helps you decide. I live in Idaho. The TRX is a no brainer for me.

I always make a bar graph in my head. There is no "better" just different! For instance on good dry pavement if you want speed there are plenty of motorcycles that will get your adrenalin pumpin way faster than a car can! However add some rain......snow........fall........winter.........need room for cargo.....want some safety features.......So a motorcycle is like a 10 in some categories and a 0 in others. The TRX is an enigma........fast but it still seats 5, has a 5.7' bed, and plenty of ground clearance..........it also doesn't mind rain, snow, sand, dirt, and pretty deep water..........again my friend what are "YOUR" goals? The TRX gets better marks than super cars in more categories! What categories are important to you, your lifestyle, and possibly your family?

Little late to your thread but I just did the opposite!
After 5 months of owning a Harvest Sunrise (Final Edition #1579/4000) TRX.
I just traded it for a Dealership Customized GT Performance, with a Darkhorse Component Swap to get the full 500c-HP, aaaaand a Night Pony Package, which just painted my roof/spoiler Black and came with matching 19" rims, fitted over 9"Brembos in the Front and I'm not entirely sure if the back brembos are the same size or not?
The painted black roof, for some strange reason, made losing the panoramic Sun/Moon Roof a little easier.. from a distance that gloss Black paint looks like the old Glass Panel Mustangs from my teens/twenties!
I have yet to regret my decision, 0-60 times are 0.01% better in the GT-P.. I'll definitely miss some of the $125K amenities compared to $60K components.. like REAL Carbon Fiber instead of woven plastic or what ever! (Some Youtubers actually argue this is just rough non treated CF) but all in all, my reasoning behind the swap was that I truly, deeply felt guilty for not off roading, not tracking it, not racing it, maybe a few pulls from red-light to red-light. Outside of those select few "In-The-Know" people didn't even know what it was! In Odessa, TX. We have these coffee shops called 7-Brew, they're all about car culture, beautiful girls, and kind respectful culture, the idea behind the place is to pull up in of two lanes, one of the Barristas makes her way out with a Tablet, gets your phone number, pulls up your profile, uses and points you have built up, etc, etc... Then you park in one of the spots to show off your ride and check out other's rides. I do this A LOT... and never had any of the girls up there co.e comment on the Truck, but I had a METRIC TON of dudes come up telling me the truck was anything from; "A sexy Beast, She's a *Byoot*, damn that's a hot ride bro!" You get my point.. first day Coffee-Shopping with the Mustang two Barristas came up out of their way to come ask what year it was, called it sexy, said it was beautiful/gorgeous, and you don't have to believe this.. but the Hispanic one literally started quoting power figures at me and we sat there for a good 8 minutes comparing apples to oranges lmao, [she owned a 2015 Eco-Boost] I didn't knock her for it! Most girls don't even understand the inherent room for growth in the Modern SVO Power train!

Sorry for the book length... but my main was moral just needing to vent to people that may half way understand the dilemma I was running into here with the TRX. Now my side moral is if you wanna pick up chicks.. get a Mustang, wanna pick up dudes!? Get a TRX, she'll never understand how much that truck means to us haha!
P.S. jk

Thanks Guys,
Damian.

I just traded it for a Dealership Customized GT Performance, with a Darkhorse Component Swap to get the full 500c-HP, aaaaand a Night Pony Package, which just painted my roof/spoiler Black and came with matching 19" rims, fitted over 9"Brembos in the Front and I'm not entirely sure if the back brembos are the same size or not?
The painted black roof, for some strange reason, made losing the panoramic Sun/Moon Roof a little easier.. from a distance that gloss Black paint looks like the old Glass Panel Mustangs from my teens/twenties!
I have yet to regret my decision, 0-60 times are 0.01% better in the GT-P.. I'll definitely miss some of the $125K amenities compared to $60K components.. like REAL Carbon Fiber instead of woven plastic or what ever! (Some Youtubers actually argue this is just rough non treated CF) but all in all, my reasoning behind the swap was that I truly, deeply felt guilty for not off roading, not tracking it, not racing it, maybe a few pulls from red-light to red-light. Outside of those select few "In-The-Know" people didn't even know what it was! In Odessa, TX. We have these coffee shops called 7-Brew, they're all about car culture, beautiful girls, and kind respectful culture, the idea behind the place is to pull up in of two lanes, one of the Barristas makes her way out with a Tablet, gets your phone number, pulls up your profile, uses and points you have built up, etc, etc... Then you park in one of the spots to show off your ride and check out other's rides. I do this A LOT... and never had any of the girls up there co.e comment on the Truck, but I had a METRIC TON of dudes come up telling me the truck was anything from; "A sexy Beast, She's a *Byoot*, damn that's a hot ride bro!" You get my point.. first day Coffee-Shopping with the Mustang two Barristas came up out of their way to come ask what year it was, called it sexy, said it was beautiful/gorgeous, and you don't have to believe this.. but the Hispanic one literally started quoting power figures at me and we sat there for a good 8 minutes comparing apples to oranges lmao, [she owned a 2015 Eco-Boost] I didn't knock her for it! Most girls don't even understand the inherent room for growth in the Modern SVO Power train!

Sorry for the book length... but my main was moral just needing to vent to people that may half way understand the dilemma I was running into here with the TRX. Now my side moral is if you wanna pick up chicks.. get a Mustang, wanna pick up dudes!? Get a TRX, she'll never understand how much that truck means to us haha!
P.S. jk

Thanks Guys,
Damian.
a31baca4-753d-4f99-a897-9e7547fa4263-1_all_7588.jpg

P.S. jk

Thanks Guys,
Damian.
1000001008.jpg
a31baca4-753d-4f99-a897-9e7547fa4263-1_all_7588.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000993.jpg
    1000000993.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 17

P.S. jk

Thanks Guys,
Damian.
So your entire reason behind trading in the trx and getting a regular Gt mustang was because the baristas at a coffee shop didn’t care about the TRX? I mean everyone has a need to please those around them… so you do you I guess. 😂🤣

I will most likely be trading my TRX in for a Durango hellcat. The TRX is a great truck. I have owned mine for 1.5 years which is the longest I have owned a single vehicle in at least 10 years. I usually change every 6 months.

Reason for trading include mostly the size and inability to park in a lot of parking places, parking garages and my wife is uncomfortable driving it. So when on vacations with the TRX she wont go anywhere without me driving her there. I am test living with the Durango hellcat for a week (I personally know the owner and he said enjoy it for a week). Only thing I will miss is the HUD and the 360 camera. The Durango has great seats but a little lacking in the interior tech. But wow can it haul ass and much better cornering and is a blast to drive.

Just my 0.02.
I did that switch and couldnt wait to get back into a TRX.

I've traded a TRX in for a C8 a couple years ago when they came out. It was great and fun for a while. But guess whose back in a TRX again. Can't beat these. Best daily and beat truck you can buy.

I did that switch and couldnt wait to get back into a TRX.
I will say that I did keep my hellrango but I recently picked up my raptor r. All I can say it is nice to have both. Need a fast car and a fast truck.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back